New Style Forum Layout

cardholder

Not sure why you are having difficulty quoting, if you are just copy pasting, then select the text with your mouse and then hit the quote box in the fast reply at the bottom,

If you want to quote someone, hit the quote button under their post, same if you want to quote several, hit multiquote. a popup will appear at the bottom that gives you the chance to reply

and mijian, I am afraid I don't know what you mean. sorry

When you open a post and read the posts at the end of the page under the new format your avatar appears with the heading "reply to this post" but if the post is 2, 3 etc pages long the opportunity appears at the bottom of each page not just the last page I thought it may have been a waste of board space.(just a thought).

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not sure why you are having difficulty quoting, if you are just copy pasting, then select the text with your mouse and then hit the quote box in the fast reply at the bottom,

If you want to quote someone, hit the quote button under their post, same if you want to quote several, hit multiquote. a popup will appear at the bottom that gives you the chance to reply

When you open a post and read the posts at the end of the page under the new format your avatar appears with the heading "reply to this post" but if the post is 2, 3 etc pages long the opportunity appears at the bottom of each page not just the last page I thought it may have been a waste of board space.(just a thought).

Got it, hmm, it would certainly force people to read the entire thread before responding from the fast reply box, wouldn't it? :P

@ sbk

I just did this and... the quote box does not work. unsure.png

Edited by Semper

@ sbk

When you click in the "Reply to this topic" text box, do all the edit functions appear?

@ sbk

When you click in the "Reply to this topic" text box, do all the edit functions appear?

Yes.

Click on the little button on the far left hand side of the fast reply box, it toggles the editing mode. Sounds like you have toggled it to off

Yes, I tried this and every button is lighted up. This is how I do. I mark the text I want to copy, press the right mouse button and copy it. Then I scroll down to "reply to this topic", left click inside the box, then I click the small quote button... and nothing happens.

Edit. I'm using IE 8 but there was no issues before.

Edited by Semper

Click on the little button on the far left hand side of the fast reply box, it toggles the editing mode. Sounds like you have toggled it to off

Yes, I tried this and every button is lighted up. This is how I do. I mark the text I want to copy, press the right mouse button and copy it. Then I scroll down to "reply to this topic", left click inside the box, then I click the small quote button... and nothing happens.

I guess you should not click the quote button at that stage, try with right-clicking "Paste" instead.

Ok,

Highlight and copy text, paste into box. Select text inside box. click quote button.

like this

post-4641-0-78145800-1325058234_thumb.jp

Highlight and copy text, paste into box. Select text inside box. click quote button.

Testing. And this is the result. On a sidenote, there is another forum that have this new layout and the same problems occurred.

Edited by Semper

honestly, its the way I have always done it, even before. so, on a PC--really shortcut:

highlight text - control c

paste text - control v

highlight text - click quote box

Testing. And this is the result. On a sidenote, there is another forum that have this new layout and the same problems occurred.

The problem isn't with the forum. The Quote button isn't supposed paste text into the text box. It is supposed to place Quote tags around the highlighted text.

The problem isn't with the forum. The Quote button isn't supposed paste text into the text box. It is supposed to place Quote tags around the highlighted text.

Indeed, but it does not. rolleyes.gif

I am lost, I have no idea why you can't select the text inside the reply box and then put quotes around it with the quote button.

Perhaps I am not making myself clear. You need to paste the text INTO the reply box, do not click quote box until text is already pasted.

and then select that text and click the quote box.

What happens if you type the tags around the text you want to quote instead.

no spaces

[ quote ] text [ / quote ]

Indeed, but it does not. rolleyes.gif

So, after you have pasted the text into the box, highlighted the text, and pressed the quote button, what happens to the highlighted text?

it has the tags around it as explained above

What happens if you type the tags around the text you want to quote instead.

no spaces

This happens. So what I can understand, the quote button is a "hot key" for the HTML tag. But it does not seem to work. I mean I've made hundreds of quotes before the change to the new layout, and never had a problem.

Edited by Semper

but you quoted in a previous post without the tags. what did you do differently?

I clicked the "quote button" and the tags did not appear. Ok, no big problem, I just have to figure out how to make my own "hot keys" for the quote tags. smile.png

snapback.pnginsertmembernamehere, on Yesterday, 08:30 , said:

In a forum board format, a "return to top of page" would be golden.

It's hiding right at the bottom of the page in the middle, just to the right of 'All rights reserved.

Yes, but I meant a button visible at all times so that you can go to the top at any point in the thread.

snapback.pnginsertmembernamehere, on Yesterday, 08:30 , said:

In a forum board format, a "return to top of page" would be golden.

It's hiding right at the bottom of the page in the middle, just to the right of 'All rights reserved.

Yes, but I meant a button visible at all times so that you can go to the top at any point in the thread.

Just press the Home button on your keyboard.

Come again: A post being 2 or 3 pages long? I haven't that on this forum yet. But then, I haven't been around very long.

Iam am seeing this problem with some buttons.

TV_Borked_01.jpg

Still have the same issue, except now the "button" is a solid colour.

TV_02.jpg

Am using Firefox.

A confirmed layout bug, webmaster will fix asap.

Cheers!

I imagine webmaster sleeps and likes to enjoy Christmas day too. Some patience, thanks.

I cannot confirm this (but I am too stupid to post a screenshot supporting that it displays well over here).

Firefox 8.0.1.

On a side note, why are the quotes limited to 4 levels? Seems too few to me.