60 Day Extension Based On Marriage

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Just tagging onto this thread with a quick question or two.

I am on an O Class visa which I was going to get extended based on marriage, but was too late getting the funds into the bank. So, I was told that I can get the visa extended for an extra 60 days during this extension period my money would have aged enough for me to apply for the year extension. Is this correct?

Secondly, if this is correct what paperwork do you need to get the 60 day extension?

Thanks

Edited by KhonJaiYen

Yes, you can get an extra 60 days based on your marriage.

Best is to phone the immirgation office as requirements differ a bit per office. but normally it is marriage certificate, passport, arrival card, pass photo, ID card wife, house book wife, and the wife herself.

I'll post this here as, there is some similar information.

My work permit expires at the end of this month 30th Sept and also my visa does of course. They are sorting a new contract but I am worried this will not be done in time as not much is here and it doesn't help that 30th is a sunday. I am married to a Thai national and am thinking that maybe a extension based on marriage maybe better.

so can anyone tell me the process for this? and the requirements?

Or shall I just get a 60 day extension and then when the WP is in place get the extension based on that. Sorry for all the questions as this is my first full renew, I came in on a non-imm B single entry if that helps

Marriage one year extension requires 400k in bank account in your name 2 months or 40k per month income. Also normal ID/home register/passport copies and photos together and application together and a month or more under review period..

Only retirement extensions get immediate approval. Thai wife extensions require review of submitted paperwork at higher levels so you get a temporary stamp to return in 30 days or so to get the final stamp. In almost all cases this is just routine (unless you get divorced in that period). But it is an extra trip required.

If the property is not where wife is listed on home register yes some proof will be required. Some will also require the owner or other people to accompany you and wife for the application - it varies from office to office and even within office.

I recently went to Australia to get a new Non-Immi O visa based on marriage, but was too incapacitated to get to the Thai Consulate in Sydney. I had to return to CM or lose my flight, so I have entered on a 30 day stamp. Can I extend this at CM Immi office for 60 days based on marriage?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We went on the 3rd, and were processed by a nice lady (who loved our daughter), and I got an extension until December 12 for the above stated 1,900 Baht.

I took too much paperwork/copies, but the official just took what she needed.

Thanks again for everyone's advice.

They do not issue Non Imm O Visas.

Your 60 day extension will cost 1,900 bht

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Thaivisa Connect App

Incorrect Immigrations can convert any entry stamp into a non-O of you qualify for 1 year extension of stay.

Cost is 2000 baht , but not all immigrations office can do it and will send you to Bangkok.

Correct that you can get 60-day extension based on marriage for 1900 baht.

From Police order 777/2551

2.24 In the case of an alien visiting a Thai spouse or child:

Permission will be granted for a period of not more than 60 days at a time.

(1) Proof of relationship.

(2) In the case of a spouse, their marital relationship shall be de jure (legitimate) and de facto.

• 2 months later...

When I got my 60 day extension based on marriage, the nice lady at Chiang Mai Immi told me that when it expired, I would have to leave the country, so maybe CM Immi only grant these once every 12 months.

I am now doing border runs to Mae Sai-can I get an extension on a land entry stamp? (I have it in my head it is 7days for 1900 baht)

Sorry to drift off topic, but how strict are they with only granting 3x 14 day Stamp on Entrys. Could I get a 4th or even a 5th one?

Actually CM might limit the 60 day extension to one per year as that was the previous policy (rules said one time only) so most limited to once a year but current rules do not mention in the same language so most places will provide on any entry, at least a few times.

If you are married I would visit Savannakhet to obtain a multi entry non immigrant O visa if you can not actually extend your stay yearly using the 400k bank deposit or 40k income methods. They currently do not require financials and such a visa would get you a new 90 day entry on any border crossing for the one year it is valid.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I am in Phuket on a 30 day visa exemption. I live in a defacto relationship (18 years, but not registered marriage) and have a 15 year old son ( my name on birth certificate). My visa expires on 30th, am I able to get the visa extension of 60 days or even better would it be possible get conversion to 'o' visa, I can qualify with funds and am also over 50.

I have had several multi o visas before but Perth office now closed. I have been working in a neighboring ASEAN country but contract now complete and I am intending to have an extended holiday with family.

Yes you can get the 60 day extension without a problem.

In order to get the one year extension you would need custody of your child granted by a Thai court. Have 400K bath in the bank or 40K baht income.

You could get a single entry non-o visa with just birth certificate at a nearby embassy or consulate and then do another 60 day extension if you need more time to get custody of your child.

You are also eligible to get a retirement extension if you have 800K baht in the bank for 60 days or 65K baht income.

Edited by ubonjoe

Hi Ubon joe, just wondering why I will need custody of my son, I am his legal father, I personally registered his birth, and his mother and I are still in an ongoing relationship. He has my surname not his mothers.

Would I not be better to go for visa on retirement grounds, I have the required money in bank.

Immigration are requiring custody for the extensions. They also do not recognize the birth certificate as proof of parenthood unless the parents were married when the child was born.

The written rules do not call out for this but immigrations head office set this rule beyond what the police order says.

The same rule now also applies for those wanting multiple entry non-o's.

If you can get the retirement extension that would certainly be the easiest route.

Edited by ubonjoe

Hi Ubon joe, just wondering why I will need custody of my son, I am his legal father, I personally registered his birth, and his mother and I are still in an ongoing relationship. He has my surname not his mothers.

No, you are not the legal father of your child.

Please read this topic on how you can legalize your child.

Hi, went to the Phuket immigration yesterday with copies of everything and letters from bank. Filled out the forms to change from exempt to o visa and then retirement extension of 1 year, but alas my money was in a joint account and although was more than double the 800 required, they don't accept joint accounts. The officer told me to go to the bank, move 800 to my personal account and he would issue o visa, then come back after 60 days and would then give me the 1 year extension.

Went back to the bank yesterday afternoon, transferred money, new letter and back at immigration first thing this morning. Forty five minutes later I am the holder of a 3 month o visa.

So in two months I wil be back to finish the process. But very happy with results so far and thanks for the forums help.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi

Just tagging onto this thread with a quick question or two.

I am on an O Class visa which I was going to get extended based on marriage, but was too late getting the funds into the bank. So, I was told that I can get the visa extended for an extra 60 days during this extension period my money would have aged enough for me to apply for the year extension. Is this correct?

Secondly, if this is correct what paperwork do you need to get the 60 day extension?

Thanks

About 6 months late :-) but I don't think this is possible. IMHO the o-visa can be extended for 60 days but the 1 year extension will not be granted because it's not possible to get an extension on an extension. Or am I wrong?