Dual Entry Tourist Visa And 124 Day Vacation

As in the subject I have a dual entry visa, basically good for 2 entries of 60 days, but my holiday is 124 days.

I guess my question is could I extend my 1st entry to cover the extra days, then leave at 64 days and re-enter the country to serve out the final 60?

Otherwise as I see it my only option is to spend a few days in a neighboring country.

Whats my best cost effective option?

I'm Canadian

Each entry can be extended by 30 days at Immigration.

This would give up to 180 days.

Or just extending one of the entries would give up to 150 days.

You can extend either of the entries. Up to you.

Thx,

I went to Chang Wattana a few years ago for a 30 day extension, that cost me 1900 baht.

Will they do a 1 week extension for free forinstance?

is your visa valid for 3 months or 6 months from issue ? whats the enter before date shown on the visa ?

when did you apply for the visa ? when are you arriving in thailand ?

the choice is upto you how to use the visa there'sa few options and also some pit falls.

is this your first time in thailand ?

where are you staying and where are you thinking of going to activate your second entry ?

malaysia is free to enter but getting there maybe tricky and prices for hotels etc cost more .

cambodia costs 20 $ to enter it's popular for a 5 day tour or something to see the temples etc

laos costs 35$ to enter - nice for a 1-2 week tour.

burma costs 500 baht to enter for the day.

personally i wouldn't spend 1900 baht for 4 days , i would use that 1900 baht and visit cambodia or put the money towards a flight to malaysia or something depending on your location.

if your going to extend then probably extending the second entry is better incase you need to stay longer than the 124 days - a days border run to burma maybe an option ?

swings and roundabouts , need to know some more info. to advise you.

Thx Chris

I like your way of thinking

I just got the dual entry visa last week and its good for 6 months, I will arrive next week.

I did a thai visa visa run from bkk to cambodia last year for 2000 baht, a 6 hr return trip and some food on the road. Had a little trouble with the temple area at that time and had to go to an alternate crossing.

I'd almost do that same thing if they could drop me off and pick me up in a few days instead of the obligatory walk across border to the immigration window and back in 20 min.

I'll probably be near bkk at the time, Burma looks about the same distance... whats in Burma for less than a week?

hi,

you say your in bkk around day 60 but if your going to extend one of the entries then you can do the border run anywhere between day 34 and day 90 of your stay.

if your definitely doing it from bkk and dates aren't an issue then maybe an idea to extend the first one and do the border run just before day 90 that way you'll be allowed to stay in thailand longer should any problem arise.

i have only been to burma for the day up at the far north crossing mai sai, i think the one closer to bkk is mai sot and maybe not much there ? they usually only give you a single day entry for 500 baht and they keep hold of your passport for you, the last time i went i asked them how long could i stay and they said they can use a different 12 day stamp if i told them where i was wanting to staying etc they didn't say how much that one cost i got the impression was 500 baht also.

i did a bit of a tour of cambodia when i was in a similar situation i flew from samui to phnom penn and then a bus upto siam reap (ankor wat temples) and then a bus back to bkk all quite easy and not expensive took about a week.

there must be companies in bkk selling ankor wat tours instead of going with a visa run one ? or if you can just get a bus to siam reap even better you can arrange the rest yourself, take 2 days looking around the vast temple sites on a bike.

there's a bus station in siam reap where you can easily turn up and buy a ticket back to bkk.

what time is your flight due to land ? because if it's late at night then maybe you can go through immigration after midnight to save a day ?

I land at 11:15pm, had the timing there in my mind as well.

Well, I'll weigh my choices, I doubt I'm going to spend 1900baht to extend one of my entries, going to chang wattana and all that joy..

Most likely stay a couple or 3 days in a neighboring country.

I've got till Feb 25th to decide.

As in the subject I have a dual entry visa, basically good for 2 entries of 60 days, but my holiday is 124 days.

I guess my question is could I extend my 1st entry to cover the extra days, then leave at 64 days and re-enter the country to serve out the final 60?

Otherwise as I see it my only option is to spend a few days in a neighboring country.

I'm Canadian

Hi wcoast ,

I'm canadian also ... what i have to do to get a dual entry visa, good for 2 entries of 60 days ??

where to go .. to aply ??

thanx

I'm Canadian

Hi wcoast ,

I'm canadian also ... what i have to do to get a dual entry visa, good for 2 entries of 60 days ??

where to go .. to aply ??

thanx

The Thai embassy is in Vancouver. You can get the visa there, $80 for dual entry tourist visa.

http://www.thaicongenvancouver.org/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=24&Itemid=52

• 1 month later...

I'm bumping my topic, as I have decided to check out Laos.

My entry stamp says Feb24, so I'm assuming i must leave Thailand on that day. So I'll go to Nong Khai and take a bus/minivan across? Stay in Vienteine for 4-5 days and return. Seems like the visa fee to Laos is $43 USD, (I'm Canadian) is there anything cheaper or free?

I'm choosing Laos because I've never been there and it looks quite scenic. I was thinking of renting a scooter for the time to get around and see what there is to see.

Any comments or suggestions on my plans and local prices getting to the border and while in Laos? I have a Thai (1-2-call) sim card, what about my cell etc. can i use it there cheaply? thx

I'm bumping my topic, as I have decided to check out Laos.

My entry stamp says Feb24, so I'm assuming i must leave Thailand on that day. So I'll go to Nong Khai and take a bus/minivan across? Stay in Vienteine for 4-5 days and return. Seems like the visa fee to Laos is $43 USD, (I'm Canadian) is there anything cheaper or free?

I'm choosing Laos because I've never been there and it looks quite scenic. I was thinking of renting a scooter for the time to get around and see what there is to see.

Any comments or suggestions on my plans and local prices getting to the border and while in Laos? I have a Thai (1-2-call) sim card, what about my cell etc. can i use it there cheaply? thx

Laos Visa for Canadian is USD43.- if you pay in new USD bill, otherwise is about THB1,700or1,800.-.To stay 4-5days in Vientiane isa long time, you might do a sidetrip to Vang Viang, a scenic area 2-3hours from Vientiene.

Malaysia is free to enter.

Thanks for the replies.

Yes I will likely tour around outside Vientiene, especially if there is something wothwhile just a couple hours away .

How about the safety factor if I rent a scooter there and head out of town? Will I be susceptable to being mugged on the road? I'm wise, observant and aware, but I don't want to entice anyone by being alone and outside a main city. Canadian gov website warns of banditry on route13 from Vang Vieng to Luang Prabang.