Airline Information And Flight Deals For Expats

craigt3365

11 hours ago, Khun Han said:

8 April, returning 16 May.

Yes I found it , but not the dates I'm interested in .   It will happen later this year . 

It is still cheaper with the budget airliner Norwegian from BKK in June / July . 

Around 18000 baht before you add food and luggage fees. 

7 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

What is Matrix ITA?

If it is a search app or page, please share a link.

I am currently just relying on skyscanner.

https://matrix.itasoftware.com

It's only a search facility (but a very good one). It tells you which metal you'll be flying on too. Once you've found the flights you want, input them to an OTA (such as Skyscanner) to get the prices down a bit, and to book.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, balo said:

Yes I found it , but not the dates I'm interested in .   It will happen later this year . 

It is still cheaper with the budget airliner Norwegian from BKK in June / July . 

Around 18000 baht before you add food and luggage fees. 

Luggage, food and drinks is going to add about 6000 to that fare, but it's usually a non-stop flight.

Searching ITA Matrix for the month of October, I found dates for both the cheap Norwegian and Qatar flights.

Needed a quick in and out so going economy to Durham/Teeside for May return June, very surprised at KLM price of 20,140 baht so I snatched it. Other regional airports in UK or even Europe should be pretty much the same, and the price justifies buying a premium lounge pass on the way home.

Out of curiosity I searched after buying, and the only London to Teeside flights coming up on Skyscanner was KLM for 7,800 baht return so going direct with them seems the best option. The only drawback as far as I can see is the luggage limit of one case each maximum 23kg, so I'll have to be a bit selective on my stocking up.

I know from others that they aren't the best airline, but to get to Smoggyland with a 2 hour connection on the way there and 5 hours in Schiphol on the way back, it's a bargain in saved time, petrol, and driving stress, and we can go over the Boro to pick up a hire car a couple of days after we land, which is even more money saved; several days less car hire and cheaper from town compared to airport.

Next time we go back I'll have more time to look and compare and get notifications of sales etc so I'll hunt for business class.

Mum's taxi from the airport and 15 minutes ride home, I'll take that any day!

On 3/23/2018 at 11:55 AM, ExpatOilWorker said:

What is Matrix ITA?

If it is a search app or page, please share a link.

I am currently just relying on skyscanner.

goo.gl/f3E11a

The father of google flights..and way better.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

According to some posts on Flyertalk, there are fares available with Oman in the posh seats from BKK to their Euro destinations (including London) for less than 40,000 Bt return as a companion fare, throughout the next year. I did a couple of searches out of curiosity, but couldn't find these prices (we normally fly the other way). Might be of interest to some to do a bit more searching.

• 2 weeks later...

Royal Jordan offer BKK-CPH-BKK business class for 53,590 baht (https://matrix.itasoftware.com/#view-flights:research=BKKCPH-CPHBKK), but CPH is not listed as a destination on Royal Jordan's own web site (https://rj.com). The Amman - CPH flight  are listed as RJ115/116, so it is not a code share flight.

Is the price too goo to be true and it is a glitch?

RJ.png

That was not easy.

But it could well be true.

Also skyscanner shows a similar price for business.

These RJ115/RJ116 will be newly introduced from June 3rd.

https://rj.com/en/meet-rj/our-media-center/news/2018/01/21/royal-jordanian-to-start-flying-to-copenhagen-in-early-june

CEO "Stefan Pichler".

A typical management nomad.

For a while he was at the helm of the now bankrupt Air Berlin.

A bit poor that the RJ site does not allow to select the flights now.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

I e-mailed RJ, so maybe they are working on it, but CPH is still not showing for me.

Edit:  Just noticed that there are a lot more destinations listed, incl CPH when using the "Plan and book" sub menu. Strange website!

Edit II: CPH only appears in the "From" list of destinations, not in the "To" list. Nutters!

Edit III: I get it, you have to book BKK-AMM and AMM-CPH as seperate flights, their site can't do BKK-AMM-CPH. 

Edit IV: Booking 2 separate tickets list a price way higher than the 53K baht on skyscanner. They can keep their dates and Stefan Pichler can run this airline into the ground if he wish.

RJ2.jpg

Edited by ExpatOilWorker

Currently seeing BKK>LHR>BKK on Malaysian for £1300 and on Turkish for £1400 in business. Both are fairly decent airlines though Turkish may involve longer stopovers. Lots of availability all this year.

Turkish also doing many other EU destinations for £100+ less.

I'm thinking about a trip to Vegas in June to visit friends and this is the challenge to you guys. Find me the cheapest ticket, doesn't matter which airline or class. Or if I have to stop over 1 night . Any dates in June is fine, minimum 1 week. Departure must be from BKK.

I was looking BKK to LAX fares last night for June, and oddly came across a quote from a Sichuan Airline for 18,000+ RT, which is really low. In looking at the details, at least one segment appeared to have 2 stops and total something beyond 40+ hours.

I have no idea what Sichuan Airlines is, other than presumably being a Chinese carrier. But you said, cheapest ticket, doesn't matter what airline or class.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, balo said:

I'm thinking about a trip to Vegas in June to visit friends and this is the challenge to you guys. Find me the cheapest ticket, doesn't matter which airline or class. Or if I have to stop over 1 night . Any dates in June is fine, minimum 1 week. Departure must be from BKK.

Wouldn’t it be fair and helpful to say what the lowest fare is that you have researched so far? I assume you did at least a minimum of homework on this, didn’t you?

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/28/2018 at 12:07 PM, KittenKong said:

Currently seeing BKK>LHR>BKK on Malaysian for £1300 and on Turkish for £1400 in business. Both are fairly decent airlines though Turkish may involve longer stopovers. Lots of availability all this year.

Turkish also doing many other EU destinations for £100+ less.

hi what dates were you looking at, and on which site

3 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Try here: https://matrix.itasoftware.com

Lots of business class dates for Turkish air over the summer.

looking at 6/9 out 28/9 return , gulf at £1544, kuwait at £1716, turkish £1929, but showing at £1278 on skyscaner, Malaysia not showing at all on Matrix but £1775 on skyscanner. - https://matrix.itasoftware.com/#view-flights:research=BKKLON-LONBKK

that why i was wondering where kittenkong was looking and what dates she had for MH at £1300

21 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I was looking BKK to LAX fares last night for June, and oddly came across a quote from a Sichuan Airline for 18,000+ RT

That's interesting , thanks , I will have a look at that . 

I have looked at fares already , and they all seem to be around the same $700 + . That's why I was just looking for suggestions , maybe some airlines I have missed,  thanks to John for the information about Sichuan . 

I have to meet some family in Naples, Italy in December.  I have just started looking at flights and it looks like the best value (time and $) will be the new Air Italy non-stop route to Milan and then a train down to Naples.  A flight shows up on Kayak and some 3rd party sellers Dec 15-31 return for ~640$ but it doesnt show up as an option on Air Italy's site yet.

Any other suggestions?  Thanks in advance!

https://newsroom.aviator.aero/air-italy-launches-milan-malpensa-bangkok/

that why i was wondering where kittenkong was looking and what dates she had for MH at £1300

I was looking at Kayak and both airlines showed up on there. I looked at a few dates dotted around the year.
The MH fares were promotional in their sale which I think has now ended, and were for 7-30 day trips only. Validity was until March 2019 though.
The Turkish fares do not seem to be promotional at all. Just low prices for normal tickets.

On 30.4.2018 at 1:20 PM, CarolinaJames said:

A flight shows up on Kayak and some 3rd party sellers Dec 15-31 return for ~640$ but it doesnt show up as an option on Air Italy's site yet.

There was a similar case described in another post recently where a flight could be booked via the 3rd party sites but not yet introduced to their own site.

Just sloppiness I assume.

(the other case was Royal Jordanian new flight to Copenhagen, very similar, post #129)

Just checked AirItaly site: indeed no Bangkok selectable.

Then go through skyscanner: available and let's you select AirItaly.

Redirected, AI site shows prices (very cheap) but if you try to select: not available :biggrin:

Edited by KhunBENQ

Those prices are back on Malaysian's own site, but not on Kayak. The sale ends on May 6.

Example: BKK<>LHR outwards Jun 13 return Jul 02 in "Business Smart" (Z class) at 53,100B total.

Conditions apply, but surprisingly these are quite reasonable.

• 2 weeks later...