17 December Evening Problem At Samui Airport?

Plane in a ditch .. !

Accident: Bangkok AT72 at Koh Samui on Dec 17th 2011, fell into a ditch while taxiing

http://avherald.com/...=447d004a&opt=0

Another prop plane accident. Its my personal nightmare getting on the bus and finding I'm expected to fly on one of these tin boxes. Maybe I'll get some worry beads....!

Edited by smokie36

Posted on Bkk Air's Facebook wall:

Bangkok Airways's statement regarding the recent aircraft incident at Samui Airport

Bangkok / Yesterday, 17 December 2011, 23.00 hrs - Bangkok Airways' ATR72-500 flight PG178 bound for Bangkok at 18.50 hrs slid forward before preparing for taxi causing a slight contact between the front tip of the aircraft and the airport wall. All passengers and crew members on board were unharmed, and were safely transferred to Suvarnabhumi Airport on the next flight.

I picked a friend up at around 1300 hrs yesterday. It was delayed as were most of the flights at that time. So what with the incident in the evening, not a good day for Bangkok Airways.

Buuuuuut! Aren't they Asia's boutique airline!!? :rolleyes::whistling:

Bangkok Airways's statement regarding the recent aircraft incident at Samui Airport

Bangkok / Yesterday, 17 December 2011, 23.00 hrs - Bangkok Airways' ATR72-500 flight PG178 bound for Bangkok at 18.50 hrs slid forward before preparing for taxi causing a slight contact between the front tip of the aircraft and the airport wall. All passengers and crew members on board were unharmed, and were safely transferred to Suvarnabhumi Airport on the next flight.

Obviously the guy with the whistle was at lunch eh. :)

Be aware if travelling over the next few days on BKK AIR. The schedules seem to be in disarray at the moment with many cancellations and rescheduling. Probably due to the injured aircraft parked at the end of the Samui apron. It seems to need a new radome and maybe some nosewheel damage as well. Should imagine it's going to be out of service for some while.

Getting back to flight's on the 17th I arrived on a ATR from Uthapao at 1200, on final approach to the runway just over the temple at Banrak the aircraft did a fly around and during that time I heard the front wheel lock down as I was sitting in row 1A. This could have been same aircraft sitting on the ground with nose wheel damage now.

They should have plenty of spare part's the last one they crashed is still parked next to the control tower.

How many ATR's do you need to crash before the aviation authorities step in?

So it was a crash was it? As you seem to be the expert why don't you tell us!

By the way the control tower aircraft doesn't have a useable nose.

Getting back to flight's on the 17th I arrived on a ATR from Uthapao at 1200, on final approach to the runway just over the temple at Banrak the aircraft did a fly around and during that time I heard the front wheel lock down as I was sitting in row 1A. This could have been same aircraft sitting on the ground with nose wheel damage now.

John, I hope that you are going to share this mind blowing information with the DCA!

They should have plenty of spare part's the last one they crashed is still parked next to the control tower.

Ok Gator you got me biggrin.gif From now on I shall refer to it as "the unfortunate incident". wink.gif

No it came off the one that just crashed the first time. :lol: