Best Isp For Dialup

stevehaigh

Hi Steve, ISP's vary from place to place. We found that the ji-net was pretty awful, t-net unlimited could be good (when the island wasn't busy that is) and CS Loxinfo was the best (you get what you pay for). Are you too far from thong Sala for DSL? You can get DSL for between 800-900 month

:D I've been using Ji-net unlimited with *999 on TT&T and it works very well, always connect, but breaks from time to time. I had used Pacific Internet for a few years with great success but they only have the 1222 line and with TT&T, it's hard to get on during peak times, as there are many more kids online now then ever before. If you have TOT, it's okay with Pacific and can stay on 12 hours at a time. Now, I'll make a one year contract with Ji-net non-stop @ 2900 a year so that is inexpensive. I'm out in Sa Kaeo Province close to Cambodia. The high speed ADSL at the inexpensive price from Maxnet blocks the VOIP and P2P sites so that takes the fun out of surfing, I believe. And soon maybe P2P will finish anyway. I :o I don't experience freezing up as one man said with Ji-net. It all depends on your computer also with freezing, I think.

Hi Steve, ISP's vary from place to place. We found that the ji-net was pretty awful, t-net unlimited could be good (when the island wasn't busy that is) and CS Loxinfo was the best (you get what you pay for). Are you too far from thong Sala for DSL? You can get DSL for between 800-900 month

i'm in seathanu, i don't think we can get DSL here. who should i ask? TOT or TT&T?

TT&T. I think you have to be 4-5 km from town. It is worth it to ask tho. Let me get the number of the local guy and I'll pm it to you later (its on my husbands phone and I have no idea what his name is!).

TT&T. I think you have to be 4-5 km from town. It is worth it to ask tho. Let me get the number of the local guy and I'll pm it to you later  (its on my husbands phone and I have no idea what his name is!).

Come on sbk! All these years and you still don't know what your husband's name is?

:D I've been using Ji-net unlimited with *999 on TT&T and it works very well, always connect, but breaks from time to time.  I had used Pacific Internet for a few years with great success but they only have the 1222 line and with TT&T, it's hard to get on during peak times, as there are many more kids online now then ever before.  If you have TOT, it's okay with Pacific and can stay on 12 hours at a time.  Now, I'll make a one year contract with Ji-net non-stop @ 2900 a year so that is inexpensive.  I'm out in Sa Kaeo Province close to Cambodia. The high speed ADSL at the inexpensive price from Maxnet blocks the VOIP and P2P sites so that takes the fun out of surfing, I believe.  And soon maybe P2P will finish anyway.  I :o I don't experience freezing up as one man said with Ji-net.  It all depends on your computer also with freezing, I think.

I would be wary of buying anything that depended on it still working for a whole year without breaking down. Things are just not reliable here, including sellers ability or wish to support their products.