New Style Forum Layout

cardholder

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

when i try to use the dropdown menu at thetop of the page in can not use them because the google add that goes across

blocks me from clicking on the dropdown menu

rick

Sounds like you are using Internet Explorer. Turn off compatible mode in your browser and it should resolve your issue.

when i try to use the dropdown menu at thetop of the page in can not use them because the google add that goes across

blocks me from clicking on the dropdown menu

rick

Sounds like you are using Internet Explorer. Turn off compatible mode in your browser and it should resolve your issue.

thanks it works now

rick

While I have not read all this I now see where most of the initial bugs have been addresses, well done team.

One which still annoys me is associated with the "View new contents". When I select 'Contents since my last visit" I'm still seeing some 317 pages of them???

While I have not read all this I now see where most of the initial bugs have been addresses, well done team.

One which still annoys me is associated with the "View new contents". When I select 'Contents since my last visit" I'm still seeing some 317 pages of them???

There is a side bar, pick past 24 hours, past week, down at the very bottom of the page is a link mark this community read and it was show all content as being read and you wont' have to see anything in the list at all :)

On the old forum, the sign-up date of a poster was displayed directly under their name.

Now this useful information is hidden away, and requires the user to hover their mouse over the poster's name to retrieve the information.

Any chance of tweaking things so the info is displayed directly, as it was on the old board?

Edited by katana

On the old forum, the sign-up date of a poster was displayed directly under their name.

Now this useful information is hidden away, and requires the user to hover their mouse over the poster's name to retrieve the information.

Any chance of tweaking things so the info is displayed directly, as it was on the old board?

Not sure, it may be reintroduce in next minor upgrade later in Q1.

Edit function is now a real pain (maybe just me????) - using win 7 Ultimate IE8 - Half the time I get the little green strobe light at the top and then nothing - sometimes I get just the Save/Full Edi/Cancel bar appear with no text box to edit and sometimes it works. Saving after, same thing - takes at least 5 goes at clicking save, waiting for the strobe to finish and the text box remains - no save takes place. Not good, makes me just want to leave all the typos in place, so makes for a poorly edited site.

Edit: Just changed a typo on this post and it behaved better - so maybe longer length text is the problem? Or just some threads? Or intermitant???

Edited by wolf5370

Edit function is now a real pain (maybe just me????) - using win 7 Ultimate IE8 - Half the time I get the little green strobe light at the top and then nothing - sometimes I get just the Save/Full Edi/Cancel bar appear with no text box to edit and sometimes it works. Saving after, same thing - takes at least 5 goes at clicking save, waiting for the strobe to finish and the text box remains - no save takes place. Not good, makes me just want to leave all the typos in place, so makes for a poorly edited site.

Edit: Just changed a typo on this post and it behaved better - so maybe longer length text is the problem? Or just some threads? Or intermitant???

Do you have the same issue if you edit in Chrome or Firefox for example?

When I am watching a topic and someone posts, I'd like to see their post in the email, not just a link to the topic. Saves a lot of time. Lonelyplanet does it that way.

I see the text of their post in the email... wondering why you don't.

When I am watching a topic and someone posts, I'd like to see their post in the email, not just a link to the topic. Saves a lot of time. Lonelyplanet does it that way.

I see the text of their post in the email... wondering why you don't.

I am too now.

There is a side bar, pick past 24 hours, past week, down at the very bottom of the page is a link mark this community read and it was show all content as being read and you wont' have to see anything in the list at all smile.png

I would like to see this smiley (above from sbk) in the limited choice from the toolbar. It saves making too many clicks to get a basic smile.

I don't use the toolbar i use : and then ) and there you go smile.png

smiley in two keystrokes .

same with tongue.png its a : and then a P

Is there a list that identifies the keystrokes necessary to generate the smileys?

I don't use the toolbar i use : and then ) and there you go smile.png

smiley in two keystrokes .

same with tongue.png its a : and then a P

Is there a list that identifies the keystrokes necessary to generate the smileys?

Just click on the Show All under the smiles and the left hand column are the codes.

post-566-0-81761400-1326942111_thumb.jpg

Can anyone tell me how to get to my account page or my settings? PLZ

Click on your member name (upper right corner of any forum page). Choose Settings or My Profile.

Hi George, when I do that the dropdown with the options on is totally obscured by the TVF banner and the adds ect. How can I correct this?

Edited by waza