A Day Trip To Khao Yai National Park And Wang Nam Kieaw

BigBikeBKK

That is a pretty cool camera setup

Would also be cool if you could face it backwards

& film the guys riding behind you from a frontal view

Cheers :)

Yeah, it's been a while but I did take some videos with the camera facing aft once and I thought it came out pretty good- you be the judge-

Happy Trails!

T

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a pretty cool camera setup

Would also be cool if you could face it backwards

& film the guys riding behind you from a frontal view

The other guys would have to slow down a whack to let him get to the front....couldn`t resist....a joke, no offence..

Yeah that was quite good. Would have been better if the guys in the back were more aggressive...but your on the road not the track I know. wink.png

Also after the 1 minute mark for a little bit it looked like you had it fork mounted. Nice angle there too

Thanks enjoyed it

Edited by flying

Yeah that was quite good. Would have been better if the guys in the back were more aggressive...but your on the road not the track I know. wink.png

Also after the 1 minute mark for a little bit it looked like you had it fork mounted. Nice angle there too

Thanks enjoyed it

Yeah, mounting it down low is a cool angle, BUT, by the time I got home the lense had been more or less "sand blasted" and had to be replaced...

How do you choose who goes in front...who 2nd and 3rd etc etc......is their a pecking order ? or is it the biggest baddest goes first...or a lucky draw ?

No rules, just out having fun; something it seems you know nothing about hit-the-fan.gif

What...being scared by a vigo....then taking it out on some monkies...then making a racket all through the park and peaceful countryside ??

How do you choose who goes in front...who 2nd and 3rd etc etc......is their a pecking order ? or is it the biggest baddest goes first...or a lucky draw ?

No rules, just out having fun; something it seems you know nothing about hit-the-fan.gif

What...being scared by a vigo....then taking it out on some monkies...then making a racket all through the park and peaceful countryside ??

Hmmm, ok I’m going to have to step out of character now, but I’m getting tired.

A Vigo weighs around 2 tons; if that Vigo veered across my lane i wouldn't be too happy either. As Tony said it was one of many videos he took during the day's ride and it wasn't captured and posted on T.V to show the world's scariest oncoming vehicle, you have just blown it out of proportion.

Secondly, is there a truckers’ forum on here? I ask because every truck we past drowned out our bikes, if there is you can go have a bitch on there too coffee1.gif

Not having a bitch...just stating a fact.

We live on the edge of the national park...very quiet and the noise we hear in the background the most....more than any trucks or buses or such is the gangs of so called super bikes riding up and down the road.

it should be illegal to ride something so small, yet so noise polluting...or someone should invent stick on mufflers that reduce the noise to something like a honda wave in quiet areas...in Bkk nobody gives a toss, make all the noise you want.

If you made less noise, kept your lights off during the day ..all would be good.

We live on the edge of the national park...very quiet and the noise we hear in the background the most....more than any trucks or buses or such is the gangs of so called super bikes riding up and down the road.

it should be illegal to ride something so small, yet so noise polluting...or someone should invent stick on mufflers that reduce the noise to something like a honda wave in quiet areas...in Bkk nobody gives a toss, make all the noise you want.

If you made less noise, kept your lights off during the day ..all would be good.

'kept your lights off during the day '

What's the point? All bikes sold in Thailand since 2010 have the headlights on permanently... that means they can not be turned off as they are a safety feature.. simple.coffee1.gif

Haven't you heard, Khao Yai is Bangkok's playground. You can expect more and more bikes and ATV's and 4-wheel caravans and fortunately most Thais seem to dig loud bikes and the opinions of the odd deranged farang aren't of any consequence. Let us know which side of the part you're on and we'll try and be extra loud for ya ;) No head lights?! How long have you been living in the jungle mate? Seems you're a bit out of touch with reality... :crazy:

Bonanza Circuit, just to the north of Khao Yai National Park is a beautiful (and dangerous) new track that's been more or less open for about a year now-

bonanza-speed-way-plan.jpg

Despite promises from the staff, the access road remains in horrible shape... But the track is coming along and hopefully some day it will be a quality facility-

Thanks enjoyed it

Yeah, mounting it down low is a cool angle, BUT, by the time I got home the lense had been more or less "sand blasted" and had to be replaced...

Ouch that is no good.

I am sure you have posted it when I did not frequent the forum so I will search but that whole camera setup is pretty cool.

Does a good & steady job of video capture. Not like the old helmet cam days which just had too much movement.

Haven't you heard, Khao Yai is Bangkok's playground. You can expect more and more bikes and ATV's and 4-wheel caravans and fortunately most Thais seem to dig loud bikes and the opinions of the odd deranged farang aren't of any consequence. Let us know which side of the part you're on and we'll try and be extra loud for ya wink.png No head lights?! How long have you been living in the jungle mate? Seems you're a bit out of touch with reality... crazy.gif

Outstanding member of society....no wonder you bikies....ooops....bikers....not quite up to the bikie standard are ya's just yet.....have such a poor reputation with your attitudes.

Next time you are near the park....please, look out for the big black vigo...and remember...stay left, next to the drain where you should be..

Haven't you heard, Khao Yai is Bangkok's playground. You can expect more and more bikes and ATV's and 4-wheel caravans and fortunately most Thais seem to dig loud bikes and the opinions of the odd deranged farang aren't of any consequence. Let us know which side of the part you're on and we'll try and be extra loud for ya wink.png No head lights?! How long have you been living in the jungle mate? Seems you're a bit out of touch with reality... crazy.gif

Outstanding member of society....no wonder you bikies....ooops....bikers....not quite up to the bikie standard are ya's just yet.....have such a poor reputation with your attitudes.

Next time you are near the park....please, look out for the big black vigo...and remember...stay left, next to the drain where you should be..

When riding solo I usually carry a small ball bearing in the back of my glove for use on road hogs and zoned out cagers. Nothing like a shattered windshield to get your attention, eh? crazy.gif

I'm fortunate to be on a bike- it's easy to move over and find an out. Imagine if you will that I was a tour bus and that Vigo came around the corner in my lane? What then genius?

Edited by BigBikeBKK

Here's a thought fer ya...why don't you just <deleted>? It's obvious that you don't know how to ride a motorcycle, yet have decided to come onto the motorcycle forum to tell us all to ride next to the drain where we belong. I also know how to drive a pickup truck. I do not think it is that difficult to go into a curve without crossing over the lines. Apparently the other drivers in the video except for the Vigo managed to do it just fine. If this happened to me when I was on my bike going into a curve this would freak me out too. This particular Vigo managed to correct himself. You never know if the next one is going to cross straight over and hit you head on.

Edited by submaniac
  • Like 1

Thanks Sub wai.gif

Really it's no big deal- ThaiVisa will always have trolls like "Samsiam" who like to whinge and complain because we're having too much fun and they are miserable.

Like I said in the video- if you ride in Thailand you have to EXPECT the unexpected. Cars and trucks crossing into your lane is an every day annoyance here in Thailand, but something you get used to and anticipate.

Happy Trails!

Tony smile.png

Edited by BigBikeBKK

When riding solo I usually carry a small ball bearing in the back of my glove for use on road hogs and zoned out cagers. Nothing like a shattered windshield to get your attention, eh? crazy.gif

I'm fortunate to be on a bike- it's easy to move over and find an out. Imagine if you will that I was a tour bus and that Vigo came around the corner in my lane? What then genius?

Keep digging your hole BBB...you are doing your clan proud.

Here's a thought fer ya...why don't you just <deleted>? It's obvious that you don't know how to ride a motorcycle, yet have decided to come onto the motorcycle forum to tell us all to ride next to the drain where we belong. I also know how to drive a pickup truck. I do not think it is that difficult to go into a curve without crossing over the lines. Apparently the other drivers in the video except for the Vigo managed to do it just fine. If this happened to me when I was on my bike going into a curve this would freak me out too. This particular Vigo managed to correct himself. You never know if the next one is going to cross straight over and hit you head on.

Is <deleted> bikie speak for I have me full leathers on now and I am well tough ??

I used to have bikes, Biggest was 750 and for sure you guys would not have been able to ride it, it was not a normal girly bike like the tin cans you see about in your gangs....but then I grew up.

Is <deleted> bikie speak for I have me full leathers on now and I am well tough ??

I used to have bikes, Biggest was 750 and for sure you guys would not have been able to ride it, it was not a normal girly bike like the tin cans you see about in your gangs....but then I grew up.

Grew up so much that headlights on during the day freak you out.

High beam if you can read proper like...

Liar. Anyone who has ever ridden a motorcycle wouldn't be spouting off such ignorance.

Edited by submaniac

You're getting a bit senile in your old age, aren't ya? Can't even remember what you wrote a day ago? :crazy:

Posted Yesterday, 19:59

Gotta wonder how OLD you are if daytime headlights freak you out so... violin.gif

'If you made less noise, kept your lights off during the day ..all would be good.'

No mention of high beams there.

'If you made less noise, kept your lights off during the day ..all would be good.'

No mention of high beams there.

Funny, back in the 80's I used to ride in LOS and just out of habit I rode with the light on during the day. Thais used to give me no end of grief over it, flashing lights, honking horns.

Finally I asked the bit of fluff why and she said it was because it wasted petrol...

I hope you do not ride during midday with your high beam on.

See quote above...guess you guys have trouble reading too...tis understandable with the attitude you display here.

Liar. Anyone who has ever ridden a motorcycle wouldn't be spouting off such ignorance.

Really....how far did you ride the first time you rode on a road all legal and licensed like ??

You're getting a bit senile in your old age, aren't ya? Can't even remember what you wrote a day ago? crazy.gif

Posted Yesterday, 19:59

Clan?! <deleted>? Am I Scottish now? crazy.gif

Hehehe...it's only when someone makes an accusation of being Scottish does Tony get offended. wink.png

LOLZ! Dun worry mate- I've been called far worse! :crazy:

You in town? Gonna hit the Bangkok Bike Festival this week?

Ride On!

Tony :)