Yingluck To Face Impeachment Concerning The Reissue Of Thaksin's Passport

webfact

Yingluck to Face Impeachment Concerning the Reissue of Thaksin's Passport

The Democrat Party is threatening to impeach the Prime Minister given that the government insisted on returning the ex-premiere's Thai passport.

Songkhla Democrat MP Chaiwut Pongpaew, along with the party's legal team, has forwarded a letter to Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra, urging her to exercise her authority in revoking the Thai passport belonging to her older brother Thaksin Shinawatra which was reissued by Foreign Minster Surapong Towijakchaikul.

Chaiwut claimed that the Foreign Minister and involved civil servants have abused their power by reissuing a passport to the ex-Prime Minister, who remains a fugitive and has not served time for his corruption case conviction.

Consequently, Thaksin should not be eligible for a new passport.

Chaiwut requested that Premiere handle the matter legally otherwise the Democrats will launch impeachment proceedings against her.

In response, the Prime Minister said she is not concerned about the impeachment against her, saying that she is not involved in the reissuing of of her sibling's passport.

She added that it is under the authority of the Foreign Minister.

However, she has instructed Surapong to carry out the issue in keeping with the law.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2011-12-30

footer_n.gif

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Typical Yingluck responses...

I didn't know,

I was not involved,

and my favorite

It's not responsibility

Thai politicians should at least put some effort into their lies and dismissals.

I wonder who is going to judge the impeachment proceedings? Parliament? The Corruption commission guys?

I didn't know,

I was not involved,

and my favorite

It's not responsibility

Thai politicians should at least put some effort into their lies and dismissals.

I wonder who is going to judge the impeachment proceedings? Parliament? The Corruption commission guys?

That doesn't matter as all can be bribed

I didn't know,

I was not involved,

and my favorite

It's not responsibility

You forgot "na ka" at the end of every possible sentence.. it drives me absolutely insane to listen to her speak. Yes, I can understand her clearly.. but the way she talks is so plastic and artificial.

interesting how people look at the charge of embezzlement, yet fail to remember he did more for the lower class people of thailand than anyone in recent history. the real criminals are the people who took part in and initiated the coup.

I don't agree with your impression that "Thaksin did more for the lower class people ..." (and I am assuming that you mean that Thaksin did more GOOD for the lower class people), but even if you are right about that, it still would not eliminate his other crimes. Does a murderer stand up in court and say "Judge, you can't put me in jail. I gave a million baht to the Red Cross"? Any reasonable person knows that there is no one that is completely bad or completely good. Surely Thaksin has some good points and probably he has done some good deeds, but that would still not give him license to commit the many crimes that he has committed.

As to your statement about the "real criminals," well, All I can guess is that you are trying to say that some other people's crimes are worse than Thaksin's, but even if true I somehow I fail to see the relevance. A guy that murders say, 2,000 people under the guise of cleaning up the streets is certainly less of a criminal than say Hitler, who murdered millions, but I wouldn't think that excuses the first guy for his crimes. That's too bad in a way, because if that were true then I'd pretty much have license to do whatever I wanted regardless of the laws, for surely my crimes would be small compared to Stalin.

This woman may be smart in business but in politics she is dumber than dogshit! It doesn't matter if she knew about it or not <wink>...as PM she is ultimately responsible for her actions and those of her party in the parliament. Or as Harry Truman said, "The Buck stops here!" Oh...my bad! I forgot this is Thailand where no one is responsible for their actions.

i would like some proof that she is a good businesswoman. I think the posision was created by her brother.

I bet she is good at one thing though, shopping in the Metropols around the world.

I didn't know,

I was not involved,

and my favorite

It's not responsibility

Sounds just like Barack Obama. Just add, "It's George Bush's fault".

interesting how people look at the charge of embezzlement, yet fail to remember he did more for the lower class people of thailand than anyone in recent history. the real criminals are the people who took part in and initiated the coup.

He did more for the lower class people? How? By putting them in debt. Criminals you say, I would say that they thwarted a power monger who was dismantling all checks and balances to sustain his power. By the way Thaskin was an acting prime minister when he was ousted because he failed to dissolve parliament and have a new election. Funny how people buy into the propaganda

I look at the conviction for abuse of power as well as the many other charges, including terrorism for sponsoring the red menace insurgency in BKK.

But we must take into a/c his many beneficial actions such as paying off Thailand's debt (oh, sorry, that's still there), setting up the B30 medical scheme (without funding), etc etc. Umm, Why don't you tell us exactly what he did do besides lie, cheat, steal and kill?

He did more for the lower class people? How? By putting them in debt. Criminals you say, I would say that they thwarted a power monger who was dismantling all checks and balances to sustain his power. By the way Thaskin was an acting prime minister when he was ousted because he failed to dissolve parliament and have a new election. Funny how people buy into the propaganda

He wasen´t even a legal Caretaker Premier.

Edited by soundman
Fixed quote tags.

Can you please tell and explain what Khun T did for the lower class people... that was all mirrors and mist...... What Khun T did for the poor people was to make them even poorer... everything up until today has been the chain reaction from all of his actions.... he was a cheat , a liar, a thief, and a megalomaniac... He , in his own warped mind, wanted to be the Altruist King of Thailand, but found it too easy to stuff his own pockets full of cash.... other peoples cash.. Reap what you sow...!

I look at the conviction for abuse of power as well as the many other charges, including terrorism for sponsoring the red menace insurgency in BKK.

But we must take into a/c his many beneficial actions such as paying off Thailand's debt (oh, sorry, that's still there), setting up the B30 medical scheme (without funding), etc etc. Umm, Why don't you tell us exactly what he did do besides lie, cheat, steal and kill?

Are you talking about Bush and Blair? Lie about WMD's, cheat the taxpayer into funding a phony war and busting their country to help their mates, steal the oil and kill 1.5m Iraqis.

Be nice to see the three of them on the gallows, but then we should have a pack of cards for the rest of them.

Taksin's sister PM, what did they expect? She will go and the red shirts will be out, yellow shirts in, bla de bla de blar. This could go on forever, or another military coup.

Another coup will have very serious consequences for Thailand. Another one is certainly due soon, but not quite just yet. It needs to happen at the right moment for them to ensure they can hang on to power this time. There will be no facade of democracy next time, it will be a straight power grab by the old fascists intent on keeping a dying patriarchal system alive while feathering their own nests. There will be no 'checks and balances' to stop them this time as there was in 1992, or even in 2006.

The previous coup ultimately failed as the government they ousted returned twice through the ballot box and with the red-shirt movement, an ironic response to their own paramilitary and militant supporters, they appear more powerful and ensconced.

Whatever happens further civil conflict is an inevitability until the old guard are either victorious (currently extremely unlikely) or they are neutered once and for all.

The 70+ years of Thailand's existence has seen this conflict in one way or another and it may well perpetually continue or we may be seeing, as I suspect, the end game.

• Like 1

The situation here is total lunacy

Hmmm sounds like it, The right hand says" Its not my problem it is the decision of the brain" The left hand says" Why does no one take action?" The question should be if the whole body is in revolt as to what is right, wrong and where the feet are going.....the question appropriate would be....where is the brain? Perhaps this headless body needs its brain back.

He wasen´t even a legal Caretaker Premier.

Quite so.

He had expired his constitutional ('97) term as Caretaker PM.

He had gone to the palace, as constitutionally mandated,

and essentially it appears he was not renewed as caretaker PM.

There is no rule that says he should have been renewed.

He failed at his primary duty, and his party was believed to be culpable in that failure.

He return to public that evening 'speechless', and resigned the next day.

A week later he UNILATERALLY displaced his former Deputy PM as acting PM,

"Because the country needs me.". Calling himself The Prime Minister.

He never returned to the palace to have his 2nd term caretaker PM status

constitutionally confirmed as required by the '97 constitution.

And then went off to the UN to speak as 'Thailands Prime Minister'.

Besides the corruption in his regime, this abject arrogance, and defiance of constitutional protocols,

likely was the final straw for many observers, also likely noting he would only get worse with time.

As time appears to show for all to see.

Edited by animatic
  • Like 1