Heads Up For A New Alternative Visa Run Route, Or Weekend Away

Just notice , Air Asia are now flying from Surat Thani to Kuala Lumpur, 3 times a week, looked at some random dates and it was quoting 2,210 THB including Taxes ect ect Return !

Beats the run to Penang , and a far lot cheaper !, also good for boarding crossings !, as you only need to travel by road to Surat Thani, or even if you want to do a bit of shopping and get away, as still half the price of a one wy ticket with Rip Off Air to Bangkok

Edited by Boater
  • Like 2

Air Asia are quoting Surat Thani as ( samui ) , so hopefully they will have a sceduled bus/mini van service from samui for passengers ...

i suppose it is a step in the right direction , and i can see the flights being full, all they need now is a route from Surat Thani to Singapore and HK,

Air Asia are quoting Surat Thani as ( samui ) , so hopefully they will have a sceduled bus/mini van service from samui for passengers ...

i suppose it is a step in the right direction , and i can see the flights being full, all they need now is a route from Surat Thani to Singapore and HK,

I think you'll need to get to Don Sak as usual, doubt they'd be running bus/mini van pick-up service from Samui

As I have been looking at this, here are the basic details for those interested: (although check yourself to be certain!wink.png )

Outbound Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. 12.20 - 14.55

Inbound Tuesday Thursday and Saturday. 11.20 - 11.50

Promo prices from THB 790 single. Add taxes and fuel surcharge outbound 500 and 430 inbound. Before any extras for seat choices etc etc.

Ordinary prices are THB 1170 single.

So, that makes a return trip THB 2510 - 3270 depending on fare chosen.

Firefly is priced at about THB 8500 return. But you only have to stay over one night on this trip and don't need to get to Surat. Airasia means staying 2 nights.