Best deal for ba london-bkk flights

simon43

I fly out to BKK from London every fortnight, leaving London on Thursday night and flying back from BKK late on Sunday night (or very early Monday monring).

I usually book via Expedia or Ebookers and a typical return fare is 559 GBP.

Any suggestions as to how I can reduce this price?  I want to fly non-stop and my stays are usually only a couple of days.

Anyone ever worked as an air-courier to get reduced-price tickets? If so, any links to this sort of work??

Cheers

Simon

this may help flew eva air direct in january around 480 pounds

booked with globe travel 02920453344/ 453333 , deal with the guy there , not the dame, if poss. he ,s well up on prices etc.  the only courier flights i found to bkk. were from the u.s.

p.s.  if you need me to carry your luggage i,m available.

but no dvt please .

This is one I put in a couple of dates to...Thai International..

Total Round-Trip (including taxes, subject to availability and routing) :  GBP 408.40  

Sun, 04 May

12:30 Depart - London Heathrow, UK (LHR) Thai Int'l 911  

06:05 Arrive - Bangkok, Thailand (BKK) Nonstop

Total travel time: 11 hrs 35 min - Next day arrival  

Sun, 18 May

01:10 Depart - Bangkok, Thailand (BKK)  Thai Int'l 910  

07:15 Arrive - London Heathrow, UK (LHR) Nonstop

Total travel time: 12 hrs 5 min    

BA and Quantas are I agree A "Rip Off"

EVA good but u goto surf...

http://www.travelocity.co.uk/?Service=AOLUKMEDIA

???

Under £400...

Destination Airline Dates Price  

Bangkok TG, THAI AIRWAYS Jan 01,03 -Jun 30,03 £395.00    

Reference: SPECIAL OFFER

Notes: (OFFER VALID FROM 22APR -30 JUN ONLY) SPECIAL OFFER EXTENDED TO PHUKET,CHIANG MAI,KRABI AND OTHER THAI CITIES- CONTACT US NOW  

http://www.paylesstravel.co.uk/flights_results.cfm?id=5

tel: 0870 747 9012

fax: 0870 747 9013:

email:   0870 747 9012

0870 747 9013

[email protected]

:cool:

Thanks for the info re cheap flights.  I have actually managed to secure a great deal on BA/Qantas!  My flight usually costs £559 but I just registered as an air courier and I can get the same flight for £350!!  (I'll try out this from mid-May and let you know if it really works at this price

Simon

I used to do do the courier flights with BA (speedbird 1) up until about 10 years ago when they decided to use their in house staff and give them the opportunity of cheap deals.The Co.then that organised it was an outfit called "World Bridges" based at Heathrow.I didnt mention them before because quite honestly I thought they had stopped doing the deals,so well done...

I knew a guy who got a call to go to Singapore urgently(Sing.Air) with 3-4 days notice and got the ticket for £50.

I have also heard of very urgent flights offering freebees. :o

again -chok dee naa krup.

The BA Courier flights from Heathrow to BKK and return run every day of the week, and apparently the main requirement is only to carry documents from BKK to London (You still get the outward flight at a cheap price).  I asked them to check for my next trip out to BKK that I have not booked (end of April) and this was available at £350-00.  But I'll try this out and let you all know what happens.

• 4 weeks later...

Although I'm a member of the IAATC (Air Courier organisation), this actually is not necessary at all!  To operate as an air courier - at least on the BA routes, all you need to do is to call their travel centre and ask if they have any air courier tickets for your desired dates of travel.  As mentioned, they actually only want you to carry documents from BKK to London, and not on the outbound flight.

Simon

Just got here 375 plus tax on Thai.The plane was half empty so service good.Airport no problem and we wos picked up by wifes mate in new BMW ...where do they get the dosh?TIT.

Done a quick beer run ...well only 1st day and pkd/up a Black beer,Thai Beer and a Klassic Beer...will try tonight.Made mistake with email price cos here in The-parak its 10 Bt for 20 minutes.Any one for a beer over the next month.

Regards Rinrada  :o

I'm back in the UK right now but flying out to BKK again on 9th May.  Just bought a return flight on BA for 350 GBP, inc all taxes and insurance (ex the 500 baht BKK airport tax).

Usual price for this flight is about 550 GBP, so a good saving by doing the air courier route.

courier package , when asked at check in, if you have

done your packing,contents etc, do you inform check in you are carrying a courier pack age /document etc.  and  thai goods inward at don,s airport , what,s the worst case senarrio there .   :blues:

It's all above board! Your courier package is identified as such, and you are not responsible for the contents.  They only use companies like DHL etc, and it is to carry documents, not 'items'.  You actually only have to carry these documents from BKK to London, so you collect them at check-in and drop them off at a desk in Heathrow Terminal 4.

So all very safe.....(but if you don't hear from me again then please visit me in the BK hellhole jail...)

• 1 month later...

I used to do do the courier flights with BA (speedbird 1) up until about 10 years ago when they decided to use their in house staff and give them the opportunity of cheap deals.The Co.then that organised it was an outfit called "World Bridges" based at Heathrow.I didnt mention them before because quite honestly I thought they had stopped doing the deals,so well done...

I knew a guy who got a call to go to Singapore urgently(Sing.Air) with 3-4 days notice and got the ticket for £50.

I have also heard of very urgent flights offering freebees. :o

again -chok dee naa krup.

Actually, the outfit was called Polo Express. Bridges Worldwide offered other flights, possibly China Airlines.

Now both BA & Virgin have courier flights.

The £350 price(BA) is only pertinent for two week trips or less and are subject to availability.

Tip: Simon get yourself annual travel insurance and you can save yourself £15 off the price of each ticket.

Polo Express indeed was the Co.that did the BA flights-Speedbird courier.

On one of my trips a few years ago we had to divert to Stansted Airport at the last minute due to the IRA chucking bombs onto the runway at Heathrow.The problem I had then was that there were no Polo-BA people at Stansted so I phoned up(6-30am) and asked what to do with the 747 manifest (courier)...Take it home and we will get it next week.

Later I had to have a quick looksee inside (Ok-OK I know)and found along with the 2 ton of gold bullion a little bit of cash.bonds about 200 million...at least I got a cheap flight.

As you say they had time restrictions of R/T-14 /21 days strick.

World Bridges (as mentioned) gave me my first flight on China for £249 (courier) and then Lufthansia,Garuda and once on Singapore but they had open tickets valid for 1 year.

J.A.L. also use couriers to Tokyo I but never made it.

:o

This is the sort of deals we need...pity cant go..anyone?

FYI-

Early Bird Special

4 Day sale

ONLY BOOKABLE FROM 09 JUNE - 12 JUNE

to Singapore

FOR ONLY

£170

CONDITIONS Ex London or Manchester

Valid for sale until 12 June 2003

Valid for travel 09 Jun - 31 Aug 2003

Other SE Asia destinations £405 please call

Full payment & ticketing within 10 Days

NO WAITLIST ALLOWED

Taxes to be added as applicable

Not valid SQ322 ex SIN

No child discount.

This offer is only valid for sale as from Monday

Please do not call now to make a booking

CALL on Monday 09th June!

020 7262 2665

Please quote ref: 'Early Bird'

[email protected]

My first forage to SE Asia was a Polo Express BA courier flight to Singapore for £150. 14 night duration.

With another company I flew with China Airlines on an open ticket. Good value.

Those deals have all but disappeared.

In the Polo Express days, I was offered destinations such as Lisbon for £10 all in.

Happy days and usually got upgraded as a courier.One time I missed the connection at Amsterdam (china) Air Traffic control probs.and ended up in the B.Midland lounge at Heathrow for most of the day and had a free night in the Amsterdam whatever Hotel."One night in the dam makes a hard man etc"...Next day easy breakfast limmo to airport and upgraded....Thats the way....

FYI-

I have been given a number that is doing Thai R/T from London for £300 so will check it out tomorrow and will lookup POLO-World Bridges and see what they are up to.....

ALSO-

(singapore)

Another deal from our friends at Emerald travel

SINGAPORE EARLY BIRD (Return fare)

SEAT SALE for 4 Days ONLY - from Mon 9 to Thu 12 June '03

Depart London/Manchester between 09 June - 31 August '03 to SINGAPORE @ £189 inclusive of UK tax only

S.E. ASIA FABULOUS OFFER (Return fare)

SEAT SALE from Mon 9 to Sun 31 August '03

Depart London/Manchester between 09 June - 31 August '03

to SINGAPORE @ £360 inclusive of UK tax only

via Singapore to any one of 28 ASIAN destinations:

KUALA LUMPUR, PENANG, LANGKAWI, BALIKPAPAN, BALI,

BANGKOK, BRUNEI, CEBU, CHIANG MAI, DAVAO, HANOI,

HONG KONG, JAKARTA, KRABI, MACAU, MANADO, MANILA,

MATARAM, MEDAN, PADANG, PALEMBANG, PHNOM PENH,

PHUKET, SAIGON, SIEM REAP, SOLO CITY, SURABAYA, YANGON

@ £434 inclusive of UK tax only (other taxes & charges apply)

SINGAPORE AIRLINES & EMERALD TRAVEL        

an old & preferred partnership

Tel: (020) 7312 1700   Fax: (020) 7312 1711

email: [email protected]

Another one for Singapore...everone is after the TIGER.

(anothert 2 days)

Airline Network is always the best place to find fantastic flight deals, but sometimes we even surprise ourselves, and this is one of those times. We've teamed up with Singapore Airlines to bring you an unbelievable offer of return flights to Singapore for only £229 INC TAX!!

Choose from London or Manchester deps right up to 31 August, but this offer MUST BE BOOKED BY 12 JUNE , so book while you can!

REMEMBER - This fantastic offer is ONLY ON SALE FROM MONDAY 9th JUNE!!  

Other Destinations Price

Bangkok £459

Bali £459

Phuket £459

Kuala Lumpur £469

Langkawi £469

Penang £469

Fares shown include tax but exclude £4 supplement for Airline Failure Insurance. Prices shown for travel 09 Jun to 31 Aug 03 and based on London or Manchester deps.

SINGAPORE 3nts from

£299

3 Miramar Hotel

The price speaks for itself. Incredible value!

More Singapore>  

PHUKET 7 nts from £569

3 Rydges Beach Resort

Crystal clear waters and white powder beaches

More Phuket>  

Quick Link  0870 234 4747

To book any of these flight offers shown simply use the search provided. Alternatively to book by phone call 0870 241 0012. To book any of the Long Haul Holidays featured call 0870 234 4747. All our sales consultants are available 9am to 9pm, seven days a week.

Remember, what you see here is only a small selection of the thousands of flights and holiday offers available at Airline Network, for more offers please click here .

www.airlinenetwork.co.uk

:o

FYI-

This one DIRECT from our friends at SINGAPORE AIRLINES not a Travel Agent.

Go to the website to enrol and find out more!

Book Online

Far East Specials  

'THE FABULOUS OFFER'

Singapore From £350

Bangkok/Bali/Manila/From £420

Kuala Lumpur/Cebu/

Penang/Jakarta/Davao/

Hong Kong/Lombok/Hanoi/

Ho Chi Minh City/Brunei

(Fares advertised above valid for outbound travel

until 31st August 2003.

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa....ss.html

The £170 plus tax fare with Singapore Airlines was also DIRECT from SIA.

I booked a couple at that price direct from the website. £170 plus £42.90 tax totalling £212.90.

Airline Network added £17 to that price, with some travel agents adding even more.

Lees Travel didn't though. They sold at the same price as the SIA website.

Val...great and well done but wot u got was a limited offer.

The last one I posted was from Sing Air direct and available up and to the end of Aug and doing Bangers at £430.

The airlines dont tend to be worth talking to eg.tried Thai for a Friend...£1200 R/t to Bangers (more than the local pub charges for a pint of Stella)but got a deal from West-East at £480 inc.tax.(1 year val.) :cool: