Centara Hotel To Walking Street?

Grawburg

Family going for a long weekend to Centara Grand hotel...I've neve been to walking street and want to, well, walk it. Map shows a couple of miles from hotel to walking street. Best way to get down there? Taxi (meter?), tuk tuk, songthiaew?? My Thai is passable so I'm happy to try any method......how about the return trip? Thanks.

There is always a slew of baht buses, taxis, etc., outside the Centara in Wong Amat. Taxi will cost 200 +/-. You can also take a baht bus - some turn onto Beach Road at the Dolphin Circle, others don't, which means you jump off and catch another southbound right across from the entrance to the Dusit Thani.

Return trip - take the baht bus northbound past the Dolphin Circle, get off at Naklua Soi 18, and walk in from there.

Baht bus is b5, right? I read that far ants get charged 10baht, but I'm happy to hand the driver the proper amount then walk away....but I want to make sure 5baht is the proper amount.

I doubt it that they except only 5 Baht from a Foreigner, it's been 10 Baht for a long time already.

Edited by MJCM

There are the baht buses right outside the hotel and they will take you to Walking St for 200 baht.

Direct and wont stop for other people.

Hmm. 200B from the hotel or 10B if you walk up to Naklua Rd and get a regular shared one.

I know which I would do.

There are the baht buses right outside the hotel and they will take you to Walking St for 200 baht.

Direct and wont stop for other people.

Hmm. 200B from the hotel or 10B if you walk up to Naklua Rd and get a regular shared one.

I know which I would do.

Being a local with other options I avoid baht buses at all cost, however, if you've ever been to Centara you'll know (a) this is perhaps the poshest hotel in Pattaya and 200 baht doesn't even pay the flag fall where most tourists stay there come from and (B) it's a long walk from Centara up to the baht bus route on Naklua road.

Live and let live. wink.png

Baht bus is b5, right? I read that far ants get charged 10baht, but I'm happy to hand the driver the proper amount then walk away....but I want to make sure 5baht is the proper amount.

10 baht is the charge.

Centara Grand Hotel is not on a baht bus route.

Yes, it is - I have used it several times, although they don't run as frequently as on the main routes. Some of them go up Naklua 18 to the Naklua Road, then turn right toward Dolphin Circle; others continue along the roads closest to the sea and then turn left on the road which runs alongside the Dusit Thani, again ending up at the Dolphin Circle. Either way, some continue onto Beach Road, while others head east on Pattaya North, which necessitates a change if one is headed towards Walking Street.

That being said, it is far easier to take a taxi or hire a baht bus as a taxi from directly in front of the hotel. If you can afford the Centara, a 200 baht taxi should not be a concern.

10 baht is the charge.

Centara Grand Hotel is not on a baht bus route.

Yes, it is - I have used it several times, although they don't run as frequently as on the main routes. Some of them go up Naklua 18 to the Naklua Road, then turn right toward Dolphin Circle; others continue along the roads closest to the sea and then turn left on the road which runs alongside the Dusit Thani, again ending up at the Dolphin Circle. Either way, some continue onto Beach Road, while others head east on Pattaya North, which necessitates a change if one is headed towards Walking Street.

That being said, it is far easier to take a taxi or hire a baht bus as a taxi from directly in front of the hotel. If you can afford the Centara, a 200 baht taxi should not be a concern.

Exactly! wink.png