Driving License Renewal Question

kirmizi

I'm renewing my one year license into a (hopefully) five year license tomorrow. I have heard that one needs to be there at 9:00 am or thereabouts but I think that is only for the initial license. Can anyone confirm that renewals can be done later in the day?

Ordinarily I would just go early to be sure but at this time I am busy every morning so I must go in the afternoon.

Thanks in advance.

This topic has been well covered but you need to be there in the morning as it is no ordinary renewal. For 5 years you will be required to pass some tests, watch a video, & you will most likely need a medical certificate. It has possibly changed but those are what I had to do when I got my latest 5 year renewal in the old building.

Only people requiring indoor testing in the morning with practical outdoor testing in the afternoon need attend mornings.

One year to 5 year licences can be done anytime

Go after lunch after 1pm.

You will be finished in less than 30 minutes.

Better still go Tuesday afternoon.

Sanuk :)

PS don't forget Certificate of Residence and Doctor's Certificate

This topic has been well covered but you need to be there in the morning as it is no ordinary renewal. For 5 years you will be required to pass some tests, watch a video, & you will most likely need a medical certificate. It has possibly changed but those are what I had to do when I got my latest 5 year renewal in the old building.

New DLT boss, new rules

Everyone must now do reaction, colorblind, movie.

Be there before 0845, or you are to late. Renewal done by 10

Last time i went was in the afternoon, I had to sit through a vidio that lasted over 45 minutes fill out a form pay money get picture taken total time was about 1 hour and 15 minutes.. Others I have talked to have had to do other things. Sort of like Immigration just depends were you go to get the new permit. every one seem have different procedures and requirements.

For got had to take color blindness test also.

Edited by LivinginKata
text refomatted to arial black

Last time i went was in the afternoon, I had to sit through a vidio that lasted over 45 minutes fill out a form pay money get picture taken total time was about 1 hour and 15 minutes.. Others I have talked to have had to do other things. Sort of like Immigration just depends were you go to get the new permit. every one seem have different procedures and requirements.

For got had to take color blindness test also.

Ok, and where was this experience?

New DLT boss, new rules

Just to clarify, this was Phuket December 2011, after new DLT boss had started his work

New DLT boss, new rules

Just to clarify, this was Phuket December 2011, after new DLT boss had started his work

I tired to copy & paste a photo but it did not work.

Edited by Valentine

In which city (town) is the old building, and how long ago was it when you got your last 5 year renewal.

In which city (town) is the old building, and how long ago was it when you got your last 5 year renewal.

The old building in Phuket Town is still there, you drive past it when heading to the new building/test centre. It was 2 or 3 years ago, my licence had expired & I went in not long after my birthday so I ended up with an extension of just under 6 years. Several months ago my twin girls had their licence renewed from the one year to 5 years & they were in & out in less than an hour.

Edited by Valentine