British Man Kills Himself At Shooting Range On Pattaya Beach

Rimmer

British man kills himself at Shooting Range on Pattaya Beach

PATTAYA: -- A British man committed suicide at a Central Pattaya shooting range on Sunday afternoon. Police and rescue services made their way to the Pattaya Klang Shooting Range located on Pattaya Beach and inspected the body of Mr. Andrew Michael Davis aged 42 from Stockport, UK. He had suffered a self-inflicted wound to his head and the moments leading up to his death were caught on Security Cameras inside the shooting range. Mr. Davis, who was under the supervision of Khun Gitsana aged 25, purchased a total of 20 bullets for a 357 Magnum which is the weapon he chose to use when he arrived. The first fifteen bullets were expelled into the range and in the direction of the target. A further 5 bullets were loaded into the gun and after the first two, which were also expelled in the direction of the target, Mr. Davis is seen to point the gun under his chin and pull the trigger. He fell to the ground and died instantly. The shocked instructor, who was standing to his left, claimed he was unable to prevent Mr. Davis from taking his own life and he appeared relaxed throughout. Police know little about Mr. Davis but do have his Hotel key and a rented motorbike.

Full story HERE

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-01-16

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Something very similar happened last year. It was reported in some detail on local TV.

This chap may have got the idea from that.

Hell of a way to go at just 42.

Over the years, this has happened numerous times. I guess its too much to ask for a mental health clearance form before entering that joint.

Nooooooooooo, everyone has a breaking point. Didn't think l had one but some years back l found l did have one. jap.gif

Personally, I think civilized societies should have a legal, clean, humane process to deal with suicidal people. A place they can check into, be offered counseling, but if the person is not interested, especially if they have a terminal physical disease, help them out. Literally. I know, I'm a bleeding heart liberal.

Edited by Rimmer

Something very similar happened last year. It was reported in some detail on local TV.

REMOVED

Please refrain from denigrating comments, you know nothing of him or why he decided it was the best option.

The only thing clear is that he had an impressive determination, by the only report from eye witness, he was calm and resolve

REMOVED

Please refrain from denigrating comments, you know nothing of him or why he decided it was the best option.

The only thing clear is that he had an impressive determination, by the only report from eye witness, he was calm and resolve

Actually the eye witness was too shoecked to express himself. the News "video" released to the media is of the whole incident captured on very clear cctv. Without going into detail, the reports in the media are very correct, he went in with the resolve to do it and did so with determination and without flinching. What was released in the news is an extremely well sanitised version. Very Sad that anyone reaches that stage. RIP

REMOVED

No apologies for my comment. Objectively, someone who is suicidal has at least potential mental health issues. I support the right of suicide but I don't think doing so in public is proper. I also think that sometimes suicide is an entirely rational decision.

Rubbish. Unless you have been there you would not know.

Sad, especially for the instructor and other staff at the shooting range who witnessed this, suppose they were just thankful he did not shoot at them before topping himself...

Wish these people would think of those who are affected by their actions.

Edited by Basil B
  • Like 1

Saw this on the channel 7 news Sunday night. They showed the explicit video of him putting the gun under his jaw and pulling the trigger. A picture of his passport was also displayed, as usual here in Thailand. Additionally they mentioned the reason being, a bargirl had cleaned him out. So I assume he left a note behind. Or maybe they just made that one up, who knows.

Sad way to go, R.I.P.

I can't really believe these kind of places are still open.

Back in 1998 I went into one under Tiffany's and had " a go " on all sorts of guns. Never held one before and don't intend to ever again.

RIP

Andy was a friend of mine and i can tell you he did not '' get cleaned out with a bar girl'' !!

He had personel and family issues which could not be resolved leaving him unable to return home. Things obviously became too much for him to bear, resulting in his sad demise.

Rip Mucker xx

Andy was a friend of mine and i can tell you he did not '' get cleaned out with a bar girl'' !!

He had personel and family issues which could not be resolved leaving him unable to return home. Things obviously became too much for him to bear, resulting in his sad demise.

Rip Mucker xx

A friend lost is a loss indeed. He has his peace now. RIP. Mucker. T/A

RIP Andy

Please, other posters, keep your comments to your self !, some people can go through such stress, that life is not worth living !, i presume people who post bad comments have a great lifestyle, money in the bank and have a care free life... well you make up 0.00001 of the worlds population

• Like 2