Anyone Id Dead Guy On Viewpoint Hill?

grumpyoldman

Fishing line across the road ... Really?! That's scary... Thought usual tactic was to ride up and just kick you off... Much easier to see them coming and take some action.

Don't believe everything you read.

This is the second time you have made a statement like this,,i know of at least 6 incidents of cases like this over the last few years on this Kata view point road..both ways, and i am sure some of the older posters like GOM,KB,JIMMY007,can confirm this..this is real and still going on...Drive Safely, Beware..

The first time I made s statement like this you claimed there were many fake accidents on that hill. I drive that hill everyday, all times, and have never heard of fake accidents there. Some time ago there were a few robberies here, but that seems to have been solved. I may even have had something to do with that, I chased a robber there, got his licenseplate and identified the giuy at the policestation.

Now you are claiming a fishingline across that road has caused many accidents there, and I'm sorry but again I don't believe this. So looking forward to you proving me wrong.

i am not cllaiming any thing about fake accidents,...2 of my feinds, one a German,who lives in Rawai,another an English man ,who suffered brain damage,and is back in the UK plus a few others who have had similar accidents,nearly aiways robbed and left there usually unconcious..just because you have not heard about these incidents does not mean to say they have not happened..i am not a scaremonger and wire or fishing line has ben found after some of these incidents...

i am not cllaiming any thing about fake accidents,...

I sometimes wonder about staged accidents on dark roads at night for the sole purpose of robbing anyone who stops. The road between the Honda dealer & Kathu strikes me as being a good place for this type of setup.

This has happened in Kata to karon ,on the hill before the football stadium,many times over thel ast 6 years,also the road from Kata viewpoin down towards Naiharn,and many more on the island its a danger we all have to look out for..

Loss of memory?

Edited by stevenl

Fishing line across the road ... Really?! That's scary... Thought usual tactic was to ride up and just kick you off... Much easier to see them coming and take some action.

Don't believe everything you read.

This is the second time you have made a statement like this,,i know of at least 6 incidents of cases like this over the last few years on this Kata view point road..both ways, and i am sure some of the older posters like GOM,KB,JIMMY007,can confirm this..this is real and still going on...Drive Safely, Beware..

Better still, don't go out late at night on a motorbike. Either use a taxi or a samlaw.

and let them rob you angry.png

i am not cllaiming any thing about fake accidents,...

I sometimes wonder about staged accidents on dark roads at night for the sole purpose of robbing anyone who stops. The road between the Honda dealer & Kathu strikes me as being a good place for this type of setup.

This has happened in Kata to karon ,on the hill before the football stadium,many times over thel ast 6 years,also the road from Kata viewpoin down towards Naiharn,and many more on the island its a danger we all have to look out for..

Loss of memory?

....You think so,,wrong again...[staged not FAKE.].

Sometimes people come with a good explanation here, and sometimes, well, see the above post.

Still waiting for any kind of proof of your claim for fake/staged accidents on the hill before the football stadium on the way from Kata to Karon and on the road from Kata and Nai Harn BTW.

Sometimes people come with a good explanation here, and sometimes, well, see the above post.

Still waiting for any kind of proof of your claim for fake/staged accidents on the hill before the football stadium on the way from Kata to Karon and on the road from Kata and Nai Harn BTW.

what would you like me to do go and find the wire etc?,i am not a liar,and i am sorry i dont have any current proof,but both the persons i mentione were victims of these so called STAGED accidents,this was a few years back...im sorry you dont beleive me..mad.gif

what would you like me to do go and find the wire etc?,i am not a liar,and i am sorry i dont have any current proof,but both the persons i mentione were victims of these so called STAGED accidents,this was a few years back...im sorry you dont beleive me..mad.gif

Just give me any kind of internet story about this, any kind.

What is the connection BTW between a wire and a staged/fake accident?

Just give me any kind of internet story about this, any kind.

What is the connection BTW between a wire and a staged/fake accident?

<deleted>..

Fake accident is usually when you come across a motorbike on it's side a person lying in the road with accomplices hidden ready to spring out when someone stops to help.

Rigging something across the road to dismount a rider, or, assaulting a rider by kicking the bike or hitting them with a lump of wood is a completely different modus operandi for the same goal; robbery.

I agree but - why should it make a difference that the robberies are committed by " local tear-a-ways"?

Because:-

A. Their mummies and daddies are either powerful in themselves, or, have connections.

B. They can bring a lot of woe down on the heads of the lowly police that would dare accuse their little darlings of any malfeasance.

C. Tourists come and go. Locals are there forever.

If their parents are that wealthy/powerful, why on earth would their offspring be out robbing farangs for a few baht?

Like the 'fishing line' comment, I find this extremely unlikely.

Edit - I recall when 2 farang women were attacked and raped a year or so ago around Rawai. One whilst out jogging early in the morning, the other (also early in the morning) in her own home. The police later arrested a guy who attacked a Thai woman on her scooter later in the day and, assured everyone they had caught the culprit.

I was not convinced - the modus operandi was too different, and suspect that this was a case of somebody connected to a wealthy family that was 'discovered', and somebody else blamed....

Edited by F1fanatic

I agree but - why should it make a difference that the robberies are committed by " local tear-a-ways"?

Because:-

A. Their mummies and daddies are either powerful in themselves, or, have connections.

B. They can bring a lot of woe down on the heads of the lowly police that would dare accuse their little darlings of any malfeasance.

C. Tourists come and go. Locals are there forever.

If their parents are that wealthy/powerful, why on earth would their offspring be out robbing farangs for a few baht?

Like the 'fishing line' comment, I find this extremely unlikely.

Edit - I recall when 2 farang women were attacked and raped a year or so ago around Rawai. One whilst out jogging early in the morning, the other (also early in the morning) in her own home. The police later arrested a guy who attacked a Thai woman on her scooter later in the day and, assured everyone they had caught the culprit.

I was not convinced - the modus operandi was too different, and suspect that this was a case of somebody connected to a wealthy family that was 'discovered', and somebody else blamed....

you havent raised any kids to adults, have you?

to prove to their friends they are the toughest, meanest guys around. I waste farang for fun so dont f-cking come close to meangry.png

yeez, we did fishing lines 12 yo, when its lit by headlights it looks like a huge rope you really need to stop to avoid

Don't know if you watched any documentaries on British football hooliganism, but, some of the worst perpetrators were guys from solid middle class homes that had very decent education and well paying jobs.

That's "yoof" for you.......

i saw them, and i knew the guy who wrote the book based on hoolligan fans in Liverpool,and a lot of his opinions can be related to why youngsters behave like this,its not only here, its world wide..