How Fresh Are Our Eggs

meatboy

Eggs bought from the market.You should know that a fresh market,as known in civilised country's, is an oxymoron in Thailand.

I never buy ANY food in the market here.

Have you ever had a meal in a Thai restaurant in Thailand? If so, you have consumed food bought in markets. Have you ever been hospitalised for this?

Don't bother, Semper - as some just do not connect.

This same circle will always insist that their home [or akin] cuisine, food production and systems, and hygenic principles are superior and safe.....even if it isn't.

• Like 1

I lived on a farm for much of my life. All you have to do is shake the egg, if it is good, it will be solid. If you can feel/hear it sloshing around, then it's bad. You can also check to see if it sinks or floats. If the egg is getting old the yolk breaks easily and it is rather runny, it's still fine to eat.

Eggs should also be turned occasionally so that the yolk doesn't settle and stick to the side of the shell. It's best to keep them refrigerated.

I seldom shop at the market, but occasionally even from the best of places, you get a 'bad egg'. I usually break each egg individually into a small dish--nothing like making an omelet and have that last egg you break in the dish be rotten. Cracked eggs will go bad quicker.

Thailand is a warm country and some of these eggs are just not stored in the optimum conditions.

• Like 1

Duck eggs are quite nice if you've direct and very local access.

We have chooks [and geese] aplenty.....our Chinese-Khmer neighbor has grown a substantial gathering of domestic duck who are allowed to wonder.

On the occasion, we will find half-a-dozen freshly laid duck eggs. Taken up quickly, they add a very unique supplement. Rich and flavourful.

Edited by zzaa09

Eggs bought from the market.You should know that a fresh market,as known in civilised country's, is an oxymoron in Thailand.

Have you ever had a meal in a Thai restaurant in Thailand? If so, you have consumed food bought in markets. Have you ever been hospitalised for this?

Well if you consider the thousands of flies that sit on the meat at the market,and that have probably been on a few drolls already, as an extra source of nutrition then that's your problem

Well if you consider the thousands of flies that sit on the meat at the market,and that have probably been on a few drolls already, as an extra source of nutrition then that's your problem

And yet, no one falls ill.

So much for this illogical theory.

And yet, no one falls ill.

So much for this illogical theory.

This must be the most ignorant comment I have ever read,congratulations.

You want to say that there haven't been nummerous reports of people fallen ill after eating Thai food?

Let me give you one example to read,but there are tens maybe hundreds of cases reported on this forum alone.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/409356-food-poisoning-again/page__hl__ill%20from%20food%20poisining

You want to say that there haven't been nummerous reports of people fallen ill after eating Thai food?

Let me give you one example to read,but there are tens maybe hundreds of cases reported on this forum alone.

http://www.thaivisa....ood%20poisining

Sorry, not buying your subscription.

You might try elsewhere.

Those whom might be fooled easily.