Two Australians A Day Arrested Abroad

harrry

http://www.smh.com.au/national/two-australians-a-day-arrested-abroad-20120107-1pp7s.html

Two Australians a day arrested abroad

Natalie O'Brien

January 8, 2012

• Read later

AT LEAST two Australians a day are arrested for crimes somewhere in the world, double the number who were getting into trouble overseas a decade ago.

Figures from the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade also reveal that the number of Australians in foreign prisons reached record levels in 2010-2011, with 313 in jail.

This should be a fun thread.

This is what happens when they are given access to alcohol and told that they cannot BBQ in their rooms . Perhaps they should be left in their native habitat and allowed to do what they do best, run about naked on the beach laughing and throwing beach balls. I think naked Australians are sexy (except the old guys, who should just stay home.) Naughty Australians can be even sexier as they inject of sense of danger. Oh the torrid toss, the taste, the textures of our warm bodies as I embrace a dangerous barmat purloiner. How could I resist her seductive desires, this woman that had outsmarted the high tech security at the bar. Oh to be taken by a naughty Australian scofflaw, a woman of cunning wiles, that dripped desirability, and that of course can change a flat tire and protect me from tuk tuk drivers.

• Like 1

Looks like quite a low figure compared to the amount of Australian travellers, and on top of that I get the impression that many Australians tend to take longer than average trips abroad, so that make it even more commendable.

You do wonder though at the mentality of being involved in drugs in places like Indonesia.

That's pretty low in comparison to below ... biggrin.png

While the number of Britons arrested abroad fell last year, statistics show they are still getting into other difficulties while holidaying or living overseas.

Total arrests in the 12 months ending March 2011 reached 5,700, a reduction on 6,439 in 2009-10 and 6,919 in 2008-09, according to the British Behaviour Abroad report.

Spain recorded the highest number of Britons of arrests, at 1,745, although proportionate to visitor numbers the place Britons were more likely to be arrested was Thailand, followed by the US. Countries with the majority of arrests concerning drugs offences included Jamaica, Norway, Argentina, Brazil, Serbia and Peru.

Guardian

Average 15.6 / day