Bbc Worldwide To Launch Channels In Thailand

Wedemeyer

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On my gold subscription I get 'service scrambled' on BBCE and Cbeebies, BBCKnowledge is working with Malay subtitles.

Same here ,but hbo has stopped working ,anyone know why?

Same with me on the bbc channels,i think they have put HBO up to Platinum or a la carrot.

Im on Gold (basic no extras) BBCE, Cbeebies, Lifestyle scrambled . Knowledge available.

HBO ch43 IS available for me.

Just noticed that ch 107 TSE1 is showing Setanta channel Rugby. Maybe its been on ages but only just noticed.

I assume you're talking about:

BBC Worldwide will launch BBC Knowledge, BBC Entertainment, BBC Lifestyle and CBeebies in Thailand in January 2012.

I never got the magazine even when I was a True subscriber... Can you tell what True programming package or packages those channels are being assigned to?

BBC Knowledge - Platinum & Gold

BBC Lifestyle - Platinum & Silver

BBC CBeebies - A la carte

BBC Entertainment - A la carte

It would seem as though Brewster's version of channel availability listed above, based on seeing/reading the BBC info in True's monthly magazine, is correct.... and the OP's different version was incorrect.

True seems to have updated their pricing data with the new year, including info on the BBC ala carte option.... 100 baht extra per month for Platinum package members, or 170 baht per month extra for Gold Package members... to add BBC Entertainment and BBC CBeebies.

See the pricing info in the image below.... second line from the bottom.

post-58284-0-15344700-1325470052_thumb.j

http://www.truevisio...nner_0112en.jpg

The same link above is showing BBC Lifestyle as Channel 58, and BBC Entertainment as Channel 149.

BBC Knowledge as Channel 22. BBC World News on Channel 93.

And BBC CBeebies on Channel 150.

BTW, regular HBO is listed on Channel 43, and HBO HD on Channel 112.

You may have to re-auto program your TV's tuner in order to pick up and show the updated channel alignment.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

On my gold subscription I get 'service scrambled' on BBCE and Cbeebies, BBCKnowledge is working with Malay subtitles.

Same here ,but hbo has stopped working ,anyone know why?

Same with me on the bbc channels,i think they have put HBO up to Platinum or a la carrot.

just found that i can get onto HBO channel 43 but only if i click on channel44 first then go to 43 ,only in Thailand and with true visionswacko.png

just found that i can get onto HBO channel 43 but only if i click on channel44 first then go to 43 ,only in Thailand and with true visionswacko.png

Your TV probably was previously programmed to skip channel 43.... So in order to access it directly, you need to go into your TV settings menu and find something like "channel auto program" or "channel setup", and have the TV auto scan the entire band of available channels for anything broadcasting... Then you can go back in and skip or delete any channels you don't want to be bothered with.

Every time TrueVisions shuffles around their channel assignments and goes from having dead channels to real channels on those same channel numbers, such auto re-programming becomes necessary on cable TV systems.

I happened to runa cross the BBC Lifestyle and Entertainment channels last night and watched both of them. MasterChef Australia was one of them, but the first season. So yes, the shows are older. But as I had never seen any of the cooking shows before (never heard of a few of them), they were new to me.

I will have to try for the other channels mentioned here when I get home tonight.

Now that i have to fix my channel preferences, does anyone know the code to unlock that ability? I tried various combinations of 2, 3, and 4, but I couldn't remember the exact code.

Your TV probably was previously programmed to skip channel 43.... So in order to access it directly, you need to go into your TV settings menu and find something like "channel auto program" or "channel setup", and have the TV auto scan the entire band of available channels for anything broadcasting... Then you can go back in and skip or delete any channels you don't want to be bothered with.

Every time TrueVisions shuffles around their channel assignments and goes from having dead channels to real channels on those same channel numbers, such auto re-programming becomes necessary on cable TV systems.

thanks that worked.

BBC A la carte (BBCE & CBBC) from Feb 1st @ 170 month.

Those able to watch them at present will get them free for one month if they are already subscribed to an a la carte menu such as the HBO movies.

Question for you guys, with the new HD boxes, how do you skip or delete the channels you don't like?

BBC A la carte (BBCE & CBBC) from Feb 1st @ 170 month.

Those able to watch them at present will get them free for one month if they are already subscribed to an a la carte menu such as the HBO movies.

In post #35 above, I posted TrueVisions latest price list, which shows one price for Platinum package folks, and a higher price for Gold package folks, for the BBC Ala Carte package.

True seems to have updated their pricing data with the new year, including info on the BBC ala carte option.... 100 baht extra per month for Platinum package members, or 170 baht per month extra for Gold Package members... to add BBC Entertainment and BBC CBeebies.

Well, I tried to get BBC Entertainment back. Both BBCE and the cartoon thingy, CBBies are shown in this months programme guiide as being A La Carte. One's a steak and the other's lobster. Been told by TrueVisions that they come as a package for 100B (not too bad) so I have to have the lobster as well as the steak. A La Carte?

Haven't managed to get a programme guide for BBCE yet. Seen one report that the programmes are very old, so why bother but I wasn't able to find these on the internet.

Edited by chiangmaibaker

Considering that I have not watched any British television in the past thirty years, probably all the programs broadcast will be new to me so perhaps worthwhile for me. One of the few things I miss is British comedy series.

• Like 1

BBC knowledge is not bad i must admit ,i see that bbce is free for a month ,looked in, showing my familly ,they were when it went off air ,my wife used to like it in the UK ,we left 6 years ago and i had bought her it on dvd 2 years before that , the other shows that were on i had either downloaded years ago or bought on dvd at tuk com a long time ago.

Well, I tried to get BBC Entertainment back. Both BBCE and the cartoon thingy, CBBies are shown in this months programme guiide as being A La Carte. One's a steak and the other's lobster. Been told by TrueVisions that they come as a package for 100B (not too bad) so I have to have the lobster as well as the steak. A La Carte?

Haven't managed to get a programme guide for BBCE yet. Seen one report that the programmes are very old, so why bother but I wasn't able to find these on the internet.

BBCE is free until 5th Feb on Plat, Gold and Silver

totster :D

Last night I had all four new BBC programs and was like a kid with a new toy.

I was so mad ever since TV dropped BBCE and totally bored with TV.

I'm not a cook but I like food and the Lifestyle channel is fantastic.

BBCE was also good but sore eyes this morning.

I've been out of the UK for over 35 yerars so haven't seen anything.

My Thai wife got excited this morning and switched off Thai Channel 3 to watch The Weakest Link.....

My wife talked to TrueVision and came to the conclusion that Platimum was the best deal if you wanted the A La Carte. Thinkn it's about 300 B more expensive than Gold but the A La Carter costs only 100 B instead of 170 B with Gold. TV also said they would be new programs appearing on Platinum but right now I'm over joyed with the 3 new programs BBCE, Knowledge and Lifestyle. Makes such a change from repeated American movies.

Of course, I'm English so I like quiet plays, documentaries without constant interuptions (upto 30% of viewing time with History Channel) and British comedy. Must be difficult for non-Brits to get used to no advertisements.

Last night I had all four new BBC programs and was like a kid with a new toy.

I was so mad ever since TV dropped BBCE and totally bored with TV.

I'm not a cook but I like food and the Lifestyle channel is fantastic.

BBCE was also good but sore eyes this morning.

I've been out of the UK for over 35 yerars so haven't seen anything.

My Thai wife got excited this morning and switched off Thai Channel 3 to watch The Weakest Link.....

My wife talked to TrueVision and came to the conclusion that Platimum was the best deal if you wanted the A La Carte. Thinkn it's about 300 B more expensive than Gold but the A La Carter costs only 100 B instead of 170 B with Gold. TV also said they would be new programs appearing on Platinum but right now I'm over joyed with the 3 new programs BBCE, Knowledge and Lifestyle. Makes such a change from repeated American movies.

Of course, I'm English so I like quiet plays, documentaries without constant interuptions (upto 30% of viewing time with History Channel) and British comedy. Must be difficult for non-Brits to get used to no advertisements.

Why dont you just download them from somewhere like pirate bay ,transfer to a hard drive and plug into your tv ,all the latest bbc progs even the 5 year old stuff on entertainment.?

For those who using Dreambox or Openbox. The transponder is as below:

BBC Knowledge -10930 H 30000

BBC Lifestyle - 10972 H 30000

BBC CBeebies - 10847 H 30000

BBC Entertainment - 10847 H 30000

Got the above when I blindscan with Openbox.

Not on Truevisions, as they use 12ghz to 12.7ghz not 10&11ghz. Using a multiswitch by any chance, as if you are this would explain your set top boxes confusion. Use what is called an accurate scan, if you have an original box (not a clone) and you will see the proper transponder frequencies.

Why dont you just download them from somewhere like pirate bay ,transfer to a hard drive and plug into your tv ,all the latest bbc progs even the 5 year old stuff on entertainment.?

I tried Pirtate Bay and got loads of virus warning.

I tried BBC iPlayer and everything I tried is only available in the UK (silly really because back in the UK, you can watch everthinbg on the TV)

I tried BBC iPlayer and everything I tried is only available in the UK (silly really because back in the UK, you can watch everthinbg on the TV)

Use a private site like thebox.bz or tvchaosuk.com - be sure to follow the rules

totster :D

BBC iplayer is easy to watch in Thailand using a proxy. It's even better than live TV as you can choose from any programme over the past week or more.

BBC iplayer is easy to watch in Thailand using a proxy. It's even better than live TV as you can choose from any programme over the past week or more.

try uknova lots of programms from last night on brit tv ,also i have only ever got 2 virus warnings from pirate bay, but my anti virus stops all that.

Great news this! I was gutted when they took off BBC ent before and I too downgraded to Gold because of it.

I will be paying the 170 baht per month for sure, they may be 5 year old repeats (which is an exaggeration anyway) but it is still 10x than anything else on UBC.