I Need A Stamp? Any Advice Please?

fredtitmus

Need to get my passport stamped before 13th of January.I got two 2 month visas from uk and my 1st 2 month is nearly done.So I'm wanting to take my wife out of the country for a break we have decided on Cambodia or Vietnam or maybe even both if we can.

We were just looking for the best places to go but trying to budget at the same time.I went to sihanoukville in 2005 with a mate and would like to go back there but is it a problem getting over now,what is the price and would it be ok for my Thai wife to get across and how much would it cost? We are living in Khonkaen and are hoping to get away either tomorrow or Thursday.

Anyone with experience that could give us some advice would be greatly appreciated.

P.s should also point out that we have done the Lao border but prefer to go somewhere else now preferably on the beach.

I would avoid Vietnam. I traveled there with an Asian friend and as a white guy with an Asian girl, they really treated both of us like crap...and we were simply friends. Women would yell obscenities to her in Vietnamese. It was disturbing and we left Vietnam early.

decided on cambodia,just not sure which point at the border to cross,want to go to sihanoukville and angkor wat.could go in at poipet and out at koh kong or visa versa.Just not sure how much is the going rate for me(uk) and the wife(thai) again if anyone can help would be appreciated.

I would avoid Vietnam. I traveled there with an Asian friend and as a white guy with an Asian girl, they really treated both of us like crap...and we were simply friends. Women would yell obscenities to her in Vietnamese. It was disturbing and we left Vietnam early.

Been in Viet Nam for 10+ years with my Vietnamese wife and never had an experience like that but I've been mainly in the North, I suppose you were in the south.

The VN people are very friendly and it's a great place to travel in but the North is a bit cold at the moment.

Been in Viet Nam for 10+ years with my Vietnamese wife and never had an experience like that but I've been mainly in the North, I suppose you were in the south.

The VN people are very friendly and it's a great place to travel in but the North is a bit cold at the moment.

Your id is "PattayaParent" and you have over 8000 posts on THAI visa but you live in VN?

Your id is "PattayaParent" and you have over 8000 posts on THAI visa but you live in VN?

I have homes in both countries.

Work in Viet Nam, holiday in Thailand.

Work in Thailand, holiday in Viet Nam.

head to the border south of Surin/Prastt- Osmach Cambodia and head to SR from there can bus ( 12-14 hours via PP to Sihanoukville) or fly in an hour 15 minutes.

As Thai she gets 14 days no visa but if ur going to be there longer she will need a visa ( as u will) which u get at the border $20 good for a month

Exit at Koh Kong but its a LONG way back to KK overland

Edited by phuketrichard