Two Different Visas To The Uk

Asking for advice here please,

Can i apply for a holiday visa for my wife,and after 3 weeks when she returns to thailand, can i then apply for a settlement visa, straight afterwards,.

She has been to the uk2 times already, so the holiday visa will be no problem.

Did i read somehere that you cannot apply for another visa in the same year or something

A visit visa is for the purpose of visiting the UK for a short time and is restricted to a maximum of 6 months each visit, also any person who is seen to spend more time in the UK, (i.e.more than six months out of 12) may have problems getting another visa in such a short time as apposed to someone who has made a few short trips in the preceding 12 months.

A settlement visa is different, you can apply for one even if you have just returned from the UK, your wifes visit visa history should not normally prevent it from being issued, though any past irregularities may cast doubt on her creditability causing her settlement visa application to get more attention than normal.

Thanks for your answers, the holiday visa will determine if we are planning on going home for 2 years or more

I did the same got a Holiday Visa to see if the now wife liked the UK, and to see if she could fit in with the culture, No point in being married if you are not living together in my opinion.

Thanks for your answers, the holiday visa will determine if we are planning on going home for 2 years or more

I did the same got a Holiday Visa to see if the now wife liked the UK, and to see if she could fit in with the culture, No point in being married if you are not living together in my opinion.

The OP's wife has been to the UK twice already. Sorry, I had assumed that they would know by now if they wanted to settle in the UK or not.

Edited by VisasPlus

The OP's wife has been to the UK twice already. Sorry, I had assumed that they would know by now if they wanted to settle in the UK or not.

Yes, this is a fair point - a holiday in the UK's not cheap either. But, if she's still in two minds I guess she should go ahead.