Where To Cross Cambodia Border From Koh Samed?

masakart

I must get my second entry (60days) tourist visa before February 6. I plan to go to Samed for a few days around that time.

1- Which is the closest cambodian border from Samed?

2- Best by road or by sea?

3- Will I get my second entry (60 days of a double entry made it by Thai embassy in Italy) or will I face any problems?

Thanks for help.

#1: Had Lek, a short songthaew ride from Trat

#2: nothing by sea; probably best to go back from Samet (Ban Phe) to Rayong and then to Trat by bus, then onwards by songthaew

#3: should be okay getting your second entry; no problems other than touts and "special" charges you might have to try avoiding

• Like 1

Had Lek is not a short songtaw ride from Trat it's a good 45 min to an hour from the Tesco junction, however the road is generally good.

Ban-Lam border crossing which is Chantaburi - Battambang might be worth considering, relatively easy to get to Chantaburi and this crossing might actually be quicker to get to.

There is another thread here

Edited by mrtoad
  • Like 1

If the reason you are going to Samet is for an "Island experience" then I would strongly recommend going to Koh Chang instead which is 1000 times more beautiful and 1000 times cheaper then Samet.

Also what the posters here are talking about is a town called "Trat" that is basically the town where you depart from to catch the ferry to Koh Chang but is also the hub for doing border runs to Cambodia as said: "Had Lek" but do NOT take a songtaew there. Take a mini van unless you enjoy the open air concept which I do as I am a smoker. Takes about 1 hour to get to the border. When you do your visa thing then check out the market on the Thai side which has a lot of cool cheap stuff to buy and then just get back on any of the mini vans or songteaws that are parked there going back to Trat.

• Like 1

If the reason you are going to Samet is for an "Island experience" then I would strongly recommend going to Koh Chang instead which is 1000 times more beautiful and 1000 times cheaper then Samet.

Also what the posters here are talking about is a town called "Trat" that is basically the town where you depart from to catch the ferry to Koh Chang but is also the hub for doing border runs to Cambodia as said: "Had Lek" but do NOT take a songtaew there. Take a mini van unless you enjoy the open air concept which I do as I am a smoker. Takes about 1 hour to get to the border. When you do your visa thing then check out the market on the Thai side which has a lot of cool cheap stuff to buy and then just get back on any of the mini vans or songteaws that are parked there going back to Trat.

Thanks. The reson for Samed is becouse some friends are there and my idea was to go first there for a few days and then to border 1 day....just not to make all in one day Bkk-Cambodia-Bkk......but ive found interesting the advice for Koh chang.