Police Checkpoints

phuketsub

I'm glad to see all the ridiculous misleading posts using words such as extortion and gestapo checks have been replied to with factual ones.

Note to newbies or people yet to visit Phuket: If you are perfectly legal you will NOT be asked to pay a fine. If you aren't legal you will be asked to pay a fine for which you will get a reciept.

Extortion, bribes and tea money at road check points in Phuket is something that for reasons only known to them, some members of this forum have dreamed up with their over active imaginations.

This is correct they get the money by black mailing bars and guesthouses.I know ,I use pay to this a-holes

Not if you're doing your things legally.

I'm glad to see all the ridiculous misleading posts using words such as extortion and gestapo checks have been replied to with factual ones.

Note to newbies or people yet to visit Phuket: If you are perfectly legal you will NOT be asked to pay a fine. If you aren't legal you will be asked to pay a fine for which you will get a reciept.

Extortion, bribes and tea money at road check points in Phuket is something that for reasons only known to them, some members of this forum have dreamed up with their over active imaginations.

This is correct they get the money by black mailing bars and guesthouses.I know ,I use pay to this a-holes

Not if you're doing your things legally.

agreed, only illegal bars and guesthouses pay "police". opening hours, lack of Tabien Baan (illegal structures), bar fees, h--kers, lack of lisences, you need "police" friends.