Airline Information And Flight Deals For Expats

craigt3365

• 2 weeks later...

The usual mid-January Sale on Qatar is currently being loaded onto their booking-engine, perhaps allow another 12-24 hours before they're all available ?

Book by 16th january, for flights until 10th December, according to the blurb.

https://www.qatarairways.com/en/offers/global-travel-boutique.html

And I gather that Emirates have some improved-offers, I'd certainly expect both them and Etihad to respond within the next day or two, going by past years.

Happy Hunting ! :smile:

Edited by Ricardo
  • Like 2

On 09/01/2018 at 12:16 AM, Ricardo said:

The usual mid-January Sale on Qatar is currently being loaded onto their booking-engine, perhaps allow another 12-24 hours before they're all available ?

And I gather that Emirates have some improved-offers, I'd certainly expect both them and Etihad to respond within the next day or two, going by past years.

A bit disappointing so far, but great fares have surfaced during the course of previous sales, so worth keeping an eye on this one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Khun Han said:

A bit disappointing so far, but great fares have surfaced during the course of previous sales, so worth keeping an eye on this one.

Agreed, very insipid so far compared to last year, one can only hope they're waiting to see what the others are going to offer.

Looking at (just for an example) BKK-LHR on 10th September, returning on the 25th, Qatar offer B24,240.  Emirates offer B24,570 (but check their new route to/from London-Stansted), Etihad are B25,210 and the usual suspects  (Jet Airways, Malaysian, etc) just-under B22k.

So there's nothing very exciting yet.  Perhaps try Skyscanner, to see what the OTAs are able to dig out for us ?

Being based in CNX myself, I'm pleased to see CNX-LHR coming in at just-over B25k for the same dates, so not much of a premium and saving time/cost/hassle of going via BKK, they're keeping-up their 4-weekly launch-frequency but with the A319LR for the summer-season. 

Qatar Privilege-Club members try code PCGTBGIFT, for marginally-lower fares, and double-airmiles.

We shall see  ...

Edited by Ricardo

On 1/9/2018 at 7:16 AM, Ricardo said:

Qatar is a bit of a disappointment again this year. Emirates have better prices and connections to my destination.

Emirates fares out of BKK, travel 22nd January to 30th November, book by 29th January.

Claims to offer London  'from'  B23,210 or Amsterdam B19,955 or  Paris B21,985 and so on. :whistling:

https://www.emirates.com/th/english/book/featured-fares/?filter1=airport&airport=BKK&intc_type=fares&intc_name=fares&intc_creative=link&intc_location=home

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ricardo said:

Emirates fares out of BKK, travel 22nd January to 30th November, book by 29th January.

Good find.

First time I see appropriate prices for Emirates to Germany (Eco).

Just searched Munich in May, 23330 Baht with acceptable night flights both directions.

(usual prices about 38000 Baht).

Only disadvantage is the 20 kg baggage allowance compared to their usual 30 kg.

1 minute ago, Sunak said:

Only disadvantage is the 20 kg baggage allowance compared to their usual 30 kg.

Yes, Emirates had the same restriction on hold-baggage for their super-cheap fares last January, when I was trying to help two friends arrange a summer-trip back to Europe. 

But a good fare is always welcome ! :cool:

Just got an email, THAI are running a Flash-Sale, book from today to 17th January, for flights up to 31st March (but CNY blackout Feb 15th-18th)  to Indonesia, Malaysia & Singapore.

Tickets in the Sale have a reduced hold-luggage allowance of 20kgs.

Denpasar BaliTHB11,180* 

JakartaTHB10,680* 

Kuala LumpurTHB5,665* 

PenangTHB5,705* 

SingaporeTHB7,020*

https://www.thaiairways.com/en_TH/offer_promotion/Special_fare/index.page?

I can't remember ever seeing a Flash-Sale on Thai International before ? :shock1:

Etihad have now launched their own January-Sale, in competition with Qatar and Emirates, it's for bookings up to 21st January with travel between 22nd January & 30th June.  The other two had been booking up to early-December.

Some sample return-fares from Bangkok are quoted as,  'from'  B23,030 to London or B19.810 to Paris or B22,280 to Amsterdam.  Etihad also operate flights to/from Phuket.

https://flights.etihad.com/en-th/flights-from-thailand?CID=ema:air:thailand_168_hours_special_offer_jan_18jan18:gueststhen:etihadairwaysfaretactical:allsegments:&gsn=29543102&utm_campaign=thailand_168_hours_special_offer_jan_18jan18&utm_medium=email&utm_source=gueststhen&utm_content=etihadairwaysfaretactical&&CID=ema:&utm_campaign=&utm_source=&utm_content=&utm_medium=email

Edited by Ricardo

Sale on Thai Lion Air, book by 21st January, for flights between 17th January & 30th June, on both domestic & international routes.

Many domestic-fares from B690 one-way, a few at B490 & B590.

http://www.lionairthai.com/en/Promotion/New-Year-New-Discoveries?utm_source=website&utm_medium=webbanneren-so&utm_campaign=NewYear_NewDis_15JAN18-TH&utm_content=NewYear_NewDis_15JAN18-TH

• Like 1

Just now, Ricardo said:

Sale on Thai Lion Air, book by 21st January, for flights between 17th January & 30th June, on both domestic & international routes.

Many domestic-fares from B690 one-way, several at B490 & B590.

http://www.lionairthai.com/en/Promotion/New-Year-New-Discoveries?utm_source=website&utm_medium=webbanneren-so&utm_campaign=NewYear_NewDis_15JAN18-TH&utm_content=NewYear_NewDis_15JAN18-TH

On 1/11/2018 at 11:15 AM, Ricardo said:

Yes, Emirates had the same restriction on hold-baggage for their super-cheap fares last January, when I was trying to help two friends arrange a summer-trip back to Europe. 

But a good fare is always welcome ! :cool:

Then fly OMAN AIR, their return fares to Europe are sometimes 17K (and that is not even a promotion then) and they offer 30KG of luggage even when paying that little

7 minutes ago, THAILIBAN said:

Then fly OMAN AIR, their return fares to Europe are sometimes 17K (and that is not even a promotion then) and they offer 30KG of luggage even when paying that little

I have never seen OMAN Air pop up on Skyscanner. Their low fares most be on selected routes.

4 hours ago, THAILIBAN said:

That's an excellent price, I'm supposedly on their mailing-list but have never seen much to shout about before, what time of year is that sort of price available ?  Perhaps you might post a link, next time you see it, to help-out the rest of us ?

Looking right now at the Oman Air site, I see they too have a January-Sale, booking 8th-18th January (that's tomorrow !) for flights 8th January to 31st May.  Bunging-in a couple of mid-week dates in May, it shows prices of just-under B22kfor LHR, which is indeed quite good !

http://www.omanair.com/en/best-fares-deals/special-deals/up-to-50-off-in-business-economy-class-to-all-our-international

I wonder why they didn't email me, since I've got a frequent-flyer card on them ? ! :annoyed:

Edited by Ricardo

Sale on KLM, book by 31st January, for travel between 25th January and 30th November, best fares seem (on a quick viewing) to be in May & June.

https://dream.klm.com/th_en?WT.ac=hp_carrousel_dreamdealswi18#!/

Fares to London 'from' B21,045 ,  Paris B20,999 ,  Amsterdam B20,899 ,  Munich B21, 948,  lookmuch better than the ones in the Gulf-airline sales this month,

Edited by Ricardo

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/02/2018 at 8:15 PM, Khun Han said:

Return flights from BKK to Oslo with budget carrier Norwegian are available on selected dates October through to December for less than 13,000Bt when booked through an OTA. Hold luggage and sustenance are extra on these flights.

Now if only the LCCs could find a way to charge for air, en-route ! :cool:

Overall the Qatar/Emirates/Etihad sales were all slightly-disappointing this year, IMO.  One can only hope for oil-prices, and airfares, to drop as the year progresses !

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Ricardo said:

Overall the Qatar/Emirates/Etihad sales were all slightly-disappointing this year, IMO.  One can only hope for oil-prices, and airfares, to drop as the year progresses !

Lo-and-behold, one only says it, and then it happens ! 

I just got an email from Qatar, for a Thai-Sale on flights from their five Thai destinations, book by 11th February for travel up to 10th December.  Search via their usual website.  A quick check showed some sample-fares lower than their January-Sale !

And some new offers also from Etihad, some may come with 23kgs of luggage, rather than the usual 30 kgs.  Book until 18th February, for flights from 1st March to 31st July (although there may well be block-out periods).  To London from B23,580, Paris from B19,610, etcetera (with the usual caveats).

https://www.etihad.com/en-th/deals/view-more/?promotion_id=11748

Edited by Ricardo

49 minutes ago, Ricardo said:

Lo-and-behold, one only says it, and then it happens ! 

I just got an email from Qatar, for a Thai-Sale on flights from their five Thai destinations, book by 11th February for travel up to 10th December.  Search via their usual website.  A quick check showed some sample-fares lower than their January-Sale !

And some new offers also from Etihad, some may come with 23kgs of luggage, rather than the usual 30 kgs.  Book until 18th February, for flights from 1st March to 31st July (although there may well be block-out periods).  To London from B23,580, Paris from B19,610, etcetera (with the usual caveats).

https://www.etihad.com/en-th/deals/view-more/?promotion_id=11748

Qatar had some sub-£1000 fares in the posh seats, Helsinki to Bangkok prior to the 'sale'. These went up to nearly £1200 in the 'sale' and have now gone back down to their pre-'sale' price!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I looked for a ticket to Scandinavia with Qatar , they sent me an e-mail offer of 22000 baht and I was thinking that was a great price , but it was one way only so almost 40k they want , and they call it an offer.   :shock1:     

33 minutes ago, balo said:

I looked for a ticket to Scandinavia with Qatar , they sent me an e-mail offer of 22000 baht and I was thinking that was a great price , but it was one way only so almost 40k they want , and they call it an offer.   :shock1:     

If you follow KittenKong's link, they currently have offers to Scandinavia for just over 24,000 Bt return to Stockholm, and a bit less to Oslo and Copenhagen :thumbsup:.

3 hours ago, Khun Han said:

If you follow KittenKong's link, they currently have offers to Scandinavia for just over 24,000 Bt return to Stockholm, and a bit less to Oslo and Copenhagen

No , they are one-way tickets , I just did try to book to Oslo via that link .  

BKK - Oslo 15300 - Oslo - BKK 21370   =  37090 THB 

If you can find anyting better let me know. 

3 hours ago, Khun Han said:

If you follow KittenKong's link, they currently have offers to Scandinavia for just over 24,000 Bt return to Stockholm, and a bit less to Oslo and Copenhagen :thumbsup:.

Emirates can do that for 22,160 baht (BKK-CPH-BKK) with very few dates restrictions, so Qatar really has nothing to offer.

10 hours ago, balo said:

No , they are one-way tickets , I just did try to book to Oslo via that link .  

BKK - Oslo 15300 - Oslo - BKK 21370   =  37090 THB 

If you can find anyting better let me know. 

It can be frustrating finding these sales fares with Qatar, Balo, I know. I just threw a search into Matrix ITA for fares BKK to OSL 27 days travel period for the month of April. There were quite a lot of fares around the 24,000 mark. I clicked on one for departing 18 April, returning 16 May. The result was for Qatar. I went to Qatat's site, inputted the same dates and destinations, and came up with a fare of 23,825 Bt ( and with very good connection times, I might add).

6 hours ago, Khun Han said:

It can be frustrating finding these sales fares with Qatar, Balo, I know. I just threw a search into Matrix ITA for fares BKK to OSL 27 days travel period for the month of April. There were quite a lot of fares around the 24,000 mark. I clicked on one for departing 18 April, returning 16 May. The result was for Qatar. I went to Qatat's site, inputted the same dates and destinations, and came up with a fare of 23,825 Bt ( and with very good connection times, I might add).

What is Matrix ITA?

If it is a search app or page, please share a link.

I am currently just relying on skyscanner.