WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange to host TV show

News_Editor

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange to host TV show

2012-01-24 16:50:41 GMT+7 (ICT)

LONDON (BNO NEWS) -- Julian Assange, the founder of the controversial whistle-blowing website WikiLeaks, on Tuesday announced he will be hosting a series of TV specials to interview political figures about 'the world tomorrow'.

WikiLeaks said in a statement that the series. produced by Quick Roll Productions, will begin airing in mid-March in ten weekly half-hour episodes. It said 'initial licensing commitments' cover more than 600 million viewers across cable, satellite and terrestrial broadcast networks but gave no other details. It also asked broadcasters to contact them to license the series.

"Through this series I will explore the possibilities for our future in conversations with those who are shaping it," Assange said in the statement. "Are we heading towards utopia, or dystopia and how we can set our paths? This is an exciting opportunity to discuss the vision of my guests in a new style of show that examines their philosophies and struggles in a deeper and clearer way than has been done before."

WikiLeaks said Assange will draw together 'controversial voices' from across the political spectrum to hear their views on the world tomorrow and their ideas on how to secure a brighter future. The website did not say which guests Assange plans to interview on his TV show.

Assange is currently fighting extradition from Britain to Sweden where he faces allegations of sexual molestation, unlawful coercion and rape. A London court dismissed Assange's appeal in November 2011 and he is expected to appeal the ruling in the United Kingdom's highest court next month.

The accusations are unrelated to Assange's work for the whistle-blowing website WikiLeaks which brought diplomatic earthquakes to the United States when it began releasing classified documents it had obtained. Assange has claimed the cases have been politically-linked, arguing that the sexual encounters with the two women in Sweden were consensual.

Wikileaks' first big scoop was on April 5, 2010, when it released a classified video which showed a 2007 U.S. helicopter attack in Iraq which left several civilians killed, including two unarmed Reuters journalists. Assange previously said he had been told to expect 'dirty tricks' from the Pentagon, including 'sex traps' to ruin his reputation.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2012-01-24

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how many people died horribly in various government cellars around the world as a result of this mans ego trip?

A freak show.

Jerry Springer has nothing on him.

Have people died horribly around the world in Government cellars because of Jerry Springer? Wow, every day's a school day.

I wonder how many people died horribly in various government cellars around the world as a result of this mans ego trip?

A freak show.

Probably none, of more significance are the number of people around the world that died horribly in Government cellars as a result of covert illegal renditions by various Government secret services, which wikileaks does it's best to expose.

I personally know of several people who dissapeared after the Wikileaks blew their cover. This man is responsible for the deaths of who knows how many people. He is an anemy combatant in the war on terror, not a hero.

he should be given the nobel peace prize! jap.gif

Why not? The award is meaningless now that they sell it to the highest bidder. He has spun his Wiki Leaks fame into who knows how large a personal fortune. Good sheep. Keep sending him money on PayPal.

A freak show.

Probably none, of more significance are the number of people around the world that died horribly in Government cellars as a result of covert illegal renditions by various Government secret services, which wikileaks does it's best to expose.

Seconded.

• Like 1

This man is responsible for the deaths of who knows how many people. He is an enemy combatant in the war on terror, not a hero.

Hopefully he will pay for his sins in a big way.

I dispair.

What .........sins?

What is "paying for them in a big way"?

What is....being "responsible for who knows how many deaths"? Is that none, or one or several thousand

Perhaps if Assange has been responsible for someones death for saying something he never should have then hang him and set precedent, then we can have George W, Cheney, Rumsfeld and Blair.

• Like 2

This man is responsible for the deaths of who knows how many people. He is an enemy combatant in the war on terror, not a hero.

Well they have already tried to "frame" him with dirty tricks.

Funnily enough sheeple like yourself fall for it EVERYTIME.

You don't need to frame him. He openly admits to engaging a treasonous American soldier in international espionage. He stole the secrets of a sovereign state and published them for personal profit. It's no accident that all five major world newspapers who initially backed him, renegged when they saw the information he was trying to publish. We seem to forget that he only posted to WikiLeaks with the appeal for paypal after his original buyers backed out. We will never know how many people were killed as a result. People who just dissapear do just that. We may never know what heppened to them. This man is a spy. What is worse is he didn't spy to advance a national ethos. He spied in unapologetic attempt at self promotion. There is nothing to fall for. He has established himself as an enemy combatant, in a declared war. He is not an A-Hole...I am an A-hole...Assange is a terrorist.

A freak show.

I personally know of several people who dissapeared after the Wikileaks blew their cover. This man is responsible for the deaths of who knows how many people. He is an anemy combatant in the war on terror, not a hero.

You know of several people who have disappeared? Are you also a member of the SAS but can't talk about it because of the official secrets act?

The whole world has pondered this dichotomy and here we are on TV, with someone who personally knows several people who have disappeared because of Julian Assange.

Edited to add, the more I read your post the funnier it gets. Thanks

Glad I could help.

assange is an asshol_e

The world is full of them, but that is not the qualifying criteria to be handed over to the United States of Orwell to be jailed for life. If it were indeed the qualifying criteria, TV would lose 40% of its daily posts.

i'm just saying..

i'm not against wikileaks in the slightest obv but he himself is a megalomaniac, with his comments about how if people were killed because they were named on wikileaks, it was their own fault

but i think he put it more crudely than that.

Edited by nurofiend

A freak show.

war on terror! clap2.gif

he should be given the nobel peace prize! jap.gif

Why not? The award is meaningless now that they sell it to the highest bidder. He has spun his Wiki Leaks fame into who knows how large a personal fortune. Good sheep. Keep sending him money on PayPal.

interesting you mention paypal considering they blocked payments to him. Right enough many conspiracy theorists say he is a CIA man.

I would be interested in knowing what people's opinion of him as a talk show host would be? I haven't got a lot of interest in him, but what little I've seen, he seems to not fit the usual profile of someone who would provide a stimulating show.

LONDON (BNO NEWS) -- Julian Assange, the founder of the controversial whistle-blowing website WikiLeaks, on Tuesday announced he will be hosting a series of TV specials to interview political figures about 'the world tomorrow'.

OK, I admit it, I was wrong. I thought Assange's whole extradition act was just to drum up a book or movie deal when in the end he got a TV show instead - at least so far.

most probably these people deserved to disappear if indeed Wikileaks blew their cover.

interesting is that UG promoted him from "anemy combatant" to "enemy combatant". now waiting patiently for the final promotion to "enemy combattant". any takers?

coffee1.gif

• Like 2