Coming Out - Aged 60

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

No need to walk on eggshells.

He's 60 for chrissakes.

Just be authentic.

I wouldn't ask probing questions about his sexual history though unless he starts to talk about it himself.

Exactly!

37 minutes ago, petermik said:

Sorry but it would break my heart if my brother told me that.......

I would be annoyed , because I have no interest in any of my families sexuality or what they get up to .

Just keep it too yourself and no need to tell everyone as I am not interested at all .

Do whatever you want , but just keep it to yourself .

• Sad 3
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

55 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

No need to walk on eggshells.

He's 60 for chrissakes.

Just be authentic.

I wouldn't ask probing questions about his sexual history though unless he starts to talk about it himself.

This.

5 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

I would be annoyed , because I have no interest in any of my families sexuality or what they get up to .

Just keep it too yourself and no need to tell everyone as I am not interested at all .

Do whatever you want , but just keep it to yourself .

That's ridiculous in the context of brother being in a relationship with a man now. He's supposed to hide that and lie and say they're just golf buddies?

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

Is unclear if your brother has spoken directly to you about it or has just "let be known" . But either way I would just wait until there is an opportunity to let him know  and understand you are happy for him. And unless other people try to probe your opinion keep it as private information.

9 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

No need to lie about anything , just keep their sex life private .

Again you're being dense.

Saying you're in a same sex relationship is coming out.

• Confused 3

Invite him to Thailand and gift him a night in Boystown. Or if you want to celebrate together, go down to Soi 6 and he can use the same Bar just the "backentrace" from 6/1.

Now for real. I think its no big deal nowadays. However, like you I find it sad if he waited for a long time to do it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Haven't read thread ...

... Why would you need to say anything, unless he brings it up in conversation ?

... Do you ask your straight family or friends, how and when they knew they were straight ?

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, 0ffshore360 said:

Is unclear if your brother has spoken directly to you about it or has just "let be known" . But either way I would just wait until there is an opportunity to let him know  and understand you are happy for him. And unless other people try to probe your opinion keep it as private information.

Not spoken directly to me, spoke to my mother who passed it on. We only talk about once or twice a year, unless he is visiting here or I there.