Electric Bill Payment

sunshinegirl

7-11 still takes them...you must be past the due date so you will have to go to the elec. co. office to pay, which is on Central Road in the middle of the block between 3rd and 2nd Roads (just down from the TOT office).

No not overdue just in yesterday. To be paid by 1st Feb. Been to 2 7/11 in Jomtien and they said they no longer take electrcity payments. They still take water.

Thanks for address

Edited by sunshinegirl

There was a Jomtien office that opened a couple of years ago, somewhere around Soi 7 -- I only saw the newspaper coverage, never the actual office. Unless they moved to Chaiyapruek, they're probably still there.

Difficult to imagine that 7-11 gave up an easy cash-cow deal - not to mention attracting more business into their stores.

It would be good to get some additional confirmation on this turn of events in case it's just another basic TiT incident . . . smile.png

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies. Will get hubby to go up to Chaiyapruek to pay it this time. Its was certainly a lot handier paying at 7-11.Hopefully be just a temp thing. They said you can still pay the water there. Didnt give a reason why they cant take electricity now... Someone at my hubbys work said you can pay them in Tesco Lotus as well.

Unfortunately cant do it dirrect debit as we need validated receipt for hubbys work.

Thanks for the replies. Will get hubby to go up to Chaiyapruek to pay it this time. Its was certainly a lot handier paying at 7-11.Hopefully be just a temp thing. They said you can still pay the water there. Didnt give a reason why they cant take electricity now... Someone at my hubbys work said you can pay them in Tesco Lotus as well.

Unfortunately cant do it dirrect debit as we need validated receipt for hubbys work.

Yes, all the major shopping super-stores, I.e., Big C, Lotus, etc., have bill payment counters. Look/ask for the Counter Service outlet.

I paid mine at 7/11 yesterday evening.

But I am not in Jomtien. Is this a local thing confined to your local 7/11 ??

i heard that some 7-11 were restricting payment acceptance of electric bills in certain high crime locations to cut down their target risk of a robbery

The electric company on P. Klang refused to take my money 3 weeks ago (they had taken it before) and told me I had to go to Banglamung to pay it. As I have no transport of my own I paid motorbike taxi to go pay it for me, cost me B175.

You can ask at the electric company to take the money direct from your account.

My elec is still in the last owner's name but I asked if the bill could be paid from my account and they said yes.6 years now.No problem.

yes, this is easy to arrange. Just go the bank with your bill (don't have to be under your name) and passbook (must be under your name). Fill up a form (usually avail at your bank, but sometime they run out, have to obtain from the electric company). The bank countersign that they have verified your bank details and signiture. The completed form is then send back back to Electric company (by yourself, or via the bank) Done. It may miss the next cycle, but the follwong cycle, your electric bill will have indication that they have already taken money from your bank account.

On the save side, I would open a NEW bank account. So when I move, other than notifying the electic company to stop taking money from my account (fill a simple form at the electric company office), I also close the bank account (or at least empty it).

The completed form is then send back back to Electric company (by yourself, or via the bank) Done. It may miss the next cycle, but the following cycle...

...you might sit sweating in the dark, sipping warm beer because the electric company has cut you off dry.png

A friend suggested that he thinks electric bills can be paid at any bank. Can anyone confirm if this is possible?

Well up to last month this was not possible via Bangkok Bank in Pattaya as the Pattaya electric company were not on their list of providers but the Bangkok Electric Company was. In addition I received my electric bill this morning so after lunch went down to the 7/11, no can do! have to go electric company or Tesco! went to the electric company on Chaipuk 2, no can do until Monday, apparently you have to wait a day so it appears on their system, and of course they are closed Saturdays , went up the road to Tesco and paid it no problem! TIT

According to the girl who processes the electric bills in the building in Jomtien where live -- the active period for paying the bills is from the 27th to the 5th of the month. If she's correct, possibly the 7-11 system only accepts bills in that date range. I just received my January bill and the dates 27 and 5 are clearly stated at the bottom of the bill (along with some Thai gibberish) ohmy.png

Bills cannot be paid at Electric Company on the day they were issued as I said above you have to wait one day for them to update their system the problem at the moment is as explained before, the 7/11 have a problem with corrupt barcodes so for the time being its either Tesco or Electricity Office. Tried Kasicorn Bank and they declined. Normally their is a window of seven days where you can pay at 7/11, after that its to the Electricity Office but for the time being that option is not available.