Mai Sot Border Run'S

Slightly OT, sorry, but do you see any advantage to using Mae Sot, other than it is probably closer to where you live ? And, are they doing double-entry tourist visas ?

thanks, ~o:37;

I use M/S as it's only about 1.5 hour from me the other nearest Burma crossing is way up north. Could go to Loe but they put a bloody great Visa on one of the page's and lot's of stamp's on another three time's a year and the old passport will soon be filled up, it's also only 500bt for the Burma one and 1,500bt for the Loe one. If you mean can you obtain a double entry visa there well know, it's just a border crossing.

It seem's like every place has it's own rule's and by the look's of it different D/L TIT

Edited by fredob43

I went there just before christmas and thelady was pointing at my visa date and the new date she had put in, 14th March, now you would normally think get another 90 days, take me to mid june then another 90 days. I think she was telling me that I get one more in march and thats your lot, so the 15 months froma year may not on for too much longer, of course I could be mistaken but she was making a big fuss, like never before so keep you heads up. Burma side 10/10. Thai side fell short, well short in my opinion. My eyesight is not to good these days so had pre filled out the arrival/departure card, no, fill it in again, childish or what!

This is crazy i know. But the first licence is current for only 12 mths and i was told at the testing station, that if i renewed it on the day of expiration, it would only be reissued for 12 months. But if i renewed it the following day, it would be issued for 5 yrs. Is this typical Thai logic or what ?

Slightly OT, sorry, but do you see any advantage to using Mae Sot, other than it is probably closer to where you live ? And, are they doing double-entry tourist visas ?

thanks, ~o:37;

No, the immigration border point at Mae Sot is not "doing double-entry tourist visas". Visas are issued by Thai consulates and these are outside Thailand, eg in Vientiane, Savannkhet, Phnom Penh, Penang, Kuala Lumpur, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Got my 1 year DL on 21 March 2011. And of course it has the address printed on the back (second line of text below the magnetic strip).

Guess many foreigners simply do no not recognize it.

At every police check they turn the DL and do chat about my province/amphoe etc.

And I very much doubt there are major variations in the make of the DLs (no province/amphoe homemade creations).

Same standardization like the Thai ID card.

It might be on a 1year but it's not on my new type 5 year one 3 year's old There is nothing on the back "it's blank" except what I can drive and the M/strip. So their not all the same.

Well, it's on my 5 year license.

Mine too. Both licences for car and bike, which were issued two years ago.

Mae-Sot border run.

Anybody know the time span between handing in your passport upon exit, and returning to pick it up with a new entry stamp. I'm on a non-imm visa and just going there for a 90 day border run, but will be doing it as part of a bike ride and want the time spent there to be as little as possible. Can you pay a few $ for them to just stamp you in and out without having to cross the bridge into Burma?

It's the burmese side that you pay for the day pass, but I forget how long they want you to stay, can you do a quick in/out without leaving the booth?

I was there before it closed a few years ago and the Burmese side is an interesting town, but on the bike I just want to get stamped in and out as fast as possible.

Edited by red1green0