Ais Signal Problems

mogy

I have problems all the time with AIS phone signal. Dropped calls, impossible to get through. Never had those problems with DTAC. OTOH, AIS data network is in my experience much much faster than DTAC's and I need data more than voice so I stick with AIS. There has been some times when it was particularly bad, like when 3G was introduced last year and during the fireworks event recently. I heard that works are in progress to improve the network and that is part of the problem, but that could just be a rumor.

Sorry about the email addresses, but couldnt you just delete the emails and leave the post?

Anyway, I said I too have had problems in the Najomtien area, and lots of others here too. AIS dont really give a stuff, as I have been complaining for about 6 months. They promise various things and do stuff all. I have a post paid account which is normally around 5k per month, and the still dont care.

If you want some email addresses of them at AIS, let e know (PM me as I cant post email address, sorry Scott).

Well, surprise, surprise, surprise. I fianally got an answer, well sort of.

They replied;

The investigation from our crew is a real strong signal problem around mooban sintara and now we try our best to co-operate with other team who has direct a responsible in that area they did make an adjustment in that area but still not good enough because of that area is too low form sea level.

Then we have changed solution by add more cell site around next week. Must be better in a quality of AIS signal. Follow up closely in this case.

If that is the case, then pretty well all of Bangkok should not have signal because it too is very low height above sea level.

Stay tuned!

Edited by Rimmer
Tiny print made bigger

We have problems with DTac and AIS signals (my neighbour is AIS) in Cosy Beach (Pratumnak Hill).

One possible solution: My wife has a good signal on her Blackberry whereas I have trouble with my Nokia. Maybe her calls go through the EDGE network - I'm not sure.