Yerba Mate

Somtamnication

I looked around Chiang Mai and so far not seen anything. I read the report on one of the ingredients killing Colon Cancer cells in vitro with just 1 cup per day. Science Daily .Then I also read an older story in the LA Times that cautioned against drinking too much of it as the natives (Argentinians I think) that drank it often had a higher incidence of other cancers. If you look at an old thread you will find reference to Chiang Mai and Yerba Mate tea. Apparently someone in Chiang Rai has a source for it, but has none in stock (as of 3 days ago, the 26th) I don't know if his prices are what you would call expensive or not. I guess if 1 cup a day has the potential to prevent colon cancer, and some think that might be a big if, then perhaps it is cheap. If you find any source I would be interested in learning of it.

Hi Kennalder.

Well, they drink it multiple times a day, so I presume, that if you drink something multiple times a day, it ain´t good for you.

When I was growing up down there, I never had it as a refreshing drink (tereré), but as a hot tea. So once a day will be brilliant for me.

And thanks for looking for me!!!!