Best Bangkok Thai Language School For Long-Term Study - Ed Visa

lazar

Just want to get an opinion on your thoughts about the best Thai language school located in Bangkok.

I am a 40 year old American, just landed and moved to Ekamai.

I would like to study for 1-3 years and receive appropriate Ed Visa.

I am looking for legitimate school (good reputation and history) with a 1 or 2 day per week schedule, that also has the option of making up a class here and there, as I travel out of the country sometimes.

As I am not working currently, I would like to find the best value also.

All information much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

I studied at the Bang Na branch of UTL - they have one in Asoke. You can study four hours every weekday morning and each of the six modules last a month. I'm working so I had to study in the evening: only a little less money for half the time, plus I was too tired so that sucked. The course is well-planned, it's much more expensive that other places, but the quality of the teaching is high; the teachers have experience of teaching foreigners. I learnt a lot but evening study wasn't working well for me; if I wasn't working I'd jump at the chance to do the morning sessions.

• 4 weeks later...

I think the best school (that I have found) is Pro Language. I have been studying with them for over 2 years now and my Thai speaking, reading and writing has really improved a lot thanks to them.

I had tried another 2 schools before Pro Language (won't mention any names here). They were awful for many reasons. One school had really bad teachers that did not know what they were doing. The school did not care and just wanted students money! The other school was bit better, but the teaching method was confusing and lots of people dropped out.

Pro Language has been great for me. I study in a small group. But they also do private if you like that. They are reasonable in their prices - very competitive, and somewhat flexible. Because they are a well established school there is no problem with visa applications and they are well thought of.

Give them a go - they do free trial lessons. Good luck, hope I helped a bit.drunk.gif

One of my colleagues studied at Language Express near Chit Lom and he said you can take all the 4 (4 x 1 hour) classes in one go or spread them over the week, going when you want which is good if your schedule changes from week to week.

It depend more on the teacher than the school, if they are capable and willing to explain.

To a lesser degree it also depend on the school, i know of a couple of schools where the teacher is discouraged from explaining & giving homework by the school owner, turning the school into primarily a ED visa producing biz