Red Shirts Threaten To Rally For Arisman's Bail

webfact

I recall at the beginning of the Bangkok protest of 2010, a lot were predicting it would get ugly and that there would be violence. Well, it did remain peaceful for the first few days, and a number of red sympathisers came onto the forum saying how wrong it was for people to have been making those predictions, and how unfair it was to stereotype the reds as being violent.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's just plain obvious, that's all.

Its sooo obvious that only you can see it...

Please provide documented evidence to support your claim that the "Democrat's supported the coup"

If its that obvious, it shouldn't take you long... the last 'thing' you posted didn't suggest that.

we're talking about the government parties .... not thaksin, not abhisit.

How can we talk about government parties and not make mention of PMs? I do believe they play a role, and quite an important one at that.

i'm not saying don't mention them... i'm saying don't base your opinion of a parties corruption based on a single person... geddit?

it's just plain obvious, that's all.

Its sooo obvious that only you can see it...

Please provide documented evidence to support your claim that the "Democrat's supported the coup"

If its that obvious, it shouldn't take you long... the last 'thing' you posted didn't suggest that.

i'm not here to prove anything to you

the blind will lead the blind, so you should be just fine.

if you are a supporter of pad/yellow shirt or whatever that opposition likes to call themselves these days or the democrat party... then you cannot make any arguments about democracy, because they've all supported the very opposite of it

What have the Democrat party supported that is the "very opposite of" democracy?

it is called a judicial coup.

Ignoring the fact that TRT and PPP DID commit the actions they were found guilty of.

And disbanded based on the laws. But why quibble with reality.

Let's just throw out a misleading catch phrase.

if you are a supporter of pad/yellow shirt or whatever that opposition likes to call themselves these days or the democrat party... then you cannot make any arguments about democracy, because they've all supported the very opposite of it

What have the Democrat party supported that is the "very opposite of" democracy?

Or it could also be called "justice". It amazes me how people can rattle on about "democracy" and complain when the judiciary uphold electoral law in the same breath.

+1

Ignoring the fact that TRT and PPP DID commit the actions they were found guilty of.

And disbanded based on the laws. But why quibble with reality.

Let's just throw out a misleading catch phrase.

misleading catchphrase?

what's the technical phrase then please?

And most of those were probably TV posts.....................Incidentally try "thailand democrats violence", you'll get 33,600,000 results - so what's the point?

Possibly that you need to uprate uprate your google skills.

Presently upbraided.

Cant prove the point you are trying to make... you are right, the blind does indeed lead the blind... watch out for that lamp-post.. opps, did that hurt?

Until you can put down hard, irrefutable evidence to support your claim that the Democrate's supported the coup, you are nothing but a red troll ;)

I wouldn't shed a tear if a couple of trucks overturned while they're on their way here. Freaking jobless thugs.

yes what horrible scumbag sub-human thugs who wish death on others eh?

Why even bother debating with such hateful people?

These people are trying to intimidate the courts into releasing a terrorist who incited other Red Shirts to burn Bangkok to the ground. Yes wanting to free someone who actually manage to get people to try to burn down this city isn't hateful.

+1

i'm not saying don't mention them... i'm saying don't base your opinion of a parties corruption based on a single person... geddit?

So, all red shirts are terrorists?

exactly the opposite

you've walked yourself into that one, when i'm the one always saying that you shouldn't judge a whole group based on a single persons actions

see the similarity in this instance?

how you've got "all red shirts are terrorists" from "don't base your opinion of a parties corruption based on a single person" ... who knows

Cant prove the point you are trying to make... you are right, the blind does indeed lead the blind... watch out for that lamp-post.. opps, did that hurt?

Until you can put down hard, irrefutable evidence to support your claim that the Democrate's supported the coup, you are nothing but a red troll wink.gif

;)

exactly the opposite

you've walked yourself into that one, when i'm the one always saying that you shouldn't judge a whole group based on a single persons actions

how you've got "all red shirts are terrorists" from "don't base your opinion of a parties corruption based on a single person" ... who knows

You're trying to paint the whole Democrat party as corrupt based on their members being corrupt.

exactly the opposite

You're trying to paint the whole Democrat party as corrupt based on their members being corrupt.

no i'm not

How can you say i based my opinion on it? You asked whether the previous government were innocent of any corruption or ineffectiveness, and i replied "no". Just because i went on to add that i thought it was, nevertheless, a positive move forward that the PM remained clean, doesn't change my answer to your question about the Democrat party.

so are you saying the previous government were innocent of any corruption or ineffectiveness?

The government weren't no,

Or it could also be called "justice". It amazes me how people can rattle on about "democracy" and complain when the judiciary uphold electoral law in the same breath.

not amazing - you know the whole story as well as I do. This is a perfect example of the democrats, specifically Abhisit, being deeply involved in forcing this judicial coup and profiting from it. the courts were one of many actors in the play.

You also know as well as I do that the democrats participated in vote-buying as well as other parties. The judiciary upholding justice is therefore true only superficially, or have I missed the court decision where the Democratic party was disbanded??

How can you say i based my opinion on it? You asked whether the previous government were innocent of any corruption or ineffectiveness, and i replied "no". Just because i went on to add that i thought it was, nevertheless, a positive move forward that the PM remained clean, doesn't change my answer to your question about the Democrat party.

so are you saying the previous government were innocent of any corruption or ineffectiveness?

The government weren't no,

fine but context is a very important thing... we were talking about government parties in regards to the coup and your response was basically ... the party wasn't no but here's a paragraph about abhisit and the red shirts

not amazing - you know the whole story as well as I do. This is a perfect example of the democrats, specifically Abhisit, being deeply involved in forcing this judicial coup and profiting from it. the courts were one of many actors in the play.

You also know as well as I do that the democrats participated in vote-buying as well as other parties. The judiciary upholding justice is therefore true only superficially, or have I missed the court decision where the Democratic party was disbanded??

"the democrats, specifically Abhisit, being deeply involved in forcing this judicial coup" - Huh???

The PPP were disbanded because THE EXECUTIVE were caught involved in vote fraud. Some Democrat MPs were also banned, but THE EXECUTIVE were not found to be involved, so the party wasn't disbanded.

you said

"A coup isn't a good thing but it's so much better then letting a corrupt and ineffectual government continue ruling the country."

i asked do you think the democrat government were innocent of these values and you couldn't just give me a straight answer

btw.... the answer is no.

I did answer it. I don't think Thailand has ever seen a clean government since it achieved democracy but Thaksin took corruption to the highest level. There are dirty politicians and then there's Thaksin.

Well I'm glad a few people on here are swimming against the tide, expecting any rally on behalf of the demands of Arisman - the man suspected by many of coordinating the M79 attacks into the multi-coloured protesters at Siam (amongst other allegations on this thread) - to be peaceful.

Such a belief is against the typical behaviour the red shirts are now renowned for, both in Thailand and overseas, and against the predictions of the odd security analyst here and there I am in contact with.

But if the usual pro-red lot on here believe they'll act peacefully, well I suppose that's some good news. Personally I'll be staying well the expletive away.

you said

"A coup isn't a good thing but it's so much better then letting a corrupt and ineffectual government continue ruling the country."

i asked do you think the democrat government were innocent of these values and you couldn't just give me a straight answer

btw.... the answer is no.

I did answer it. I don't think Thailand has ever seen a clean government since it achieved democracy but Thaksin took corruption to the highest level. There are dirty politicians and then there's Thaksin.

he took corruption to the highest level in thailand?

I think it's obvious what I wrote.

well not really... you could have easily been talking about taking corruption to it's highest level in general or just to the highest level in thailand.

simple question... smarmy answer.

go figure.

I think it's obvious what I wrote.

well not really... you could have easily been talking about taking corruption to it's highest level in general or just to the highest level in thailand.

simple question... smarmy answer.

go figure.

No it wasn't really. It was obvious what I wrote. If you didn't understand it then too bad.

-snip-

And there you have it ladies and gentlemen. Freedom of expression is a human right! Even if it is intimidation, assault, arson, vandalism and what not! This is Red freedom for you! Bravo!

Those are your words, not mine. You clearly do not believe such nonsense, nor do I.

I recall at the beginning of the Bangkok protest of 2010, a lot were predicting it would get ugly and that there would be violence. Well, it did remain peaceful for the first few days, and a number of red sympathisers came onto the forum saying how wrong it was for people to have been making those predictions, and how unfair it was to stereotype the reds as being violent.

I recall the violence beginning after 1 month, not just a few days?

Anyway, no denials from me that the protests in the last 6 years were never violent. Clearly they have been. And likewise, they were not always violent. That is true for both sides.