Major Issues Searching Within A Forum

brobro2424

I often go to the Chiang Mai forum and do a search from the box in the top right corner.

If the results are not specific enough, I then want to fine tune my search keywords. But they have now disappeared from the search box. At this point since I cannot edit my original keywords, I want to enter some new search terms but for some unknown reason the search parameter has changed from "This forum" to "Forums". And in fact there is no way to change the parameter back to "This forum".

Highly counter-intuitive and easy to miss that you are now searching not just Chiang Mai forum but ALL forums. So most newbies probably don't notice the change in parameter and just think the search function is terrible when they see results from non-Chiang Mai forums.

This has been the case for years as I remember. Isn't it time it was improved?

We have got a new search module for the forum, which will be installed in January.

It's a complete overhaul to make search experience very similar to Google search, with same syntax and similar operators as Google.

I have seen it on a test installation and it's a real improvement! Watch this space shortly.

Cheers