60 Day Extension Based On Marriage

You are wrong. That indeed is what most of us do - I have not had a visa for more than a decade - we continue to extend.

Very happy to be wrong! I guess I confused this with getting a work permit on a 60 day extension, which is not possible AFAIK?

Thanks a lot.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

surely these full page extension stamps will fill most ppls passports within a decade..?

my last 10 yr extended passport was full within 4 yrs!!!

i was just ggiven 60 days extension on a 30 day visa exempt stamp and was told before it expires to do a border run for 15/30 day stamp OR apply for TR visa and then extend that when it runs out ad infinitum.

i was also told that my child must accompany me to extend based on their birth certificate, when i asked why, a supervisor came over and said that a photo with myself and said child would be enough 'this time' but next time i must bring the child to be photographed with myself for the extension.

im now looking at o visas and the requirements. one of which being 400k in the bank..

im hoping to find something cheaper than 25000+ ed visa but its not as easy as it should be

If you were married when your child was born and have some proof of custody you can get an extension of stay with 400K baht in the bank or 40K baht income.

If not married at birth you would need to have a Thai court legitimize you as the father.

You can also get a multiple entry non-o visa if you are the legal father of the child and can show proof of custody.

Edited by ubonjoe