Sisaket Immigration - New Boss & New Rules - 6Hrs+1Mth For Extension

Does this KR2 annual renewal thing apply to Pattaya immigration as well? We were married in Surin, so would this mean my wife and son an I need to drive all the way back to Isaan to get a new one at the local government office!?

Edited by Replogle

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does this KR2 annual renewal thing apply to Pattaya immigration as well? We were married in Surin, so would this mean my wife and son an I need to drive all the way back to Isaan to get a new one at the local government office!?

If you married the previous 10 years you will be in the computer and you can get a fresh one at any Amphur.

If you married the previous 10 years you will be in the computer and you can get a fresh one at any Amphur.

Fair enough. Thank you for the prompt reply.

The KR3 has up-most value as it is your marriage certificate and without it you will not obtain a visa or extension of stay. The KR2 has recently been asked by many immigration offices as proof the marriage is ongoing and further proof the KR3 is not a forgery.

Hi Lopburi3, I never received the KR2 when we were married (14 yrs ago). I have been on work permit extensions here and have never applied for the dependancy/marriage visa.

What would be the correct course of action to obtain the KR2 in the event that i would want a marriage visa? Marriage was registered in Bkk and currently living in Phitsanulok

You could ask local district office if on there computer and get copy if it is - if not then you would have to travel to Bangkok to obtain from issuing district office. I am in same position as never got and changed to retirement extensions long before it started to be asked for Thai wife extension.

You could ask local district office if on there computer and get copy if it is - if not then you would have to travel to Bangkok to obtain from issuing district office. I am in same position as never got and changed to retirement extensions long before it started to be asked for Thai wife extension.

Cheers mate, I am down there next week and I will see what I can find out

Seeing this tread make me understand more about why I, araound 3 weeks ago, had not less than 3 policemen arriving in poice-car at me and my wifes home. I have stayed in this place (outside Khukhan) many times before for up to 8 months without this happening before. I'm here on a Non-immigrant Visa O. They arrived in the car, and parked beside our house, making a lot of our neghbours looking at us, wondering what was going on. They asked for my passport together with my marriage certificate and some other documents. They had brought a camera and one of them was busy taking pictures of the pages in passport, and the other documents my wife brought to them. They asked many questions to her about where I worked, how I could stay here without a job, what was my work here (none) etc.

They said they where doing this on behalf of Immigration officers since they didn't have time to go here in person. They was sitting here around half hour, chatting with my wife. I just sat looking them and said very little.

After they went from here, the neighbour came quickly to ask what was going on and what they wanted. It also turned out that they had talked with some people around here too around me and what I was doing here.

I'm still not fully sure why they came, since I have not seen this before.

But from reading this post, it seems like the new boss, is keeping a more watchful eye on the farangs in his province than before.

All in all I can only say that it's not a good feeling thinking how I may feel for my wife too, to get such attention on her up in this farmer-land.

Anyone else from Sisaket who have had similar encounters lately?

I know how you feel, not a warm and cozy experience in Sisaket these days. Just awful!

I have got my marriage visa renewal in Bangkok ( Sathon) and Srisaket for the last 6yrs and have never been asked for an updated KR2.

Seeing this tread make me understand more about why I, araound 3 weeks ago, had not less than 3 policemen arriving in poice-car at me and my wifes home. I have stayed in this place (outside Khukhan) many times before for up to 8 months without this happening before. I'm here on a Non-immigrant Visa O. They arrived in the car, and parked beside our house, making a lot of our neghbours looking at us, wondering what was going on. They asked for my passport together with my marriage certificate and some other documents. They had brought a camera and one of them was busy taking pictures of the pages in passport, and the other documents my wife brought to them. They asked many questions to her about where I worked, how I could stay here without a job, what was my work here (none) etc.

They said they where doing this on behalf of Immigration officers since they didn't have time to go here in person. They was sitting here around half hour, chatting with my wife. I just sat looking them and said very little.

After they went from here, the neighbour came quickly to ask what was going on and what they wanted. It also turned out that they had talked with some people around here too around me and what I was doing here.

I'm still not fully sure why they came, since I have not seen this before.

But from reading this post, it seems like the new boss, is keeping a more watchful eye on the farangs in his province than before.

All in all I can only say that it's not a good feeling thinking how I may feel for my wife too, to get such attention on her up in this farmer-land.

Anyone else from Sisaket who have had similar encounters lately?

I know how you feel, not a warm and cozy experience in Sisaket these days. Just awful!

It is not a new boss, but a new set of rules. Immigration is trying to route out Farangs that pretend to marry then just get back together for the day to renew their visa.

Most of these Farangs are from the Middle East and India.

The extra rules and hoop can be blamed on people that are trying to use the system.

This info comes right from the Big Boss in Bangkok!

Apart from the police reports, and your one day short of being within the 2 month requirement for funds in a bank account, and the length of time to apply, and photo's to small. Most of what you say is standard procedure for the first time anyone applies for a 1 year non immigration "O" Visa.

Six of one Half a dozen of the other of you ask me! I can understand New boss wants to throw his weight around acting the big I am. But why that is assumed to be racist as some have suggested is OTT imo

• Like 1

Apart from the police reports, and your one day short of being within the 2 month requirement for funds in a bank account, and the length of time to apply, and photo's to small. Most of what you say is standard procedure for the first time anyone applies for a 1 year non immigration "O" Visa.

Six of one Half a dozen of the other of you ask me! I can understand New boss wants to throw his weight around acting the big I am. But why that is assumed to be racist as some have suggested is OTT imo

The money in the bank was not one day short, the regulations say the money needs to be in the bank 60 days, it was 61 days. One more day would have made it 62 days. I agree a lot was standard except for the police reports, 1,000 fee for home inspection, 6 hours of office time.

gosompoi

Thank you for that Thread, an informative and funny read too.

I will, before marry never experience your problems as,

the Authorities just changed the rules for a NON Immigrant O based on beeing a father to a Thai child.

More and more I like the Immigration laws in Cambodia, where a One year Visa costs about 340 Dollar

and you not even have to go to Immigration yourself (Agents can do that), never have to leave the country for extension possibilitys.clap2.gif

I am 50 and have Thai children, but I am not married and not retired, so I have a chance for a Non Immigrant O?

Are you asking a question? If age 50 you have retirement option for one year extensions of stay. If children section 2.18:

(5) In the case of a parent, one of parents must have an average

annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a

money deposit of not less than 400,000 baht for expenses within

a year.

lopburi3

Thank you, -lopburi-, Yes a question.

I forgot already that possibility.

But for the moment that has to wait, as I cannot prove that deposit in a Thai Bank or in Thailand for the required

period of 2 - 3 month.

Have to apply for something and must leave the country 1.3.

So, I will try a Tourist Visa, or a Non Immigrant O, will call Vientiane first, as I have NO LEGAL CUSTODY now.wai.gif

You have a child? Is your visit to be with? There is a 60 day extenson of stay available for that reason.

2.24 In the case of an alien

visiting a Thai spouse or

child:

Permission

will be granted for a period

of not more than 60 days at

a time

(1) Proof of relationship.

(2) In the case of a spouse, their marital relationship shall be de

jure (legitimate) and de facto.