Doesn'T Seem Quite Right...

StreetCowboy

I am always a little bit surprised at the number of people who post details of their intimate personal lives on this forum for our entertainment, or whatever other reason. I do appreciate it, but I always cringe a little to think that one might one day run across these people in real life ... 'Oh - you're the bloke that went out with Golem of the Ring!' or the girl with the steel toe-capped boots or whatever.

Don't people bottle up and repress their emotions and hide their private lives any more? Whatever happened to the stiff upper lip and swallowing the bitter fruits of experience?

SC

Well , because sharing is caring . As for the bitter fruits of experience I would say it is more like rich creamery butter .

Edit ; both would make great band names , The Rich Creamery Butter or The Bitter Fruits of Experience .

Edited by onionluke

I bet half of the stuff never even happened. coffee1.gif

And the rest, only in their imagination... and now, ours.

I was trying to recollect a particularly distressing image that a TV post had conjured into my mind, but luckily the worst I could come up with was OL drinking his whisky through an old sock "...to the applause of my fiff raff friends" [sic]. When I came to consider the practicalities of that, I concluded that the only practical way to do it would be to filter the whisky through the sock into the boot that you had removed to get the sock, and then drink from the boot, and I immediately foresaw all sorts of hazards, not least the challenges of measuring a sensible nip into a size eleven rigger's boot, and I remembered why I don't believe in spirits.

SC

I was trying to recollect a particularly distressing image that a TV post had conjured into my mind, but luckily the worst I could come up with was OL drinking his whisky through an old sock "...to the applause of my fiff raff friends" [sic]. When I came to consider the practicalities of that, I concluded that the only practical way to do it would be to filter the whisky through the sock into the boot that you had removed to get the sock, and then drink from the boot, and I immediately foresaw all sorts of hazards, not least the challenges of measuring a sensible nip into a size eleven rigger's boot, and I remembered why I don't believe in spirits.

SC

Well , because sharing is caring . As for the bitter fruits of experience I would say it is more like rich creamery butter .

Edit ; both would make great band names , The Rich Creamery Butter or The Bitter Fruits of Experience .

Which side does JT play for?

SC

Glam rock ?

SC , your conjuring up has more holes in it than Lisa's bucket and there lies the answer .

Edit ; It was more of a solution than an answer.

Edited by onionluke

Glam rock ?

SC , your conjuring up has more holes in it than Lisa's bucket and there lies the answer .

Does the Glam Rock have a lighthouse on it?

That's what I say to people who resort to the bottle to deal with problems...

I agree with you and OP.

Some of the personal stuff shared here on TV are just too personal to be true.

Either that or the persons sharing this have serious problems seeking attention.

A problem shared, is a problem halfed.

Some people might feel more comfortable sharing things with strangers, than loved ones. Or they could be just venting. Who knows.

If I knew the answers, i would be a Psychologist. biggrin.png

Glam rock ?

Does the Glam Rock have a lighthouse on it?

That's what I say to people who resort to the bottle to deal with problems...

I watched the Fraggles once.....and yes they rock....

Unfortunately we live in the Facebook era. Everyone wants to share their exciting lives with everyone else online. Look, the whole world, I just turned on my hair drier and dried my hair, whoopie!

Apart from TV which is an agony aunt for those burnt with Thai girlfriends, or those with a love/hate relationship with Thailand and feel like winging about it!

I agree with you and OP.

Some of the personal stuff shared here on TV are just too personal to be true.

Either that or the persons sharing this have serious problems seeking attention.

Overt attention seeking is a particular forum affliction. Comes instinctively with the territory.

• 2 weeks later...

I reside in Singapore but met a nice girl studying at CMU in Chiangmai. I agreed to help her out with her student expenses and was wondering if the amounts she indicated are reasonable. At her request, I sent her 9500Thb for school fees last month. Now she says she needs 8000Thb this month. Can anyone tell me if this is reasonable requirement for a university student in Chiangmai?

I reside in Singapore but met a nice girl studying at CMU in Chiangmai. I agreed to help her out with her student expenses and was wondering if the amounts she indicated are reasonable. At her request, I sent her 9500Thb for school fees last month. Now she says she needs 8000Thb this month. Can anyone tell me if this is reasonable requirement for a university student in Chiangmai?

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifwelcomeani.gif

Unfortunately we live in the Facebook era. Everyone wants to share their exciting lives with everyone else online. Look, the whole world.

Contrary to popular perceptions, some circles aren't enthralled and embedded with amongst social networking - because it ain't terribly social. Nothing but a controlled and engineered ruse.

I prefer to be "social" on my own terms. Where face-to-face physical presence is a realistic quantum.

Edited by zzaa09

Unfortunately we live in the Facebook era. Everyone wants to share their exciting lives with everyone else online. Look, the whole world.

Contrary to popular perceptions, some circles aren't enthralled and embedded with amongst social networking - because it ain't terribly social. Nothing but a controlled and engineered ruse.

I prefer to be "social" on my own terms. Where face-to-face physical presence is a realistic quantum.

Thanks Zzaa now I understand why you are so frequently antisocial on here! drunk.gif

• Like 1

Its a bit light to be honest. She must like mama noodles. Lucky you!

• Like 1

But sadly Millions Worldwide have fallen for this Big Brother Garbage,because they can only cope with imaginary friends,just like infants at Nursery school.

It will all end in real tears! when they have to address reality!

But sadly Millions Worldwide have fallen for this Big Brother Garbage,because they can only cope with imaginary friends,just like infants at Nursery school.

It will all end in real tears! when they have to address reality!

Conspiracy theorists convention is it? can anyone join in or is it invite only?? violin.gif

Are you posting from Iran?

It was dark as the devil's oxters here, when you posted that.

I think the OP is unreasonable to require a student from Chiang Mai. I think he is being too specific. No wonder he is getting charged over the odds.

SC

I think the OP is unreasonable to require a student from Chiang Mai. I think he is being too specific. No wonder he is getting charged over the odds.

SC

Shhh SC we need the money for the "struggle".

Conspiracy theorists convention is it? can anyone join in or is it invite only?? violin.gif

Nah, TV is a coincidence theory convention.

The powers that be wouldn't track our online habits and profile us would they? I just don't believe it! No, they have our best intersts at heart.

SC

Shhh SC we need the money for the "struggle".

I find "the struggle" hardest when I have money in my pocket.

I've rarely jumped in a taxi into town at 1 am with an empty wallet.

Coming back is a different story...

SC

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately we live in the Facebook era. Everyone wants to share their exciting lives with everyone else online. Look, the whole world, I just turned on my hair drier and dried my hair, whoopie!

Apart from TV which is an agony aunt for those burnt with Thai girlfriends, or those with a love/hate relationship with Thailand and feel like winging about it!

Now THAT post is spot on! I know friends who every single thing they do is posted on Facebook. And, what endure said is also true. I was conviced by a fellow writer to join Facebook and I'm now not so sure I should have. I keep getting messages saying I am now friends with someone I don't even know.

Don't people bottle up and repress their emotions and hide their private lives any more? Whatever happened to the stiff upper lip and swallowing the bitter fruits of experience?

SC ... with a statement like that, you would have to be a Pom?

I'm wrong ... oh, what the heck.

BUT ... I do agree with the premise of your proposition.

Maybe it's the newer members who are more forthcoming with their experiences?

SC ... with a statement like that, you would have to be a Pom?

I'm wrong ... oh, what the heck.

BUT ... I do agree with the premise of your proposition.

Maybe it's the newer members who are more forthcoming with their experiences?

Well they should jolly well bottle it up till they know how to behave on a public forum. Sadly, I fear this is not the best place to learn such behaviour...

SC