Electric Bill Payment

sunshinegirl

So, based on the most recent reports-- the whole boondoggle was a result of people trying to pay their bill at 7-11 outside the authorized January 27 to February 5 payment window. Case closed?

Sorry my authorised date is 25th January to 3rd February. Tried to pay 26th. As stated above there seems to have been corrupt bar codes on some of them.

Does some thai onlinebank support paying Pattaya electricbills without autodebit setup?

At some ATM:s i have seen barcode readers..Is it possible to pay electric using these special ATM.s?

Btv Tops also take electric bills..

Edited by thaitero

I pay mine using Internet Banking, they send me a receipt in the post,....

What name is on the receipt? The name of the payer or of the meter owner? Or none at all?

I ask because this could be a suitable way of getting address ID for banks.

My electric bill contains nothing even remotely resembling my name, and the address part is in Thai anyway which makes it totally useless as address ID.

You can ask at the electric company to take the money direct from your account.

My elec is still in the last owner's name but I asked if the bill could be paid from my account and they said yes.6 years now.No problem.

A very good option if you have a Thai bank account.

What name is on the receipt? The name of the payer or of the meter owner? Or none at all?

My electric bill contains nothing even remotely resembling my name, and the address part is in Thai anyway which makes it totally useless as address ID.

You can use it with a certified translation.

Yes, it's the name of the meter holder, which is my landlord, and yes, the address is in Thai.

Edited by theoldgit

You can use it with a certified translation.

Only if the name is correct, which apparently it wont be.

The extra cost of translation is something I would like to avoid, of course, especially as it would have to be repeated every time new ID is required.

7-11 still takes them...you must be past the due date so you will have to go to the elec. co. office to pay, which is on Central Road in the middle of the block between 3rd and 2nd Roads (just down from the TOT office).

Just a note on this office if anybody is thinking of paying there - you cannot as it is currently closed. I found out on Friday as I had forgotten and went to pay. Ended up paying in BIG C as I was going there but did not try 7-11.

• 5 months later...

Normally you can still pay at 7/11. If not it may be either because your bill is overdue or because there is some specific problem in the branch you tried. In the latter case try another 7/11 in a different part of town or pay directly at the electricy company.

Talked to the meter man a while back, there was a brief period where you could not pay at 7/11, because they where switching barcodes. I didn’t get the part where he was telling me this was a change by 7/11 or PEA.

Chaiyapuek 2 is a 40 thb motorbike ride from jomtien's beach road ( return), this is by far better that going down to the headoffice in banglamung.! Good thing that they changed that.

Hi. I think about using this option because I may be absent at some times next months.

What is the way to get it?

I imagine a form at the Electric Company to be then given at my bank?

or maybe first an authorisation at my Bank to be given at Electric Company?

Hi. I think about using this option because I may be absent at some times next months.

What is the way to get it?

I imagine a form at the Electric Company to be then given at my bank?

or maybe first an authorisation at my Bank to be given at Electric Company?

If you have an Siam Commercial Bank (SCB) account, go to your home branch and they will have the form there and will fill out the relevant information and you will then take it to the Electric Company office located near the Bamlamung Amphur office and Police complex, off of Sukumvit, North of Naklua District

Automatic debits will usually start by the next bill, if you go soon after paying your bill manually. I changed automatic debit from my Kasikorn account to my SCB account and it only took two weeks for the change to take effect (as opposed to the water company which takes 4 months to start the auto debit)

And for some reason the PEA has moved the due date one day earlier.

For my.house it always used to be the 6 th of each month, for years already, now suddenly it's the 5th...

Looks like all over Pattaya as a friend living more then 10km away from me got caught out, trying to pay at 7/11 one day late not noticing the changed due date....

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Thaivisa Connect App

• Like 2

And for some reason the PEA has moved the due date one day earlier.

For my.house it always used to be the 6 th of each month, for years already, now suddenly it's the 5th...

Looks like all over Pattaya as a friend living more then 10km away from me got caught out, trying to pay at 7/11 one day late not noticing the changed due date....

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Thaivisa Connect App

you are correct Monty, i live on the lake like you and just checked my last bill and its changed from 6th to 5th

i bet the electric company HO is busy this month........

I give you the exact location of Jomtien Office because of a bad map founded on internet, i lost time because i was searching near golf's practice (i came from the railway road), it was not good.

Office is at just 200 meters from Shukumvit Road, look green arrow at the left of Soi Chayapruk.

http://goo.gl/maps/fKSb

Enjoy it

Edited by bazookaa

My elec is still in the last owner's name but I asked if the bill could be paid from my account and they said yes.6 years now.No problem.

My Electric, Water & TOT come straight out of my bank, have done this for about 3 years with no trouble.

If you are away, it is a set & forget situation.