Kasikornbank

I'm getting a lot of problems with The Kasikornbank at the moment.

They have not paid me the correct interest on a Timed Deposit account for months 6 to 9. They paid me the same amount as for months 3 to 6. When I went into the branch (in Phimai, Korat) the staff were very sorry etc etc; but also let on that I wasn't the only customer with that sort of account, at that branch, with the same problem. They said they would "talk to the office in bangkok" (sigh); and get back to me. Over a week has passed, no comms. at all; or correct payment made.

ALSO, my normal saving account with same bank and branch has not paid ANY INTEREST AT ALL when the 6 monthly payment was due; on 18th December 2011. I called the Bangkok help/contact line about this; only to be told I would have to visit the branch to find out why the interest due had not been paid. The Thai bloke in Bangkok then told me he had been talking to a Thai customer in Bangkok earlier that day WITH EXACTLY THE SAME PROBLEM !!

Any one else out there getting the same treatment as me?

Tommorrow I visit the branch again; they may well find a large withdrawal being made in the near future.

I may as well just buy 10 Baht of gold; like everyone else round here does!

I also have an account with Kasikorn bank (head branch) in BKK.

Interest is always paid 18-20 th June and Dec.................. but nothing so far this month!!!!!!

Time for a visit

I asked today and was told early next week is paydate. So be patient a little more.

I also have an account with Kasikorn bank (head branch) in BKK.

Interest is always paid 18-20 th June and Dec.................. but nothing so far this month!!!!!!

Time for a visit

I asked today and was told early next week is paydate. So be patient a little more.

I went into the branch again yesterday, the staff told me the 6 monthly interest would be paid into the account on 23rd Dec 2011. When I asked why the 5 day delay, all I got was the "shit eating grin". It's now 12:11 on the 23rd; and guess what----- no payment. They are sure to say that the interest will be paid at the end of the business day; so no point in doing anything "till next monday. When I asked again about the correct payment for months 7-9 on the timed deposit account; I was told the extra amount owed to me would be paid on the 28th Dec. 2011.

IF it arrives then, it will be over 6 weeks late. Again, no explanation offered.

I need to leave the funds where they are untill end of Jan 2012, so I can get the letter from the bank saying I've had the 800,000 Thai Baht in accounts for three months; so I can re-new my retirement visa.

On that day, I hope gold prices are still favourable.

I would have to say that my recent experiences of UK and USA banks is not really any better; sigh.

Today, 24th Dec; I had an email reply from Kas:

Referring to your email dated on 20/12/2011 about the interest on saving account, please be informed that the interest of saving account will be deposited to our customers on last week of this month.

KASIKORNBANK PCL. would like to thank you for using our saving account. Should you have any further enquiries, please do not hesitate to contact K-Contact Center at Tel. (66) 2888 8800 or email us at [email protected]

Service is our heart, so you can 'Leave everything in our hands'.

KASIKORNBANKGROUP Towards Service Excellence.

I fear this organisation may have observed how the likes of R.B.S. and Lloyds T.S.B. did/do business; and decided that carring on like a bunch of pikeys is the business model of the future.

My six month interest payment received in my account on the 26th, with a "paid" date of the 24th. Now it's pikey software time.

So, all I need now is the balance owed to me from the "short" payment made on 10th November for months 7-9 of my timed deposit account.

None of these amounts are large, not the point though.

I can almost hear the software engineer in Bangkok trying to ball shit his way into making his boss believe it was somebody elses fault.

I checked my account on line today, to see what; if anything, happened on the 28th Dec. regarding promised credit relating to short payment on timed deposit account months 7 to 9.

Wow, latest software version rolled out with very few checks I would say; prob due to the holiday season; mabe.

Instead of the one payment of a couple of hundred Baht (simple interest calculations -- not rocket science), on the 28th Dec I was credited twice; one sum of over 600 Baht,and the other of over 1100 Baht.

Under the circumstances I would have to say I have no idea why; or to what these payments relate to.

I feel I now have to bring this to the attention of my branch, in fear of what may happen to my account when/if the software lurches into it's next fantasy version.

As we used to say at H.P; sometimes it's quicker to train a monkey.

I too got an issue with Kasikorn - I tried to get my mobile phone number changed about two months ago, but to date, nothing happened in spite of three calls where I asked them if they had everything they need to make the change.

I think their operations centre may have been very badly hit by floods, but they didn't tell anyone.