Mystery Restaurant

praglen

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be nice to hear some reports on the food and dining experiences from people who have actually eaten at both places as opposed to continuing the various "mysteries" of the mystery restaurants . . . licklips.gif

I agree SurfRider. People should not judge a resturant if they have never been to said resturant. I have never eaten at Lee & Don's Restaurant. I have eaten at Timbos and like I said, they made a good breakfast for us.

If the food and the prices are good people will travel for it. Also don't let the shut door fool you...we keep it closed...because we keep the air on.

There are a few "small" restaurants in the complex. Most have reasonable, and convenient, food all day. Each seems to cater to a certain type of resident. Timbos prices are slightly higher than most, but the place is good ( I'm sure JT will ask for a definition of good, but I mean good value, good portions, good taste, etc ). It is certainly the most comfortable, with tables, sofas, easy chairs, and doesn't really cater for the people who want a cheap beer. More of a "glass of wine " type place. A good spot to watch Formula One. They also usually do a very good Sunday Roast. Honeys Coffee Shop is also good. Very reasonable prices, and a good Thai cook. I like the pancakes and bacon breakfast, but I know nothing about food ! Not as comfortable as Timbos, but there a couple of tables out front which catch the breeze ( when there is one). And, as previously, posted, often full, which speaks for itself.

Unfortunately, there is a lot of "competition", and not always friendly. Understandably, all of these eateries want the business, but there have seemingly been some very unpleasant incidents. Let me say, though, that neither Timbos nor Honeys was involved ! Who would have thought that the restaurant business could be so dangerous !

Edited by VisasPlus

Was it closed around 6:00 PM today?

It looked like it when I did a drive by.

We were open. We closed the door and turned on the aircon around 4pm...just not enough breeze. Some people love the aircon...I am one of them. But as per requests we added 3 tables outside...for those who enjoy the breeze.

'VisasPlus'

It is too bad you didn't see this question until #65...you could have answered the question at #2...since you(and some others) know exactly were Timbos & Honey's are.

I personally have not seen any unpleasant incidents here relating to the resturants...I have owned the shops downstairs for well over 3 years. We only opened the restaurant less than 6 months. We were open for a short time last high season, offering one one dish a day. But had to close due to time constrants of managing 30 rental units. The only unpleasant things I have seen have had nothing to food/drinks...just personal relationship issues.

This complex has over 3000 units...even though they are at max. only half full...there are more than enough customers to go around.

'VisasPlus'

It is too bad you didn't see this question until #65...you could have answered the question at #2...since you(and some others) know exactly were Timbos & Honey's are.

I personally have not seen any unpleasant incidents here relating to the resturants...I have owned the shops downstairs for well over 3 years. We only opened the restaurant less than 6 months. We were open for a short time last high season, offering one one dish a day. But had to close due to time constrants of managing 30 rental units. The only unpleasant things I have seen have had nothing to food/drinks...just personal relationship issues.

This complex has over 3000 units...even though they are at max. only half full...there are more than enough customers to go around.

I think that is not quite correct. If my memory serves me right, you were actually personally involved in at least one incident when you refused to remove a notice in your shop window accusing one of your competitors of causing food - poisoning to a customer. The incident was witnessed by many people who saw and heard the ensuing stand up shouting match in full view of everyone passing by. I would call that an unpleasant incident, wouldn't you ? It is, unfortunately, the personal relationships issues that you mention, and which you have not only seen but have been involved in, that have caused some bad feeling around the complex. The incidents, as you say, don't all relate directly to the restaurants, but to apparent incidents between the restaurant owners. I'm not sure it is fair to go into the rights and wrongs of those incidents in this forum. I have never eaten at your restaurant, and probably never will. But that is personal choice, and there are reasons for it. Again, not fair or right to go into that here. I have no intention of getting into an "exchange of views" here about this, so I will not post further unless I have good reason to.

I did see the early posts, but it is surely your job to explain to people where your restaurant is, not mine. If I had been recommending your restaurant, then I would have assisted. That said, good luck to you with your restaurant.