Why Does Wife Have To Prove She Is Married ?

My wife owns a large restaurant. She says that in connection with the registration of the business, or something like that, she has to prove that she is married to somebody; Thai or farang. Consequently, she needs a copy of id-card / photo page of a passport.

Obviously, I said I AM NOT SIGNING ANYTHING. She said no, no, you don't have to sign anything, or do anything at all, I just need a copy of your passport. I use my wife's id-card every time I extend my visa. It seems unreasonable to refuse her.

It seems highly unlikely, but I just can't help worrying a little bit that there is some sort of joint resposibility, for something, involved.

Maybe somebody in this forum has come across this proof of marrige thing in connection with business ?

When it comes to marriages in Thailand more are probably through the religious ceremony with no marriage license/certificate than those with marriage licenses/certificates. I sure there are thousands of women out there with registered businesses who are just flat out single or married via ceremony but no marriage license/certificate.. I expect they are registering their businesses OK-fine. Seems if she had to prove she is married she would need to show the marriage certificate/license. Maybe there is just a communication disconnect going on between you and the wife as to what she is really trying to explain.

Do you own anything?

a car for example or whatever ?

" Even in the most succesful marriages i seen so far"...it IS popping up regular.......

pawning or taking a loan.

i am sure it is not in your case but just to make sure.........check!

Do you own anything?

a car for example or whatever ?

" Even in the most succesful marriages i seen so far"...it IS popping up regular.......

pawning or taking a loan.

i am sure it is not in your case but just to make sure.........check!

You forgot making a withdrawel from his bank account.

Signed photocopy of passport + bank book will do the trick.

Everytime that you give a copy of your passport you should write across the copy exactly the purpose that the copy is being supplied for and sign .. a couple of lines right across the picture and write between the lines and sign.

Then it can only be used for that purpose ... hopefully

Everytime that you give a copy of your passport you should write across the copy exactly the purpose that the copy is being supplied for and sign .. a couple of lines right across the picture and write between the lines and sign.

Yeap, I've got a Thai friend who is studying law/college education from UK and she recommends the same...and even copies of Thai ID cards or other forms of identification Recently when completing the paperwork to apply for the B5,000 compensation for home flooding she told her Mom and my wife to be sure to do this on the copies of the Thai IDs that they were submitting with their paperwork. This helps to reduce the possibility of misuse of the copies for other things.

i registered for tax in los and i was told the same thing every time you or someone make's a copy of any important doc.sign it and state the purpose its used for,tax office quite helpful others not so.