Presentaion

I hope this isn't a trivial question, but for those of you who've had successful applications how did you present all your documents to the embassy?

A folder with the sponsor letter at the front followed by all the other relevant paperwork? A separate folder for your thai girls information (employment, bank, letters from employer, family documents etc etc?).

What about having another folder with photocopies of everything?

And how about dress, obviously both go smart, but I thought a full suit and tie might look a little pushy.

Hi rich,

We presented ours, extremely neat and tidy, with everything in it's own section, in a binder with plastic pockets. Put yourself in the place of the ECO, if you asked to see the bank statements would you like to be waiting 5 mins while the applicant scrambles through all her papers, to try and find them? I don't know if it has anything to do with the actual outcome but it is better to have everything in order.

As for attire. Yes, the other half should go smart. When we went, they weren't letting the BF's or Husband's in, so i don't think it would make any difference what you wore. However, i'm a believer of being prepared, so it wouldn't do any harm for yourself to go smart but i agree, a Suit maybe over the top.

Good luck to you both.

MrBoJ

I don't think it matters that much. As long as you don't have dreadlocks and a bone through your nose clean and presentable is fine. I've just been to the embassy at Kuala Lumpur and my documents were in a brown envelope and they looked fine, as long as they're organised and haven't been crunched or crinkled.

We placed all of our documents in a simple file with tabs on pages so that documents could be easily found.

On the form we added notes e.g. Against questions regarding income I added a note "Copies of Payslips are attached - See Attachement 2"

In the attachments I added a second note eg: Copies of Payslips as proof of income requested under question...'

At the beginning of the folder I added a full index to the contents.

We had a similar folder that had all the orignals. For example, copy of bank book in application folder, orignal in second folder if asked for.

We photo copied the whole submission, incase there was a need to challenge a refusal.

Dress at the application. Comfortable and a warm jacket, the waiting room is like an ice box.

We didn't go into all that wai-ing the Embassy Staff nonsense.

same as bojangles, all in one folder. visa application at front, index, docs and photos.

1 Folder taken to embassy at time of interview (originals),

1 Folder submitted same time as fee, (copies of original folder).

1 Folder (copies again) for the Mrs to take to interview with further info, evidence (call it what you want) collected, between the time submitting the original folder and attending interview.

Edited by BIG SPUDS

There should be a check list of the papers/information they require and usually the check list indicates the order in which your papers should be submitted.

If you go that extra step and follow some of the presentation suggestions made by others in this thread, it can only help.

The Thai national is the applicant, the sponsor is the supporter and those supplying statutory declarations are the contributors. They are all supporting the one application, so all papers should be submitted together in the one folder.

All copies of original papers must be certified. It is advisable to carry the original papers with you separately, but these aren't usually needed.

Dress to impress.

Hi rich,

When we went for settlement visa ,i made a folder with everything neat and tidy and in order,with my sponsor letter at the front followed by all the other relevant paperwork.also did the usaul photocopies and put them in a plastic pocket at the back off the folder for the eco .

And as for dress code for me i went smart and casual (not over the top ) no suit) and wife wore skirt and a top i bought in england.

wish you all the best in your application