Type "O" In Singapore

American, age 44.

I have done the type "O" in KL and it was really easy.

Ive been working abroad and will need a new visa in the next few months. I looked at the RTE website for Singapore.

It states I have to show a flight ticket out of Thailand, Can anyone verify that. Seems an odd requirement for a "O" (marriage)

Also, will RTE-S accept 40K baht monthly, or do the want 400K in the bank for 60 days?

I understand, these things change as often as the clerk behind the window.

Done KL and if it was up to me, i'd probably go back there. However, neither of us have been to Singapore, so...

Thank.

Unless you can contact them directly I would advise another trip to KL and perhaps from there to Singapore for vacation as KL is a known factor. 100k in any bank account is the requirement. Singapore appears to be OK for Singapore citizens but not always friendly to others.

Thanks- Sound advice. Was reading through the posts and was getting that feeling.

Funny. I was getting wound up about this plane ticket thing, until I remembered Air Asia flights are only about 1500 baht.

Somehow my mind was stuck on those 30K Qatar Airway tickets.

Again. Thanks

One a side note. I read that a guy had success, but he included a letter from his wife, written in English. Im not arguing the guys success. But why would a Thai write a letter to a Thai, in English? Other than TiT?

Anyways. I been away from the forums for a long time, health reasons.

As always, the sub-forums are invaluable.

Thanks

One a side note. I read that a guy had success, but he included a letter from his wife, written in English. Im not arguing the guys success. But why would a Thai write a letter to a Thai, in English? Other than TiT?

Anyways. I been away from the forums for a long time, health reasons.

As always, the sub-forums are invaluable.

Thanks

I was successful in Singapore last December. My wife's letter was in "Thai" not English.

Been getting the same non-imm O there for the past 8 years without a problem.