Policeman Nabbed For Shooting And Wounding Motorists In Bangkok

webfact

anyone has information on the Police who killed the couple farangs in Kanchanaburi some time ago? I heard he was acquitted and is in service again waiting for another pair of victims...

Didn't a large sum of money change hands (police and court) ?There have been so many of these killer cop or just "kill farang anyway" type incidents its hard to keep up with them all.Complaints by both the victims families were lodged against the cop up north but i doubt anything came of it.

Edited by jalansanitwong

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somchai Wisetsingh who shot Adam Lloyd and Vanessa Arscott in Kanchanaburi.

"On the same day as my conversation with Drummond, Gary Jones, an imprisoned Brit in Bang Kwang jail (Bangkok Hilton), had written to me about the police officer who horrifically shot a tourist couple dead in Kanchanaburi last year. "Pol. Sgt. Somchai Wisetsingh, murderer of Adam Lloyd and Vanessa Arscott," he wrote, "openly brags to the inmates, 'If I had had any sense, I would have emptied some sugar into the slut's handbag'". Somchai is now doing time in the notorious jail. You might hope this lovely decantation of his only regret the night of the murders does not reflect the police's stringent hiring policy."

http://www.chiangmainews.com/ecmn/viewfa.php?id=1612

Most Thai motorists need shooting anyway. Perhaps he was trying to enforce traffic regulations and instil better driving. Overtaking or undertaking in a obviously dangerous situation! Bang! Motorbikes pulling in front causing one to brake sharply! Bang! Are there enough bullets to create good driving here. My Thai wife passed her driving test here in Thailand and when we moved to the UK she had to have 112 lessons before she was ready to take the UK test and then passed first time. One instructor gave up after 40 lessons. Letting her to learn to drive in Thailand was a big mistake, she had to be de-trained before she could start to learn to drive correctly. Just look at the carnage on the roads over New Year. Yes, a lot of alcohol involved but the standard of driving is atrocious. Police do not set a good example either so where to start. Bang!

My Thai wife passed her driving test here in Thailand and when we moved to the UK she had to have 112 lessons before she was ready to take the UK test and then passed first time. One instructor gave up after 40 lessons. Letting her to learn to drive in Thailand was a big mistake, she had to be de-trained before she could start to learn to drive correctly.

biggrin.png

Does anyone know the amount they have to pay? Just curious.

30,000 if you can't pass the exams was the quote my Thai brother-in-law was given.

My female Thai neighbour paid 50K to join BKK's BIB. Now she wants a transfer to Pattaya - she wonders how much the transfer will cost.

"Records show that Thirayu was prosecuted for attempted murder and drug abuse in 2008. He has been suspended and faces termination."

What does it take to get fired? huh.png

"Also, they said that once the dead man had been identified it might be easier to name the other man". BRILLIANT thumbsup.gif

Completely agree! With only the cops and crooks having guns you need a program to tell who's who.

Ahhh, come on now, give the man a break.

OK, you decide to kill your friend and he runs away and then you have a pop at complete strangers instead. So what`s wrong in that?

What`s happening with the Thai police lately? Recently a cop gunned down and killed six of his colleges and now this.

Have they all gone stark raving mad? Luckily he didn`t kill any farangs, otherwise it woud have been another 14 suicides to add to the police files.

Wnat to make Thailand safer? Get rid of the police (and remember to take their guns).

Ridiculous as it sounds: it's actually pretty close to the truth !

Whenever there's a traffic-jam in an a normally 'not-prone-to-jam' intersection; my wife and I look at each other and without any doubts, we know that a cop is "handling" the traffic, because the lights had gone out.

The friend was lucky he managed to get out of sight soon enuf.

Yes "friend" he was going to shoot......... Have had disagreements with many "friends" and even mere acquaintances and never considered shooting them over it, let alone complete strangers on the street, this guys got more problems that need to be addressed..

What does it take to get fired? huh.png

The cop up here in Pai who shot down 2 tourists had to kill his wife.

Yes another mad man in uniform, I think he got 5 years for clubbing his wife to death because he admitted the crime, but the 2 tourists?? Did he get any extra time for that? Life without parole sounds about right to me.

The OP ex police man seems to be same type, soooo angry at everything, a walking time bomb but I think he is done for, so bye bye to him and enjoy the prison.

Dont count on that. The killing of two tourists may no have been taken into considering for his punishment. Reason? They were foreigners He was drunk and he is a policeman.

Ahhh, come on now, give the man a break.

OK, you decide to kill your friend and he runs away and then you have a pop at complete strangers instead. So what`s wrong in that?

What`s happening with the Thai police lately? Recently a cop gunned down and killed six of his colleges and now this.

Have they all gone stark raving mad? Luckily he didn`t kill any farangs, otherwise it woud have been another 14 suicides to add to the police files.

Wnat to make Thailand safer? Get rid of the police (and remember to take their guns).

Ridiculous as it sounds: it's actually pretty close to the truth !

Whenever there's a traffic-jam in an a normally 'not-prone-to-jam' intersection; my wife and I look at each other and without any doubts, we know that a cop is "handling" the traffic, because the lights had gone out.

dam_n! That is soooooooooooo true!!!!!!! The roads are crap engineered anyways but just let a cop re-egineer them and they are even worse at the worst time of the day..

Does anyone know the amount they have to pay? Just curious.

30,000 if you can't pass the exams was the quote my Thai brother-in-law was given.

My female Thai neighbour paid 50K to join BKK's BIB. Now she wants a transfer to Pattaya - she wonders how much the transfer will cost.

Why Pattaya? Does she have an offer as a gogo dancer there on her nights off?

I notice that Thai Visa has dropped the co-branding of this forum with The Nation - see the logo at the top of the page. I wonder if that leaves them freer to use other sources of news and us to quote them?

There was nothing stopping you from using other sources, except the Bangkok Post (and another one that I can't remember) do not allow quoting or links. TV often uses other Thai (English language) sources, AFP, and often links to other international news sources.

I notice that Thai Visa has dropped the co-branding of this forum with The Nation - see the logo at the top of the page. I wonder if that leaves them freer to use other sources of news and us to quote them?

They repeatedly quote other sources - if they are allowed to by the sources.

i doubt it. freedom of speech and freedom of expression apparently is not in the self interest

There was nothing stopping you from using other sources, except the Bangkok Post (and another one that I can't remember) do not allow quoting or links. TV often uses other Thai (English language) sources, AFP, and often links to other international news sources.

can you please tell me why the BKK Post and 'the other one' can not be used as a source

And the news here is? This is just one of those millions horror stories about Thai cops what they have done - and more on the way - you will see if you don´t believe in me. The funny thing is that when you are in an emergency and you would need a police, then do you really dare to call a Thai cop´s help? I don´t - I´m frankly not that brave....Poor countries´s problem are low paid officials - they have guns and the power in their angry bodies and they do what they want - very sad and DANGEROUS....Better stay at home.

can you please tell me why the BKK Post and 'the other one' can not be used as a source

I don't know why the Bangkok Post (and the other one) don't allow members to quote or link to them. Maybe you can go and ask them and find out.

Records show that Thirayu was prosecuted for attempted murder and drug abuse in 2008. He has been suspended and faces termination.

Humm, acquitted? Guilty, but out on bail pending appeal? Typical half assed Thai reporting that doesn't bother to "fill in the blanks". Can't speak for other countries, but in the U.S. if you're a cop and placed on suspension, you turn in your badge and gun. Granted, that's usually a department issued gun, and doesn't count your personal one(s) you may have at home. In LOS, the cops all have to buy their own, so I guess that means if they're suspended, they get to keep it because it's "personal property".

The so-called justice system here is such a joke. A cop kills two tourists and nothing happens. He beats his wife to death, and because he admitted doing it, only got 5 years. A 17 year old, unlicensed girl kills 9, injuring others when she rams into a van. She'll probably never see a prison cell. An angry young man deliberately rams his Mercedes into a crowded bus stop, killing 3, injuring others. Was sentenced to 10 years, but released on bond pending appeal. A few days later, he runs his car into the side of a bus that was in his way. Nothing happened with that. A Politician is arrested for murder, with tons of evidence against him, but is out walking around. Meanwhile, the police announce to the press they are trying to get a search warrant for his house, thereby giving the man plenty of time and opportunity to dispose of anything incriminating. A government official has his house robbed. First he claims it was 1 million, then 5 million, while the police have already recovered 19 million. Does anyone actually believe that anything will actually happen to him in the court systems? The list of absurdities goes on and on and on, Meanwhile a 62 yr old man gets slammed by the courts for 20 years for sending some text messages, for which there was no real proof he even sent them.

"Justice in Thailand" I'm sorry, but that's a total oxymoron.

The dangerous thing is that this nut is not unusual within the wonderful, professional, clean living, Royal Thai police force.

*Royal remark edited out*

In tourist areas in particular they are totally a law unto themselves and out of control with corruption, graft and lawlessness- Phuket immediately springs to mind.

Edited by Scott
Royal remark edited out