New Style Forum Layout

cardholder

Previously, threads containing new posts since one's last visit were automatically made bold, and those containing no new posts were not. That was easy to use.

Now I actually have to remember to click on a button to mark a sub-forum as read, and I cant even find a button that marks them all as read in one click, so I have to do it multiple times and scroll up to the top of the sub-forum in each case to do it.

This is a total pain.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

UPDATE:

We have just applied some fixes, system was down for some users a while when rebooting and re-cached with load balance system..

1. Now impossible to quote first post in a thread. Quote buttons removed in first post of a thread. We will add a reply button.

2. Now http://apps.thaivisa.com redirects correctly to Android Market. Some bugfixes for mobile apps, Android, iPhone, iPad.

Good NEWS: Nearly 1,000 Android App downloads in 24 hours.

3. Minor bug fixes in backend and database.

Thanks for your patience as we upgrade and fine tune the system!

Cheers, and a Happy ending 2011.

/Admin team.

I can deal with the new format but what annoys me is that the site used to use cookies to remember my visits. When I clicked on a topic I have previously opened it would only take me to the new posts in that topic. Now it takes me to the first post in the thread and I have to manually scroll down or to a new page, to where I left off viewing

Also, you have to be very careful of where you put your mouse pointer, since if you are just a little off from the subject line, you will open up the forum where the post is located not the post itself

Still spell checker not working here in Firefox 9.0.1 .. even after after downloading an "add on" to do so.... Any ideas anyone... ?

Generally the new layout is good, just takes a while to get used to it!

Although, there could be different light colours to seperate the Topics on the forum main pages... that would seperate topics better!

Edit: comment!

Ah interwesting! It seems to be only an issue on Mac, (using 10.7.2) I just opened PC and Spell check werks... with Firefox... hmmmm! ???

Edited by samuijimmy

I can deal with the new format but what annoys me is that the site used to use cookies to remember my visits. When I clicked on a topic I have previously opened it would only take me to the new posts in that topic. Now it takes me to the first post in the thread and I have to manually scroll down or to a new page, to where I left off viewing

I had the same "problem" in the beginning, but it's just a question of different functionality. With the new format you can either click the "Go to first unread post" at the top of the thread, or (a better option) click the dot to the left of the topic in the topic list. The latter will bring you directly to the first unread post just like the functionality in the old lay-out.

Sophon

Still spell checker not working here in Firefox 9.0.1 .. even after after downloading an "add on" to do so.... Any ideas anyone... ?

Generally the new layout is good, just takes a while to get used to it!

Although, there could be different light colours to seperate the Topics on the forum main pages... that would seperate topics better!

Edit: comment!

Ah interwesting! It seems to be only an issue on Mac, (using 10.7.2) I just opened PC and Spell check werks... with Firefox... hmmmm! ???

Found a topic running here about Firefox:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/522633-firefox-spell-check/

When I click on the link that I receive by email, I am taken right to the first unread message.

The main problem I have is that I will be on a page in the forum and I sudenly find myself back on page 1 but not the last 24 hours pages but 3, months, 6 months or 1 year of posts.

I am using Firefox 9.0.1.

I have to go to the previous page and hold it down to find what content page I was on, click that and everything is OK again

until the next time.

Hi I am having big problems with the new format, all the drop down menus are obscured by add banners ect. Also I cant find an option to start a topic. Can anyone help because I cant find the forum support section aswell.

Edited by waza

Hi I am having big problems with the new format, all the drop down menus are obscured by add banners ect. Also I cant find an option to start a topic. Can anyone help because I cant find the forum support section aswell.

<Start New Topic> is at the top right above the blue line.

post-105410-0-46294600-1325325391_thumb.

Edited by whybother

Can you post a screen shot please? What browser and version are you using?

Can you post a screen shot please? What browser and version are you using?

I am using IE8 I think I will post a screen shot tomorrow when I get home

Edited by waza

Hi I have IE8, but I dont know how to post a pic from my comp. A drag and drop function would be good. PS: I have to press the Edit button twice to get it to work.

Edited by waza

yes

yes

"Yes" what?

Hi I have IE8, but I dont know how to post a pic from my comp. A drag and drop function would be good. PS: I have to press the Edit button twice to get it to work.

Click <More Reply Options> at the bottom right below the reply text box, and the "Attach Files" functions will appear below the reply text box.

Click <More Reply Options> at the bottom right below the reply text box, and the "Attach Files" functions will appear below the reply text box.

Ok TY, whybother. Yes was in reply to whybother's question, sorry for the confusion.

post-46292-0-65274000-1325456849_thumb.p

post-46292-0-48416700-1325456873_thumb.p

Ok TY, whybother. Yes was in reply to whybother's question, sorry for the confusion.

OK. I can see what the first picture is showing and that would be something for George and his crew to look at, but what are you trying to show in the second picture.

If it's showing that the "Start New Topic" isn't displaying, that will only show when you are looking at the Topic list, and will not show if you're viewing a topic.

Also: "Can anyone help because I cant find the forum support section aswell."

What do you mean by "can't find"? You're posting in the forum support section.

Edited by whybother

OK. I can see what the first picture is showing and that would be something for George and his crew to look at, but what are you trying to show in the second picture.

If it's showing that the "Start New Topic" isn't displaying, that will only show when you are looking at the Topic list, and will not show if you're viewing a topic.

Also: "Can anyone help because I cant find the forum support section aswell."

What do you mean by "can't find"? You're posting in the forum support section.

Hi in the second picture I am showing that the drop down menu from the "waza" tab is totally obscured by the TVF banner.

Edited by waza

George ,

I believe the View New Content layout is terrible ... not as pleasing and easy to read as the old one , also I can't check my post history as before ... when I click on my profile it doesn't seem to do anything where as before it would go into my profile and bring up 6 or so headers to choose from.

Personally , the old one was better and easier to navigate... just my opinion ..

George ,

I believe the View New Content layout is terrible ... not as pleasing and easy to read as the old one , also I can't check my post history as before ... when I click on my profile it doesn't seem to do anything where as before it would go into my profile and bring up 6 or so headers to choose from.

Personally , the old one was better and easier to navigate... just my opinion ..

Click on New content, then look in the left margin "topics i have partipicated in". Click on that one.

ah! just figured out spell check on Mac with Firefox... thumbsup.gif

Right click mouse on text you are posting and then the drop down menu will show options ... at the bottom a green box says "check spelling" click that and it should now werk~ ! Now showing the red underline as you type...

No idea why that would have changed with the new format.... but a happier camper now....smile.png

i cant seem to get to grips with returning back to the forum,i can get back to the topic but icant get back to the forum i am reading,i keep going back to the visa forum at the begining.please help.

i cant seem to get to grips with returning back to the forum,i can get back to the topic but icant get back to the forum i am reading,i keep going back to the visa forum at the begining.please help.

click on quick navigtion button at top and bottom of forum

click on quick navigtion button at top and bottom of forum

Meatboy.... It might be hard to see until you mouse over it. With FireFox it might look like the attached screen shot. Look for the arrow right above the word "Contact". Once you mouse over it, the contrast increases and there it is.

post-498-0-93774200-1325495659_thumb.png

Just upgraded to FF 9.0.1 and the spell check on Thai Visa no longer works, even though my dictionary add-on is still shown as active.

I assume this problem is related to my upgrade as the spell check was working fine all day until I upgraded.

Just upgraded to FF 9.0.1 and the spell check on Thai Visa no longer works, even though my dictionary add-on is still shown as active.

I assume this problem is related to my upgrade as the spell check was working fine all day until I upgraded.

Checkqing ... confirmed with Firefox 9.

Edited by tombkk