Retirement Visa

I have a one year retirement visa and as part of that i have to show 65,000 baht a month in my thai bank account, i am going to Australia in April and will not come back until November, i have to renew my visa then.

Can anyone tell me if i still have to send the 65,000 every month to my thai account when i am in Australia, as i have to pay my way in Australia it will be difficult to send 65,000 evry month.

Thanks for any help.

That is not how you qualify for retirement extension of stay. You need 800k in bank three months to renew a retirement extension of stay or have letter from your embassy of 65k per month income or use a combination to equal 800k per year. Immigration is not interested in seeing 65k a month going into any account here as that will not meet there requirement.

That is not how you qualify for retirement extension of stay. You need 800k in bank three months to renew a retirement extension of stay or have letter from your embassy of 65k per month income or use a combination to equal 800k per year. Immigration is not interested in seeing 65k a month going into any account here as that will not meet there requirement.

Why then do they ask for a copy of my Thai bank pass book, i also produced a letter from my embassy.

BUT my question was if i do not come back for more than 3 months before the due date do i still have to show this.

Because i am in Australia intil 1 month before the due date of extending 1 year visa.

Many Thanks.

They asked for a copy of Thai bankbook to show how you pay for your stay here - you could have said you used ATM to withdraw funds of Oz and shown receipts - it was just a question not a requirement (if you meet the 65k per month Embassy letter requirement).

You will have to show Embassy letter of 65k - you might be asked again for show of how you pay for your stay but there would not be any requirement it be a bank account passbook or that any amount of money be in it for any amount of time. You should not have any problems but take the bank passbook with you in case they ask to see something. They could also ask to see proof of embassy letter income (pension/savings/tax or whatever you have) so best to also have that with you also - but just keep in a file unless asked.

Ok, this is not a simple question to answer....

Logically and according to all the rules you do not need to show any income into Thailand for the months you are not here, however....

1) The monthly income assertion is not what it is titled, in fact it is an annual income assertion; so if you have said and got confirmed that you have 65k a month income, you are actually asserting to an 800K a year income, you could be deemed to have failed on the annual amount if you are not here for some months. Add up the months you are actually in Thailand and if they are above 800k for the year based on your quoted monthly income no problem. This has nothing to do with money actually brought into the kingdom or placed in a bank account. Just mathematics, where dividing an annual amount by twelve does NOT reduce the overall requirement.

2) Even if you have a problem with the above you will likely be able to talk around it as long as you have no dependants, property or vehicles in Thailand. If you do then be prepared for a lengthy discussion with an unpredictable result.

3) If you fall into the last category, where you have "things" here and have only asserted to 65k a month then my advice would be play safe and deposit the money anyway if you can possibly do so.

Hope this helps,

Raymond J Edwards

Property, movable or otherwise, has nothing to do with retirement extensions of stay; nor do the number of months you stay. The annual requirement is as below and is not divided into months here or annual 800k. The 800k per year only applies to minimum combined value when using both Embassy letter of income and bank deposit. It is really very simple and thousands or retires use the system every year.

(3) Proof of income of not less than Baht 65,000 per month; or

(4) Account deposit with a bank in Thailand of not less than

800,000 Baht as shown in the bank account for the past 3 months

at the filing date of the application. For the first year, the applicant

should have that amount in his bank account for not less than 60

days or

(5) Annual income plus bank account deposit totaling not less

than Baht 800,000 as of the filing date of application