Iphone 3G Options In Chiang Mai

LivinLOS

Sorry if this can be answered by digging but am trying to answer it fast with only a mobile connection..

I use ais 3G on an android.. Works ok..

Gf just arrived with an iPhone 4 and needs a new number.. While I don't know she needs 3G today best she gets a sim that can support it without changing numbers later..

I was under the impression that the iPhone won't work on ais 3G band at 900.. Is that still correct.

If so then true the only game in town for iPhone 3G locally ??

Lastly any good promotion or package for monthly use on true ?? Light data use but always on for email, whatsapp etc..

I believe all models of iPhone, from the original right up to iPhone4S are quad-band: 850 900 1800 1900 MHz. The only thing that might be "crippled" is 3G+ (HSPA?) in that the hardware on iPhones (except 4S) are limited to 7.2Mbps.

I believe all models of iPhone, from the original right up to iPhone4S are quad-band: 850 900 1800 1900 MHz. The only thing that might be "crippled" is 3G+ (HSPA?) in that the hardware on iPhones (except 4S) are limited to 7.2Mbps.

iPhone 4 has the following 3G bands: 850, 900, 1900, 2100

And is fully compatible with present and future Thai providers. As within most of Asia.

The iPhone is one of the rare devices which support modern 3G connectivity. When you buy a phone, always make sure it supports quad-band or penta-band 3G.

True-H from True. Seems like True is expanding this service quickly, as it's now working in Pai and Mae Hong Son as well (plus the usual suspects like downtown BKK, etc).

AIS works pretty well inside Chiang Mai, but don't expect it to work anywhere else.

DTAC doesn't have 3G in CM.

Edited by nikster

True-H from True. Seems like True is expanding this service quickly, as it's now working in Pai and Mae Hong Son as well (plus the usual suspects like downtown BKK, etc).

AIS works pretty well inside Chiang Mai, but don't expect it to work anywhere else.

DTAC does have 3G in CM. But coverage is only in City Center and not all city center is covered.

I pay particular attention to this because my wife on DTAC Iphone4S plan. While I was on True Iphone plan. Alway tease her that she only got E on her Iphone

DTAC does have 3G in CM. But coverage is only in City Center and not all city center is covered.

I pay particular attention to this because my wife on DTAC Iphone4S plan. While I was on True Iphone plan. Alway tease her that she only got E on her Iphone

Really? I wasn't aware of that... my wife used to have DTAC and I never saw a 3G symbol on her iPhone 4. We tried to talk to them about a plan where unlimited internet - even if only Edge- would *not* cost close to 1,000 / month. But DTAC only offered their iPhone plans to people who bought the iPhone at DTAC. They could not help us so we cancelled and got another True plan.