New Style Forum Layout

cardholder

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can't believe that I started all of this BS with a post of a problem I was having 18 posts ago that turned out to be my fault!

Don't worry Wayned...its not about you, TV is not about supporting expats anymore...its about the $$...and to be frank...you...and most likely me...are not important anymore.

Can't believe that I started all of this BS with a post of a problem I was having 18 posts ago that turned out to be my fault!

Don't worry Wayned...its not about you, TV is not about supporting expats anymore...its about the $$...and to be frank...you...and most likely me...are not important anymore.

You've been a member since...let's see... wow, yesterday. Why would you think this is not about you "any more"?

I like this forum, and I totally like it to be free of charge for me. I do understand that there are cost, and I am also happy to see it as a successful business model. It is a service, and someone has the right to get an income from it. He's not getting it from me, but I consume the service. Why would I complain that somebody else pays for it? Now it might get a bit too complicated for you, but the next question is: Why would that "somebody else" want to pay for it?

Here is an idea: Start of forum of the same caliber, don't charge and don't allow ads, and let me know how you fare.

Kudos to George for making this forum so successful, i.e. that so many members like it that so many clicks are generated that attract so many advertisers. (I hope I haven't lost you there, otherwise please scream.) There is a limit to the number or size of ads anybody will tolerate, and I have a feeling that George and the mod teams know this. I don't know the TOS he is referring to, but personally, I don't find the forum overloaded with ads.

What is more important for me, I have gotten used to the new software and now like it. I didn't pay for it - did you?

Edited by tombkk
  • Like 1

Can you see your total reputation score somewhere on your profile? Currently, the only way I can work out is to find a post you've made somewhere and hover over your own username, not the most efficient method.

Also, can we add the ability to list all members by reputation score in ascending / descending order?

Can we enable notifications (either by email or just within the forum) for when people "like" our posts, like Facebook does when someone likes something you post?

Lastly, it would be good if we could click on a member's reputation number in their profile pop-up box and then list all posts that have contributed to that reputation (so, basically, a shortcut to the member's "Reputation" tab in their profile.

Edited by dantilley

Some people seem to have got their profile icons working with animated gifs since the upgrade.

How is this done?

Thanks in advance.

If you reload your avatar from your profile settings it will work then.

Thanks.

Until last week, Windows XP had the greatest market share of any operating system in the world. It will not stop being supported until well after Windows 8 comes out, which according to reports is sometime in the first half of this year.

Actually the turn around and parity point to Win7 majority was July 2011. Currently Windows7+Vista is 50.7% versus 32.8% for XP. Around March when Win7+Vista surpassed WinXP

post-566-0-63624700-1325678589_thumb.jpg

W3Schools OS statistics

Here is rhe distribution of operating system usage worldwide as of December 2011. Good or bad, XP in Asia seems to still be vert popular.

Win 7 Market Share.doc

Edited by wayned

Can you see your total reputation score somewhere on your profile? Currently, the only way I can work out is to find a post you've made somewhere and hover over your own username, not the most efficient method.

Also, can we add the ability to list all members by reputation score in ascending / descending order?

Can we enable notifications (either by email or just within the forum) for when people "like" our posts, like Facebook does when someone likes something you post?

Lastly, it would be good if we could click on a member's reputation number in their profile pop-up box and then list all posts that have contributed to that reputation (so, basically, a shortcut to the member's "Reputation" tab in their profile.

Click on your member name at the top right of the screen and then click <My Profile> and <Reputation>.

And you can view the reputation list from anyone's profile.

And one more, how many "likes" do we get per day?

Someone mentioned in another thread that they could only do 10.

Edited by whybother

Some people seem to have got their profile icons working with animated gifs since the upgrade.

How is this done?

Thanks in advance.

I see that if I hit <esc> the animation stops again. smile.png

Can I make the animations to restart again? (This questions is academic, as I don't think I would need this functionality.)

Am i able to quote OP post ? can't seem to find the button.

That has been removed due to issues of too many quotes and quotes of the quotes causing readability problems.

How do i make my avatar move again like puyai ban ?

See my post #465 above - reload avatar in profile.

Simply awful - bad move.

I've seen communities in the past practically dwindle into irrelevance after forum software "updates" of this kind.

Is it really that bad? It's a bit different, but I don't see how it's going to make everyone leave.

Simply awful - bad move.

I've seen communities in the past practically dwindle into irrelevance after forum software "updates" of this kind.

Is it really that bad? It's a bit different, but I don't see how it's going to make everyone leave.

For every 1 that leaves, 10 more join..

totster :D

• Like 1

Am i able to quote OP post ? can't seem to find the button.

That has been removed due to issues of too many quotes and quotes of the quotes causing readability problems.

How do i make my avatar move again like puyai ban ?

See my post #465 above - reload avatar in profile.

Thank You wai.gif

How is this done?

Thanks in advance.

Can I make the animations to restart again? (This questions is academic, as I don't think I would need this functionality.)

If you reload the page (hit F5) in Windows, it should reanimate.

Click on your member name at the top right of the screen and then click <My Profile> and <Reputation>.

I got that, but what I mean is your overall reputation score, not the full breakdown. Even on the Reputation page, it doesn't mention what the total reputation score is: e.g. if you hover over my name, you'll see my current total is 38 - that's the only place I can find this number is mentioned.

I got that, but what I mean is your overall reputation score, not the full breakdown. Even on the Reputation page, it doesn't mention what the total reputation score is: e.g. if you hover over my name, you'll see my current total is 38 - that's the only place I can find this number is mentioned.

OK. Found it. On the right hand side of your profile page (Overview tab) is your score.

• Like 1

Ah, seen it now, thanks a lot :)

By the way, I notice that when you hover over this score a small speech bubble style annotation appears, however this is obscured by the Google Ad directly above it, and only the very bottom (10 pixels or so) can be seen. It would be good if this could be fixed.

How is this done?

Thanks in advance.

If you reload the page (hit F5) in Windows, it should reanimate.

Thanks, that works.

Simply awful - bad move.

I don't contribute much on here compared to another forum, but unless you know of a better, there's none that compares when wanting information about Thailand. Where else would I have got the information to rewire my MIL's house?

Well done TV.

BTW, I don't have any problem with the ads, and have sussed most of the changes, though I was more comfortable with the old system. It's difficult to teach this old dog new tricks.

I do like that I can copy and paste what I'm writing now- couldn't do that before.