Mystery Restaurant

praglen

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you saying exactly? A poster, me or anyone else, doesn't have the right to say I looked at these pictures and this is my opinion about what the pictures are telling me? If so, please report my posts about it and have a mod inform me I can't do that.

Frugal Freddy or the Queen of England can eat there all they want. My subjective reaction to their food pictures has no bearing on their free will movement in any way.

BTW, I seriously doubt the Frugal Freddy group can be characterized as a foodie organization precisely. Yes they dine around and have a good social time, and that's great, but let's face it, their choices are highly limited by low price.

* cues Darrel's entrance into the fray (BTW, drink prices are only slightly above that of 7-11)

"OK with you?"

Sure, but why don't you just give it a rest -- the OP was simply asking for instructions on how to find a new place. Talk about OFF TOPIC! . . . laugh.png

I am very happy to give it a rest. Maybe we can chat more about it at a FF-ing "foodie" event.

The expression your trying to convey requires 3 F's (FFF-ing) ...sorry for grammar check, back to the action!

I learned the association with Texas to the restaurant's name. The owners and chefs are two Thai ladies (mother and daughter) who lived in Texas for 25 years-- thus "Thai Texan". No relation to Texas food.

Much like Tequila Reef doesn't serve reefs and La Bocca probably doesn't serve Boccas. I hope this revelation doesn't short-circuit the comprehension capabilities of the self-professed T-V food critic(s) . . . smile.png

I learned the association with Texas to the restaurant's name. The owners and chefs are two Thai ladies (mother and daughter) who lived in Texas for 25 years-- thus "Thai Texan". No relation to Texas food.

Much like Tequila Reef doesn't serve reefs and La Bocca probably doesn't serve Boccas. I hope this revelation doesn't short-circuit the comprehension capabilities of the self-professed T-V food critic(s) . . . smile.png

Not exactly, amigo. From their fb site:
We are a small Mom and Daughter Cafe/Bistro located right off Jomtien Beach Road. Our food is flavourful Texas Style Food with Thai Ingredients.
http://www.facebook....205523012866315

I would say calling the food "Texas Style" most certainly is meant to convey a definite connection to Texas food.

Your Tequila Reef and La Bocca examples are absurd. Their intended cuisines are famously known, "Mexican" and Italian respectively. Look, its clear to all your posts here are more about your interest in dissing me than any real interest in food and restaurants. I suggest you give it a rest.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

Yes you are correct...that was how the name was decided...we also do real estate. We are not racist...we just happened to be Thai and from Texas...we do not judge anyone but their heritage...but by who they are.

Our menu is constantly changing by demand...just ask.

If you are still looking to find us...type this into google.com maps...(+12° 53' 22.85", +100° 52' 43.57)

We are in Rimhat Jomtien Beach Condos S2 Building 1st Floor in Rm 4.

Edited by wasaskater
  • Like 1

We are a small Mom and Daughter Cafe/Bistro located right off Jomtien Beach Road. Our food is flavourful Texas Style Food with Thai Ingredients.

I would say calling the food "Texas Style" most certainly is meant to convey a definite connection to Texas food.

Also as a note: We offer Thai Food as many of the girlfriends requested such. Texas food to us is not just Mex...Texas food to us is anything you can find at a Pappas. Which is BBQ...Seafood...Mex...Steak...ect.

Edited by Rimmer
Commercial Link removed
  • Like 1

"We are in Rimhat Jomtien Beach Condos S2 Building 1st Floor in Rm 4"

Thanks for posting your comments in this thread. When the thread first started, it seems that some people didn't even know where Jomtien Beach Condos were located. Since your location is off-the-beaten-path-- it would be helpful to have a map as opposed to the very vague Google GPS coordinates. Especially since there are five large buildings on the property -- it's doubtful that many people know which one is "S2". For people using Baht-Bus transport and having to walk onto the property, a specific map would be very useful.

Two other Jomtien restaurants that I'm aware of were off the main roads and had the same problem. Below is a map that one of them came up with. If you posted a similar well-drawn map on your Facebook page, it would be much easier for people to find Thai-Texan.

post-53404-0-67467800-1328162357_thumb.j

• Like 1

Thanks for posting your comments in this thread. When the thread first started, it seems that some people didn't even know where Jomtien Beach Condos were located. Since your location is off-the-beaten-path-- it would be helpful to have a map as opposed to the very vague Google GPS coordinates. Especially since there are five large buildings on the property -- it's doubtful that many people know which one is "S2". For people using Baht-Bus transport and having to walk onto the property, a specific map would be very useful.

Two other Jomtien restaurants that I'm aware of were off the main roads and had the same problem. Below is a map that one of them came up with. If you posted a similar well-drawn map on your Facebook page, it would be much easier for people to find Thai-Texan.

This is not a good example of a well drawn map, for some reason Thai map logic cannot compete with superior western map logic, thus the lack of decent, detailed Thai maps for sale. Here is how this map can be improved upon:

- addition of the standard blue squiggle which denotes the ocean front

- relocate the words 'Thappraya Road' to the same section of road as 'to Pattaya': most people know Thrappraya as a north-south road, on this map it is indicated as east-west, thus confusing people. Even if this small east-west section in also Thrappraya road, most people consider it a nameless connector between Jontiem Beach road and north-south Thrappraya Road

- secondary roads/sois should be drawn smaller then the primary roads: On this map everything is equal

Now everyone... start drawing your own maps!

It's true that in Thailand, stylized maps are used many times instead of geographically accurate maps. It drove me crazy when I first moved here because I didn't know where anything was located. A perfect example was when a friend from the States sent me an eMail and wanted to book a hotel at Cozy Beach because the map showed that it was right at the south end of Walking St.

In the case of the map I posted here, it has landmarks that almost anyone should be able to identify (Arch, Shenanigans, Hanuman Statue, 7-11, Family Mart) -- so imho, if anyone can't effectively use this map to locate the restaurant, they probably should not be permitted to eat out in restauants . . . smile.png

Speaking as somebody born and raised in West Texas, the photos look fine and the food looks good.

The only exception is nobody in Texas eats baked beans with breakfast. jap.gif

Yes, the addition of Baked Beans...was a request by many of the British Customers.

I will begin work on the map as soon as I can, we are doing Fajitas tonight, so I have to get to work on those at the moment.

at google maps...when you enter +12° 53' 22.85", +100° 52' 43.57

it pulls up our exact location. It also allows you zoom in and out on the satellite photos... and get directions from your location.

Although you do have to sound things out ie:

Chom Thian 5 is = to Jomtien Soi 5...which is were Thai Immigration is.

Our complex is right on Jomtien Beach Rd. Right across from the beach.

I will start working on a map as soon as I can though.

Edited by wasaskater

Why the interest in this "Texas" place? Looking at the food pics, the "Texas" food appears very inauthentic and the Thai food appears to be of the typical mediocre standard easily available most everywhere.

Is someone trying to put another restaurant out of business with their food snobbery? Give them a chance.

First of all, one wonders if this entire thread is a promotion gimmick. Secondly, I am just a poster on a web forum stating my very subjective personal opinion of what their food is about based on pictures they themselves have supplied. Obviously, you shouldn't listen to me about whether to spend your money there. Look at the pictures yourselves, etc. However, I really can't imagine anyone with basic knowledge of American Texan cuisine to conclude it is an authentic restaurant. Not everyone cares about that. I do, you don't have to. It's like you are defending the dumbed down, everything is great, mindless beach resort hucksterism that abounds here. News flash, most food sold in Pattaya is FAR FROM GREAT. Cheers.

Look there are thousands of restaurants in town. Nobody, thank god, eats at them all. We all have to use our own personal criteria to filter them out to the ones we do spend money on. It is silly to suggest that all of us waste money trying every new place that is mentioned. For me, seeing photos that don't excite at all is good enough reason to filter out. If this place was in MY condo I would try them at least once because convenience is also a factor in choosing.

And most definitely the best food critiques in Pattaya. Your picks Jing speak for themselves!!!!!!!!!!!! And you have a great batting average on your pics! By the way thanks for the critiques

It's easy enough to find.

Travel south on Jomtien Beach road, and when you pass Soi 9, travel about 300 metres. Rimhat Jomtien Beach Condo is on your left (beside a family mart).

Go in there past security. The first building on your left is S1 and the second is S2, which is the location of the resto.

It's beside the bike park.

• Like 1

It's easy enough to find.

Travel south on Jomtien Beach road, and when you pass Soi 9, travel about 300 metres. Rimhat Jomtien Beach Condo is on your left (beside a family mart).

Go in there past security. The first building on your left is S1 and the second is S2, which is the location of the resto.

It's beside the bike park.

thumbsup.gif

necronx99,

The google coordinates were very general and didn't identify WHERE on a property of 5 large buildings the restaurant was located. The address was useless in terms of finding the place.

The map was added to their facebook page just recently-- after the suggestion was made here. The comments you're referring to were made before jombom's word description of the location AND the map were posted.

• 2 weeks later...

Pass by this "restaurant" and eat next door.

We have just updated our hours. We are open Mon - Sat from 11am till Midnight. We are sometimes closed to replish stock...usually 4-6 pm.

Timbos is a fixture in our condo...and have great breakfasts too. They also now offer taxi and bike rentals too....if interested.

Pass by this "restaurant" and eat next door.

We have just updated our hours. We are open Mon - Sat from 11am till Midnight. We are sometimes closed to replish stock...usually 4-6 pm.

Timbos is a fixture in our condo...and have great breakfasts too. They also now offer taxi and bike rentals too....if interested.

I think he means the popular "Honey's" - it is often very busy and hard to get a table.