Where Is All Of The Diet Coke?

Grawburg

Coke Zero has started to return to shelves (don't know if Diet Coke has) but as it is alone it does not remain long. As I am sure you know the floods stopped all production and transport of soft drinks and most stocks ran out in October and it is taking a considerable amount of time to return to any semblance of normalcy.

Coke Zero has started to return to shelves (don't know if Diet Coke has) but as it is alone it does not remain long. As I am sure you know the floods stopped all production and transport of soft drinks and most stocks ran out in October and it is taking a considerable amount of time to return to any semblance of normalcy.

It seems that the floods were picky as they seem to have only stopped the production and transport of the more healthy drinks.Coke zero,pepsi max,sugar free green tea,sugar free soy milk,diet coke................

It seems that the floods were picky as they seem to have only stopped the production and transport of the more healthy drinks.Coke zero,pepsi max,sugar free green tea,sugar free soy milk,diet coke................

Well,I don't know where all of the diet coke or coke zero has gone but if they've all gone to that great cock bottle in the sky

I,for one, won't miss it.

Health drink ?.....yeah right .

Sorry I should have said the healthier versions of drinks and i forgot to include mineral water in the list of drinks that are not available or very scarse..

Just come back from the local MaxValu (Phra Khanong). They have Coke zero and Pepsi Max.

I guess following the floods, supply chain and a few factories got disrupted and companies are focusing on their best sellers until everything gets back to normal.

I posted previously on the thread already started by somebody from Chiang Mai.

Here in Khon Kaen, the situation seems to have improved in the last week. Prior, it was difficult to find Coke Zero anywhere. Now (in the past week) I am seeing it fairly consistently in a few places. Certainly the pipeline is not filled yet to pre-flood levels, and most 7-Elevens are still without. But at least I can usually find it now. I see Coke Light (Diet Coke) less frequently than I do Coke Zero.

because most thais don't like cero or diet or max,not sweet enough,so not really important to hurry up

We have not had any canned Diet Coke and Pepsi Max in Bangkok for 3-4 months now. Regular Pepsi are just now finding their way back to the shop shelves. During the past 3-4 months I have been traveling to Phuket, where I easily have been able to find the exact same products, just as some restaurants in Bangkok has had no shortages. So if the production of the products in Thailand has not been totally stopped, the problem can not be excused by the flood last year, but must be because the chains are unvilling to change their distribution systems. If any factories in Thailand have been producing Diet Coke and Pepsi Max during the flood, they could easily have increased the production to cover Central Thailand by working 24/7.

Having this in mind, I think that the responsible persons in 7/11, Tesco Lotus, Big C., Makro, Foodland, Villa Market and many other shops, simply don´t care about the missing items, as long as the shelves in the shops can be filled with other products (even if they don´t sell). In my local Foodland the shelves that previously contained Diet Coke and Pepsi Max, has been filled mainly with strawberry Fanta. The same problem has occured for a long range of other food articles.

I have during the last 3-4 months frequently checked the Pepsi Thailand homepage, but I have found no information about any shortage problems.

Last night had a burrito at Sunrise Tacos washed down with a Diet Coke. Waiter said they had plenty and if I was willing to pay 40b a can, could take away as many as I liked. Then went to the CM2 disco where I switched to Diet Coke after a few beers - again no issue.

No, I don't understand it either.

Also can't find Sweppes Ginger Ale.

I live in Hua Hin.

Are the missing beverages in fact bottled or canned in this case in Thailand?

That is why we are having trougble finding them?

Has the plant been shut down from the flood and not reopened?

I have during the last 3-4 months frequently checked the Pepsi Thailand homepage, but I have found no information about any shortage problems.

Actually Pepsi was having problems even before the floods as there bottler had given notice so about to die in Thailand unless they can find new bottlers/distributors so probably has not been a high priority for the firm leaving Pepsi and the low sugar drinks have never been popular so they are further down the ladder. Add that most bottlers turned to producing water (for good reasons) and concentrate materials became scarce and now a population thirsty for sugar again after several months of only water to drink suspect production is concentrated on the high sellers. I do not even see the rainbow of Fanta drinks back yet.

still, no diet coke / pepsi inc zero / max plus Schweppes tonic etc. all made in the same place? looking like that. if the current distributors don't want the business I know those who would smile.png