Phuket 'Spike Girl' Returns German Victim's Passport

webfact

Phuket 'spike girl' returns victim's passport

Phuket Gazette

phuket-1-12062sXWdeNIImQsshpwGabHimZYKmr.jpg

German tourist Arndt Schneider watches as a woman returns his passport, placing it in one of the shoes he left outside his rented room. Photo: Atchaa Khamlo

phuket-4-12062sVbQPGdwUQruaKnjqdBAnWjclu.jpg

The CCTV footage showed the suspect leaving the room and another woman secretively returning Mr Schneider's passport.

PHUKET: -- Another Phuket tourist is believed to have fallen victim to ‘drink spiking’ in Patong last night by a woman who made off with his valuables as well as the room safe, but made sure his passport was returned.

Arndt Schneider, 47, from Germany, went out Tuesday night to a bar along Soi Sansabai to play pool with a friend who was on holiday with him, he told the Phuket Gazette.

At about 7:30am on Wednesday Mr Schneider took a Thai woman he had met that night back to his apartment.

“When she and I got in the room, I had a beer and just a few minutes later I fell down. I did not know what was going on,” he said.

Mr Schneider woke up at about 5am today to find his apartment room safe gone, along with the valuables inside: almost 10,000 baht worth of different currencies (baht and US dollars), ATM cards, and his passport.

He later he found his passport in one of the shoes that he’d placed outside the room.

The apartment receptionist reported the theft to Patong Police, who came to examine the room this morning.

CCTV footage, shown to the Gazette and Mr Schneider by the apartment owner, showed him and the girl arriving at the room at 7:26am.

The footage showed the same woman leaving the room at 8:17am and looking around the apartment building before returning to the room.

At 8:19am, the woman left the apartment with a black plastic bag that police presume to have contained the room safe, before she returned empty handed 10 minutes later. She is thought to have stayed in the room until later that afternoon.

The video footage also shows a different woman stopping outside the room at 9am to place Mr Schneider’s passport in his shoe.

Mr Schneider is due to return to Germany on January 25, after giving a statement to the Patong Police.

Source: http://www.phuketgaz...ticle12062.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2012-01-20

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I reckon he got off cheap. . .

I've had scammers/thieves here in Thailand make restitution afterwards several times over the years, probably have second thoughts about the bad karma heading their way.

A girl who stole 10,000 baht from my maid's room returned in contrition and paid/worked off the debt over nearly a year until it was paid back in full + 4% per month interest.

The owner of a bar whose girl stole a bag+wallet from me away from his premises called me up to come and get everything, took my word on the cash amount stolen and paid me back out of his own pocket, saying it would be deducted from his employee's salary over the next six months.

And yes he was Thai. . .

I too find it amusing that a bar girl can take a room safe. Did this guesthouse not have the safe bolted or drilled so it can't be taken, or did the bar girl have a set of tools with her and used her handyman skills to free the safe?

I had to laugh at your comment...So true...Thanks...

Didn't need "tools". She probably had a top of the line Swiss Army Knife and used that.

clap2.gif

• Like 1

Returning the passport is just common sense on behalf of the girl.

As having money stolen is one thing, but having your passport stolen is something all together.

If you lose 10k Baht you might not report it to the police, as it's not such a large amount (Especially since he'd have been intending on giving some of it to the girl before she left anyway), and you don't want to spend your holiday in police stations over something which you're never going to see again anyway. I think that a lot of tourists would just bugger off back to their home country if they had their money etc stolen.

However, if you lose your passport, you'd probably have to file a police report to get a new one, and likewise you might end up staying in Thailand for longer because you can't board a flight. This extra time gives you an excellent opportunity to pursue your stolen valuables, and maybe you'd even still be in the country when the culprit is caught and can thus assist identify her.

I too find it amusing that a bar girl can take a room safe. Did this guesthouse not have the safe bolted or drilled so it can't be taken, or did the bar girl have a set of tools with her and used her handyman skills to free the safe?

She probably told them at reception that she was just taking it out for cleaning.

WARNING - Stay away from dam_n bargirls, these sex tourists have no one to blame but themselves. No sympathy for him at all, lay down with dogs then you wake up with fleas.

Nothing indicates that this guy was a sex tourist. Also you really should stop cheering criminals on under the guise of the victim deserving it. Getting drunk and coming back to your hotel room with a woman doesn't make you a sex tourist.

No one deserves being drugged and robbed just as women with revealing clothes don't deserve to be raped.

Edited by hungryhippo
  • Like 2

Have to agree, the guy's been on a bender from the night before, finally takes the girl at 7:30AM, lo and behold passes out..(???).

Maybe change the header to "Opportunistic Girl".

And just so happened she had the tools with her to remove the safe?

I think she is a clever girl and returned the passport to let this guy out of LOS ASAP so that he'd not cause further police problems for her.

A good deduction, exactly what I was thinking. But this doesn’t mean that the guy’s passport has not been duplicated for fraudulent purposes.

This has nothing to do with Thai people as a whole. What these guys’s fail to realise is that they are dealing with Thailand’s underclasses, the dregs of Thai society.

The reality is that these women are prostitutes, some maybe involved with a gang and the guys that use their services are only considered as tricks or Johns, only in this for easy cash. Many of these men believe that when they pay for the services of prostitutes that they are going to get a short time girlfriend or the girlfriend experience. Not so. It`s a wham, bam thank you mame, here’s your money, good-bye and good luck.

Any guy who risks taking one of these women back to their room, without being fully coherent of their senses, leaves valuables lying around and failing to watch these girls every move is a fool. I cannot see any reasons why the police would want to waste any of their precious time and resources trying to obtain property or valuables back for these morons.

Have no sympathy whatsoever and once bitten, twice shy. At least this idiot has learned from experience.

post-110219-0-82891100-1327037111_thumb.

• Like 1

It's not that difficult to remove an hotel safe - as I actually found out to my disadvantage after the tsunami in Phuket. :(

I think she is a clever girl and returned the passport to let this guy out of LOS ASAP so that he'd not cause further police problems for her.

A good deduction, exactly what I was thinking. But this doesn’t mean that the guy’s passport has not been duplicated for fraudulent purposes.

This has nothing to do with Thai people as a whole. What these guys’s fail to realise is that they are dealing with Thailand’s underclasses, the dregs of Thai society.

The reality is that these women are prostitutes, some maybe involved with a gang and the guys that use their services are only considered as tricks or Johns, only in this for easy cash. Many of these men believe that when they pay for the services of prostitutes that they are going to get a short time girlfriend or the girlfriend experience. Not so. It`s a wham, bam thank you mame, here’s your money, good-bye and good luck.

Any guy who risks taking one of these women back to their room, without being fully coherent of their senses, leaves valuables lying around and failing to watch these girls every move is a fool. I cannot see any reasons why the police would want to waste any of their precious time and resources trying to obtain property or valuables back for these morons.

Have no sympathy whatsoever and once bitten, twice shy. At least this idiot has learned from experience.

Has it occured to you for one moment that a crime has been committed against this guy????

Next time you are in a bar, ANY BAR, and a drink is served to you, just think, unless it was opened in front of you, the staff could have "spiked" it and 30 minutes later you are feeling really tired and need help from the staff to get home. At this point, everyone thinks you are just another drunk "moron" and you wake up with all of your possessions gone.

Phuket is full of "it won't happen to me" victims.

Have to agree, the guy's been on a bender from the night before, finally takes the girl at 7:30AM, lo and behold passes out..(???).

Maybe change the header to "Opportunistic Girl".

If this happened in my home country, the police would take a blood and urine sample for testing. Sure, the result would show he had consumed a lot of alcohol, but it may also show up any drugs that were in his system, which he did not administer to himself.

Returning the passport is just common sense on behalf of the girl.

....you might end up staying in Thailand for longer because you can't board a flight. This extra time gives you an excellent opportunity to pursue your stolen valuables, and maybe you'd even still be in the country when the culprit is caught and can thus assist identify her.

Not only that: the sooner the victim leaves town, the sooner she can get out and do the same thing again without running into him.

To the people saying he was only drunk look at the times: he came back at 7:30AM and was soon out. He woke up at 5AM the next day so he was sleeping for about 22 hours. That's not alcohol.

You apparently assume his story is 100% true. It may well be but as you say, look at the times:

He (allegedly) passes out shortly after 7:30. She leaves an hour later -- if she drugged him and it worked so fast, why did she wait an hour to leave?

He (allegedly) passes out shortly after 7:30. She leaves an hour later -- if she drugged him and it worked so fast, why did she wait an hour to leave?

it would take an hour to find the right coloured plastic bag to match the room safe that was so quickly dislodged