Two Filipinos Arrested For Robbing Foreign Tourists

george

Two Filipinos arrested for robbing foreign tourists

BANGKOK: -- Two Filipinos were arrested for allegedly drugging several tourists to steal their valuables at Bangkok attractions, while a Cambodian man and a Vietnamese man were arrested for pick-pocketing, Tourist Police Division Commander Pol Maj Gen Adis Ngamjitsuksri told a press conference Saturday.

Following complaints filed by Japanese tourists that they were drugged and robbed by some Filipinos in Chatuchak Market, Carren Dizon Dolorito, 29, and Bernabe Mark Jerald Carreon, 22, were identified in photos by victims and were arrested at Fashion Island Mall on Friday along with 10 tablets of Alprazolam.

The search at their home in Beuang Kum area also yielded some stolen valuables. They reportedly confessed to police and said they targeted Japanese women.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-12-24

Drugging and robbing tourists is a local business specialty. I suspect they will not like foreign competition. To send a message that outsiders are not welcome, I am pretty sure that the police will throw the book at these idiots. Targeting Japanese women?? Pretty sad. If they had any balls they would come to Pattaya and try that scam on some of the Russian tourists.....

I wonder how the scam worked.

I expect their opening pitch was ' I'm Thai but can speak good English' plain sailing all the way from thengiggle.gif .

Not so far from the truth, they used to frequent the Panthip Plaza years ago, as well as Suk Rd.

The accent gives them away every time, always confirmed when you start talking in Thai to them.